Install issue....

Thread: Install issue....

Master of Disaster

Install issue....

Has anyone else had issues with v3 install: Prepar3D v3 needs Prepar3D v3 to install correctly: Error 0x80070643: Failed to install MSI package.
    If government was the answer, it was a stupid question!

Icon9

Wish I could help you Mud, my install went perfectly on a SSD. Anyone get Error 0x80070643. You could also post this error at the Lockheed Martin website.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Master of Disaster
    I finally get back into simming and I've been trying to figure this out all day......

Master of Disaster
    Now it allowed me to activate the game but is saying that the content and scenery files aren't installed.....Which they clearly are because I can see them in the files....SMH! LOL

How did you proceed to trigger the installation ?
    Did you right-click on the "setup.exe" file and select the "Run as administrator" option ?
    Also, did you specify a destination folder different from the default "c:\Program Files(x86\..." ?

Mud, the last post reminded me, you must setup as Administrator or bad things can happen. Like a partial install where things are missing. You will have to do a complete uninstall from the P3D installed then reinstall as Administrator.

Do not uninstall using Window/Control Panel/Programs. You will then have a problem with serial numbers and other issues. Always do the uninstall from the P3D installer.

Master of Disaster
    [0F24:0A44][2015-11-01T20:50:56]e000: Error 0x80070643: Failed to install MSI package.
    [0F24:0A44][2015-11-01T20:50:56]e000: Error 0x80070643: Failed to execute MSI package.

What is an MSI package?

MSI = Microsoft Installer
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stovall View Post

Do not uninstall using Window/Control Panel/Programs. You will then have a problem with serial numbers and other issues. Always do the uninstall from the P3D installer.
    Strange you should say that Tom. I use the uninstall from the Control Panel and have no problems re activating after a re-install. Doing it any other way required me to write to LM to get the sim re-activated.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Master of Disaster
    I can't uninstall something that has never been completely installed as far as I can tell. MSI....ok, I know what that is now. The question is how do I fix it? Still zero response from the Lockheed forum on what is wrong. :-(

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    Strange you should say that Tom. I use the uninstall from the Control Panel and have no problems re activating after a re-install. Doing it any other way required me to write to LM to get the sim re-activated.
    Pat, my experience was just the opposite. I had problems with one of the original releases and uninstalled with Control Panel. When I tried to reinstall I think I remember the message saying something like I only paid for one license. When I contacted LM they had to send me a different key to get back on board. Very interesting.

Good question indeed.
    I only "uninstalled" P3D v2, a few weeks ago back when I installed P3D v3. I used the standard Windows uninstallation from the control panel...
    I don't plan on reinstalling P3Dv2 anyways, but still I would like to know what is the official procedure, in case I need to reinstall P3D v3...

Members who have read this thread: 0