A big tip of the hat toTim"piglet" Conrad... - Page 9
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: A big tip of the hat toTim"piglet" Conrad...

Almost done...just the serials and some details adjusting....

Just uploaded here...
    ZF 269 - Actual aircraft is not an Embraer Super Tucano 314, but a Shorts Tucano T1, Royal Air Force Tucano Display Team 2012, RAF Linton-on-Ouse.

Thank you very much for doing these textures, especially the RAF ones. I didn't realise that the super tucano was used by so many countries.

And as the title says; thanks to Tim for the great aircraft.

Quote Originally Posted by mattcurry View Post
    Thank you very much for doing these textures, especially the RAF ones. I didn't realise that the super tucano was used by so many countries.

And as the title says; thanks to Tim for the great aircraft.
    Yep...the Embraer is popular....and when you add up the variations....314...312...Shorts, etc....there are lots of 'em.

Here's an extremely 'early' in progress... Some layouts can be set to a degree by a photo to act as a template....but it gets 'challenging' when the original isn't a 314 but a 312 instead.
    It ends up more a guide than anything else...and pilots and their sheilas standing in the way doesn't help either...

Edit....stage 2 ....left side is roughed in...paint layout needs adjusting before cloning to right side...

Last edited by Jafo; December 17th, 2015 at 18:39.

Took a while...but the fuse is done...both sides...other than the serial...next issue will be working out what the u/s of the wings looks like....

Gah....got a pic that tells me what it is....gonna be a pain [still]...

Doesn't get any more Patriotic than that....for the RAF ...

I think it's done.....

...and the topside...

Love these repaints and aircraft (so much so I'm making a video )

But for some reason despite everything been installed fine, swapping aircraft causes a crash to desktop and I cant for the life of me figure out why

Any clues?
    Usually found in Sony Vegas creating the next FS Video and occasionally repainting for movie purposes

http://www.youtube.com/user/UKVoodooUK

Spring chicken to s***ehawk in one easy lesson

daga daga daga daga daga daga daga daga

Quote Originally Posted by UKVoodoo View Post
    Love these repaints and aircraft (so much so I'm making a video )

But for some reason despite everything been installed fine, swapping aircraft causes a crash to desktop and I cant for the life of me figure out why

Any clues?
    The paints are high resolution...4096x4096...and even in DXT5 format are pretty large and thus demanding on system resources.

The original released skins were 2048 or a quarter the load.

Incidentally....I run them as 8,8,8 bitmaps [uncompressed] and thus 4 times bigger than the DDS textures....

Quote Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
    The paints are high resolution...4096x4096...and even in DXT5 format are pretty large and thus demanding on system resources.

The original released skins were 2048 or a quarter the load.

Incidentally....I run them as 8,8,8 bitmaps [uncompressed] and thus 4 times bigger than the DDS textures....
    I dont think its your textures that are causing the CTD as my system handles both the model and textures at 60fps locked without a problem, its when I try to load any aircraft after flying the A-29
    Usually found in Sony Vegas creating the next FS Video and occasionally repainting for movie purposes

http://www.youtube.com/user/UKVoodooUK

Spring chicken to s***ehawk in one easy lesson

daga daga daga daga daga daga daga daga

'Spose the next question is...does it happen swapping between any other 2 planes [not the Tucano] ?

Meanwhile....on the go....

...and underside..

Edit....
    I think it's finished.

Last edited by Jafo; December 19th, 2015 at 16:43.

Nope...those yellow wing flashes are wrong.... the display team might have them but not in this paint version.
    Gotta change it...

It's finished.... time to upload these few latest...

Nope...those yellow wing flashes are wrong.... the display team might have them but not in this paint version.
    Gotta change it...
    Needless to say...just as soon as I'd revised the textures I found a photo with the flashes....
    I can't win.
    But since the majority of pics don't....then neither shall I...
    I'll save them for another version.

Jafo, I believe the yellow flashes are on the display aircraft at present, maybe keep them?

Quote Originally Posted by Jason32 View Post
    Jafo, I believe the yellow flashes are on the display aircraft at present, maybe keep them?
    Yes....after more searching I ended up doing 2 versions...'early and late' as it first had no flashes...they were added later.

So here's a few about to upload...

And here's another one...still have the wings to do [and the right side] ...

Edit....getting there...

Last edited by Jafo; December 23rd, 2015 at 20:58.

Looking great Jafo

Just checked on airliners.net and there are lots and lots of various schemes for the Tucano....should I start a wish list lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jason32 View Post
    Looking great Jafo

Just checked on airliners.net and there are lots and lots of various schemes for the Tucano....should I start a wish list lol
    All these latest RAF ones aren't EMB 314s...they're Shorts....which makes them essentially 312s....and thus not fair dinkum...

ZF378 is done...so looks like I have six to upload...

ZF378 is done...so looks like I have six to upload...
    Some beautiful stuff here, Paul. Really appreciate you seeing the potential in this model and taking it to the next level.

Quote Originally Posted by henrystreet View Post
    Some beautiful stuff here, Paul. Really appreciate you seeing the potential in this model and taking it to the next level.
    Glad you're liking them...

I'll get these latest ones together today for upload...

Edit....this one's uploaded here...

ZF 317 - cn:S098/T69 - Actual aircraft is not an Embraer Super Tucano 314, but a Shorts Tucano S-312, Royal Air Force Tucano Display Team 2009, RAF Thirlmere, Cumbria.

As has this one...
    ZF 244 - Actual aircraft is not an Embraer Super Tucano 314, but a Shorts Tucano T1, 72 Sqdn. Royal Air Force Tucano Display Team 2014, RAF Linton-on-Ouse - Painted in honour of the fallen from World War One. Pilot:- Flt. Lt. Dave Kirby.

Members who have read this thread: 2