JustFlight DeHavilland Dove & Devon Out 1-15
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: JustFlight DeHavilland Dove & Devon Out 1-15

JustFlight DeHavilland Dove & Devon Out 1-15

Aeroplane heaven passed this to just flight several months ago.

I contacted just flight in September and was told "it will be released soon"

It appears to have gone down the tubes which is a great shame.

Martyn do you have any news or clarification?

Cheers Chris
    Last edited by stovall; January 15th, 2016 at 05:49.

From what AH said in the piper thread, its still soon.. as for 'passed to jf' it was announced it would release through them, but AH are still finishing it as far as I know.

We received a new build today which should hopefully be the final one. Once our testing team has confirmed that (hopefully this evening or tomorrow morning) then we will be getting it on sale very shortly thereafter
    Martyn
    Just Flight Development Manager

This is a very interesting aircraft and I seriously hope that you tell your Beta testers to do a better job than what they did with the Lockheed Electra.

I´m not a native english speaker, but does "On Sale" means its going to be cheaper or does it just mean that it will be for sale.

It means that the product will be for sale - available to purchase.
    Martyn

On sale means you'll be able to buy it.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Good news...and the Electra was offered at an introductory price for the first week so maybe
    Not received my monthly newsletter from JF yet...wonder if it's held up awaiting the Dove...
    Cheers
    Keith

This is great news.

I have waited a long time for this aircraft.

It is a classic and super for short haul flights at controllable speeds.

Cheers Chris

Any more news on the release Martyn?

Cheers chris

Quote Originally Posted by speedy70 View Post
    Any more news on the release Martyn?

Cheers chris
    A few more alterations were required and a new build arrived today so we should have more news about the release very soon.
    Martyn

Reminds me of the 'Polish Tank' pest.

Patience is a virtue ladies.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Didn't quite escape.
    It's wrong that I read that as "polish tank" rather than "Polish Tank" and thought "yegads, that would be a lot of furniture shiner!" isn't it?

Ian P.

Any chance of a release this weekend Martyn?

I'm thinking this thing is jinxed and we will never get it.

Cheers Chris

A new build is getting checked over today. The aim is still for a pre-Christmas release but it'll be ready when it's ready
    Martyn

Yes, please, wait with the release untill its ready and reasonably bug free. Enough bug infected AC addons in 2015.

Glad to see a concerted effort at bug detection prior to release! Issuing "service packs" seems to be standard practice immediately after the release of many products these days, so it's nice to see a group decide not to half-ass things with the excuse that an SP will be released later.
    As always, looking forward to the Dove and Devon.

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    There will always be SPs regardless of how good the released model is. This is because no matter how good the beta testers are there is always some 'expert' out there who will pick up a minor bug.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    There will always be SPs regardless of how good the released model is. This is because no matter how good the beta testers are there is always some 'expert' out there who will pick up a minor bug.
    There's a difference between releasing an SP on the same day or within a couple days later, versus releasing one for very minor issues that were detected weeks after release following usage by hundreds of customers. There are a multitude of devs out there who seem to pick testers simply based on affability rather than any relevant qualifications, but it looks like in this case that some more competent testers are continually finding issues to resolve prior to release, which is a good thing. The prompt and effective reporting on and addressing of bugs should not be dependent on the perceived severity of the issue.

It'll be nice to have a quality Dove/Devon, and Aeroplane Heaven / JF's continued polishing of this addon prior to release boosts my confidence as a potential consumer of their products.

JustFlight, do you have any additional preview shots as you work through the remaining issues?

There´s a huge difference between releasing an AC with a few minor bugs that someone finds and releasing an AC with a lot of very easy to catch bugs.
    I have bought 2 Aeroplane heaven aircraft addons in 2015. One was released by Justflight. Both had a lot of bugs of the second category. Amongst them were non-funcioning avionics or wrong-funcioning avionics. Something that was picked by almost everyone. That is simply said to bad and can only be seen as the develloper/publisher either being lazy or not caring for their product (costumers).
    I think it would be good for the costumers, for Justflight and for Aeroplane heaven if this release and others in the future would be taken better care off before release. If not, Justflight/AH could easily pick a bad reputation for their products. There has been a lot of smoke about their products in 2015

I will most probably buy this one, because its really a very interesting AC and very different from the mainstream Piper/cessna tendency of "safe" products. Hats off to the develloper/publisher and I would like to support that. But another bug-bastard would turn me seriously off. So i will most probably wait with buying untill it has been tested by costumers and if I see that the level of attention is better than it has been on previous products then I will buy as well.
    DB

Icon26

I agree 100%
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.5
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

So Martyn,where are we now?

It appears that AH have not corrected the mistakes in time for Christmas.

That is a shame.

Releasing too many aircraft with too many faults will eventually stick to the developer and they will be avoided.

There are several of them and we all know most of them.

I hope maybe we get this for the new year.

Happy Christmas to you all.

Cheers Chris

Chris , I think one of the things that and why Its not moving is simply there maybe a few mirror issues, if released suddenly appears a team effort and a Well done effort , just have peoples to tear it down .. , I'm looking forward to see the RNZAF 03 I've crawl thru this one and had a good play with it - the REAL ONE , Great is only just down the road from me course I grew up with these, so I'm guessing it cannot be to far away... I want to compare it myself , biggest thing its going to be Brill

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by speedy70 View Post
    So Martyn,where are we now?

It appears that AH have not corrected the mistakes in time for Christmas.

That is a shame.

Releasing too many aircraft with too many faults will eventually stick to the developer and they will be avoided.

There are several of them and we all know most of them.

I hope maybe we get this for the new year.

Happy Christmas to you all.

Cheers Chris
    I think this is not the way to address any developer on this forum. With regards to the plane: it will be done when it's done. Just my two cents.

Cees

No, we didn't manage to finish things before Christmas. Indeed what a shame. That's the thing about families, they just get in the way don't they?

And yes DB despite the F27, F3F, Electra, Swift and B17F winning awards like PC Pilot Classic medals we will try to do better in future. I'd hate for my business to fail. Good Lord no.

So, anyway, I wish you all a very Merry Christmas.

That's a shame Baz. Never mind.. we have something to look forward to early in the new year now

ATB
    DaveB

Members who have read this thread: 1