RealAir Spitfire
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: RealAir Spitfire

RealAir Spitfire

I just finished uploading a series of paints for the RealAir Spitfire, you may have seen some of them in other threads.

Schreiner target tug:

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/...reiner-ph-nfo/

MK805 of the Italian Air Force, currently in the museum in Vigna di Valle:

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/...r-force-mk805/

'Eleonor', the aircraft of Major Jared, CO of the 309th FS/ 31st FG

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/...st-fg-eleonor/

MK151 WR-F of 40 squadron, SAAF, based in Italy, december 1944.

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/...qn-mk151-wr-f/
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

MK210 as flown by Lt.Col Gustav Lundquist of the USAAF, Test Section, Boscombe Down. He made an emergency landing on Greenland while returning to the UK from the US. The Spitfire had been testing long range tanks at Wright Field. While waiting for spare parts, a mechanic, sgt Petta asked if he could paint nose art on the aircraft. When Col Lundquist returned, this was the result. On return to Boscombe Down, the noseart was removed and hung above the bar in the officers'mess.

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/...-ix-raf-mk210/

MJ586 LO-D of 602 squadron, flown by the French ace Pierre Clostermann (19 confirmed victories) during July 1944.
    http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/...qn-mj586-lo-d/
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

Great stuff! For me the IX is the Spitfire shape, probably formed by the fact that the RNoAF flew this mark for most part of the war and therefor it is the most photographed mark in Norwegian books.

Did he fly a Spit from the US and back to the UK? Drop tank or not, that sounds like a very scary flight if you ask me!

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Thanks JanKees, I particularly like the Schreiner version. The best aircraft to fly on King's day

Cheers,
    Huub

Thanks very much for these. After all these years the RAS Spitfire is still my all-time favourite FS addon.

Sorry, guys, if you downloaded them real quick, I mixed up some VC textures. So if you see the wrong wings from the VC, please download again.

would you be interested in a Mk XIV repaint as well?

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    would you be interested in a Mk XIV repaint as well?

Does a Bear take a dump in the woods?
    Just roll it out and I'll be very happy to add it to my hanger.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

I have the A2A and RealAir Spitfires and love both, but the RealAir's still the only one I've accumulated repaints for and these will add nicely to my collection, Jan Kees. Top work as usual!

Like Dave said, there's just something about the RealAir Spitfire that keeps me going back to fly her time and again.

The included rendering of RAF West Malling complete with AI Spitfires is rather nice, too.

Highly recommended and exceptionally well catered for if you're a repaint fan.

OK, still a few details to sort on that one, and this one too:

Its great seeing new paints for this old girl. Bravo Zulu JK

ATB
    DaveB

One thing I love is the compare between the sound sets of the A2A to the Realair , compare them both to the change and development within such a short time, only way I can compare it was a Hurricane was rebuilt here and on startup and ground run tests it near smack on to the A2A early Spit ... then to here the more throaty Realair Spit to the Mk16, go for it JK.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Warren View Post
    One thing I love is the compare between the sound sets of the A2A to the Realair , compare them both to the change and development within such a short time, only way I can compare it was a Hurricane was rebuilt here and on startup and ground run tests it near smack on to the A2A early Spit ... then to here the more throaty Realair Spit to the Mk16, go for it JK.
    But the A2A Spitfire uses sounds recorded from a P-51 so sounds nothing like a Merlin III on either a Spitfire, or a Hurricane!

(From memory, the RA Spitfire IX & XIV uses a mixture of Merlin and Griffon and other engines, and doesn't really sound like either to me!)

Anyway, nice repaints Jan Kees.

Looking forward to the XIV repaints!

Cheers

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Bradburger View Post
    But the A2A Spitfire uses sounds recorded from a P-51 so sounds nothing like a Merlin III on either a Spitfire, or a Hurricane!

(From memory, the RA Spitfire IX & XIV uses a mixture of Merlin and Griffon and other engines, and doesn't really sound like either to me!)

Anyway, nice repaints Jan Kees.

Looking forward to the XIV repaints!

Cheers

Paul
    I'd tend to agree with that Paul One thing though.. regardless of accurate either model sounds.. the 'fly by' sounds on the RA Spit are far superior to A2A's. Music.. pure and simple
    ATB
    DaveB

SOUND I disagree with the disagree'ers .. there is also a huge different in the sound pitch between the Merlin and Griffon, the early Merlin did had a more milder sound and is very distinctive in the air .. all it takes is the exhaust change, the doppler sound on the fuselage and to finish it off the extra power up to that 1600 to 2000 HP .. course the blades add a mix to the sound flavour ....

well, I just paint them...

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/...utch-sqn-vl-q/

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/...-132-sqn-ff-b/

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/...gian-sqn-mn-f/

I hope you like them, and as always, if you do, I would appreciate a screenshot of it/them in action in your sim.

is there room for one more in your hangar (nearly finished)?

A 1/24th scale model of this Spitfire hangs from the ceiling in my basement, with the same paint scheme. Very nice, Jan.

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    is there room for one more in your hangar (nearly finished)?

Of course there is...
    Especially for a No.340 Free French RAF Squadron bird!!!

Last edited by jankees; December 5th, 2015 at 06:08.

last ones not so interesting? No worries, perhaps something French is more up your alley?

I like the "standard" myself, but how about a free Polish or Czech?
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

sure, any particular aircraft in mind?

Not really, thanks - I'll have a look round and se if I can find one.
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Members who have read this thread: 3