Screen captures of multiple aircraft

Thread: Screen captures of multiple aircraft

Screen captures of multiple aircraft

I have the freeware version from mud pond the formation flight toys for fsx. I'm interested in something that will take snaps of multiple aircraft from your FSX inventory parked at
    an airport or where ever.

Thanks

Just as I use for all of my formation flight screenshots, I've used the freeware FSRecorder module for a number of ground shots featuring multiple aircraft: http://www.fs-recorder.net/

Some say it is complicated to use, but I've never thought so - sometimes time-consuming, yes, but with the best results (and most options/things that you can do with it). No 'Photoshopping' required. ; )

Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

You could try Air Traffic FX, which is basically an much enhanced, payware version of Formation Flight Toys.
    You can set up a formation to follow your aircraft, or place any aircraft from your collection as statics in unused parking spots, have aircraft do circuits or follow a flight plan.

http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=airtrfcfx

I have also used FSrecorder for my multi-aircraft shots

sometimes, I fly all the different aircraft, and since I am not very good at formation flying, end up with just a few usable screenshots, like above.

However, if you don't feel like doing all those flights seperately, you can also use the recorder module in slew mode, and that makes life much easier, and you can look for interesting angles:

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

There are THREE ways for that:

One is AI traffic

One is FS Recorder

One is editing software where you make copy of one plane and paste this same plane many times in same screen

That is unless somebody tell me there is better fourth way.

Regards,

Aharon

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    You could try Air Traffic FX, which is basically an much enhanced, payware version of Formation Flight Toys.
    You can set up a formation to follow your aircraft, or place any aircraft from your collection as statics in unused parking spots, have aircraft do circuits or follow a flight plan.

http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=airtrfcfx

As I mentioned ^ I have the freeware version (Air Traffic FX) and have done a little formation flying. Now what I am curious about is if this product will do group aircraft snaps on the ground at
    any location of your choice such as Jankees and John's photos ^. I wanted to find out from users of this product if that can be done before I plunked $25 for something I don't want to have buyers remorse.

I read the read me for the freeware FS Recorder and I wonder how you would covert the saved videos suitable for youtube.

I like the formation abilities but I also would like to try to make photos of multiple planes in the air and on the ground and if AIrtraffic FX will do it then I might consider it.
    Thanks to all for your suggestions.

Nice photos John,

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    Just as I use for all of my formation flight screenshots, I've used the freeware FSRecorder module for a number of ground shots featuring multiple aircraft: http://www.fs-recorder.net/

Some say it is complicated to use, but I've never thought so - sometimes time-consuming, yes, but with the best results (and most options/things that you can do with it). No 'Photoshopping' required. ; )

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    I wanted to find out from users of this product if that can be done before I plunked $25 for something I don't want to have buyers remorse for.
    I have it, but have never really used it. But since it's from Flight1 it comes with a 30 day refund period, so no harm in checking it out to see if it fits your wants.

You can do ground shots like Johns with Air Traffic FX, but you can only place aircraft at existing parking spots, so you may need a custom airport AFCAD if you want specific locations.
    FS Recorder is probably the best for that though.

I read the read me for the freeware FS Recorder and I wonder how you would covert the saved videos suitable for youtube.
    For this you need

1) A software capture program (i Use DXTory) but FRAPS can be used and there are countless others out there that are freeware and just as good
    2) A movie making software (I use Sony Vegas) but again there will be countless other freeware ones out there

You then use your software capture to program to record your fs-recorder flight as you play them back in the sim, once you have this footage you import it into your movie making software, render that footage and upload your movie to a video hosting site

It does sound complicated but with the tools and help it becomes easy, I made this is just under 15 minutes of seeing this post although its a very rough formation and my processing settings in Vegas were wrong for FSX

https://youtu.be/JxMsm5LFzYs
    Usually found in Sony Vegas creating the next FS Video and occasionally repainting for movie purposes

http://www.youtube.com/user/UKVoodooUK

Spring chicken to s***ehawk in one easy lesson

daga daga daga daga daga daga daga daga

Here's some quick screenshots I grabbed using Air Traffic FX. I'm flying the Mk.IX ZD-B, every other Spitfire is placed by, or under the control of Air Traffic FX.

setting aircraft apart in FSrecorder

Found this video explaining how to set aircraft apart. I guess it covers the basics of selecting and spacing different aircraft. Lots of bells and whistles with this program.
    Hope I make the right choices. I wanted to try my luck at making group snaps of multiple aircraft of my choosing.

FS Recorder is very nice!

A capture that I surely have posted before. Still very nice though!

dutcheeseblend.blogspot.nl

Living by the grace of our Lord

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    Here's some quick screenshots I grabbed using Air Traffic FX. I'm flying the Mk.IX ZD-B, every other Spitfire is placed by, or under the control of Air Traffic FX.

Ah, so you can space out the aircraft on ground and then snap a picture(s).
    Is is easier to do this with your program then fsrecorder?
    I know the fsrecorder are well experienced and take great snaps, But I've watched a few videos on fsrecorder and to me
    there are a few clicks here and there to make. I dunno.....

Ah, so you can space out the aircraft on ground and then snap a picture(s).
    Is is easier to do this with your program then fsrecorder?
    I know the fsrecorder are well experienced and take great snaps, But I've watched a few videos on fsrecorder and to me
    there are a few clicks here and there to make. I dunno.....
    ATFX will only place statics in existing parking spots, so you wouldn't be able to position the them anywhere you like.
    ATFX is probably quicker, that scene was set up in under a minute, but FSRecorder is much more versatile.
    One thing that does annoy me with ATFX is that flying aircraft under it's control always have the lights on! If you really want to get the best screenshots, FS Recorder is the way to go, but it does take time to set up the shots.

Members who have read this thread: 0