RealAir Spitfire - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: RealAir Spitfire

I think I saw a pic of a DL-B somewhere, I'll have another look
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    so let's leave the metal ones for now, and concentrate on a few Ozzies. RAF Spits very rarely sported any kind of noseart, but I found a few RAAF ones that did:

any comments? And what did you make of the color of the RAAF spit I posted earlier. Not too blue, was it?
    I seriously do like these weathered Australian paint JK ... simply something about your skill really showing here

I just uploaded a few more paints for the Real Air Spitfire:

you'll find them, as usual, on OZx.
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

Beautiful JK

ATB
    DaveB

I just uploaded a few more paints for the Real Air Spitfire:

you'll find them, as usual, on OZx.
    Hi Jan Kees,
    beautiful repaints as usual!!!
    Just one thing though... I think the Stork insignia of RAF No.329 Squadron (GC 1/2 "Cigognes") should be just below the windscreen... What do you think?
    Best regards,

Stéph.

Here is a quick link to a picture of Spitfire NH571:
    https://fr.pinterest.com/pin/310044755578889424/
    Anyway, I think I should have started by saying thank you as GC 1/2 is my favourite squadron...

I think you are right. I've uploaded a quick new version, see if that is better. If not, you'll have to wait till next weekend.

I'll have a look tomorrow...
    Thanks Jan Kees!

Looking absolutely brilliant JK, Colin Grey .. nobody wanted him only to find become a lethal weapon system with a Spitfire strapped to him

Hi Jan Kees,
    this version is a bit disappointing to me... Let me explain:
    You've produced lots of fantastic repaints, I especially like your "Eleonor" repaint and I was hoping for the same quality.
    I find the "Stork" insignia of this repaint to be very blurry... May be does it come from the fact that it is an interim version?
    Anyway, I must thank you for all the work done and the time spent!!!
    Cheers,

Stéph.

I think you are right. I've uploaded a quick new version, see if that is better. If not, you'll have to wait till next weekend.

oh dear, disappointment, we can't have that. Apparently I was a bit too quick with my changes, due to a lack of time. Next time I'll need to let you wait a bit longer and make sure it is the right version. Try downloading again...

and the eagle-eyed among you will have seen I made a mistake with Colin Gary's aircraft too, so there too, please try again:

my painting time is rather limited lately, so it seems I have been cutting corners, I'll try better in the future.

Hi Jan Kees,
    your last version is fine for me, thanks!
    Cheers,

Stéph.

Great to see you back to the easel again Jankees.
    My easel is broken for the time being.

Paul "Mechanic" Domingue
    Maximum 3ds Maximus

Thanks Jankees for these great late-blooming skins. Honestly, how many other add-ons are this good at this age? My RealAir trio of the Spitfire, Scout and SF-260 must be about the best value aircraft I've ever bought - as good in P3D v3 today as they were in Vanilla FSX nearly (good grief!) nine years ago.

since you like it so much, here's another one:

because I like it too!

I thought I'd continue with the career of Colin Gray:

and then I thought, why not a few more?

MK.XIVs are looking nice Jankees.

One small detail I notice that needs correcting is the position of the camera port on RM818.

It' needs to be lowered, as it's too high on the fuselage and should have a teardrop shroud as seen in the images below.

(RM927 picture credit : - Peter R. Arnold)

Cheers

Paul
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Spitfire_F.R_MK_XIV.jpg   14-RM927A-AcFeb200901a.jpg  

aha, that was not very clear on my picture... back to the drawing board!

My try at the camera fairing..

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Looking Superb JK , I do love it when all this extra photo material and details pops out, Paul

JensOle , Done !

Quote Originally Posted by JensOle View Post
    My try at the camera fairing..
    Ah yes, I remember!

(I was going to suggest JKB might borrow your bump map for it!)

Here are a few more pictures of the high back FR.XIV fuselage camera doors.

I also found this excerpt from a model decal sheet which features RM818, although it's on the small side: -

The other thing if I might suggest, is to remove the 'rogue' battery access hatch on the rear starboard fuselage, as Jens Ole has done on his repaints.

Cheers

Paul
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 14L.jpg   MusSpit-0040.jpg   avi_32009_p.jpg  

I couldn't find JensOle's paint, so I made my own bump map, is this better?

Smashing work Jankees

If I may be so bold.. the teardrop fairing looks just a little on the large side.. especially on the LH side? Could be the viewing angle as the RH side one looks smaller in the screenie and I'll bet they're both the same size on the bump.
    ATB
    DaveB

ha, you may be so bold!
    They were the same on either side, and now they still are, but smaller..

Members who have read this thread: 3