No profile in list for fsx under nvidia inspector

Thread: No profile in list for fsx under nvidia inspector

No profile in list for fsx under nvidia inspector

Long story short....found out I was missing some settings in my Inspector ( 4x Sparce for my dx10 setup ) so I deleted inspector and re downloaded it. When I go to profiles and type in MS Flight Simulator X it is no longer in the drop down list. Every other type of flight sim is in there. What happened?

A bit frustrated and hope I'm just missing something
    Jim
    Jetline system
    Windows 7 Home Premium
    Intel(R) Core (TM)i7-4790k cpu 4.00GHz
    8.00 GB 64-bit Operating System
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 980

Did you delete the associated xml and config files too? Can't see what else would cause the issue you describe... NI is pretty simple and doesn't even need to be installed.

Greg
    i7-8086K @ 5.3GHz, ASUS Maximus XI Hero, MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X driving a 27" 2K LCD, G.Skill 16GB 3600, Samsung 512GB 970 Pro NVMe (OS and P3Dv4) and WD 2TB Black, Win 10 Pro.

I deleted the existing Nvidia inspector folder since it was missing certain settings (thought I had a bad download or something). this particular download did have the MS fsx profile. Then I downloaded a new zip of Nvidia Inspector and opened the new folder and ran the inspector from within the folder. following pictures is what I get now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails inspector.jpg   missing fsx.jpg  
    Jetline system
    Windows 7 Home Premium
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 980

Trying s system restore right before I deleted inspector.

Jim
    Jetline system
    Windows 7 Home Premium
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 980

Can understand your frustration... I notice you have CCleaner on your system, did you use it after deleting all NI files? Also, delete that NI desktop icon. Push come to shove, delete everything associated with NI, run CCLeaner, then reboot. FYI, my system shows the same files as your first pic, show it seems all is downloading properly.

Greg
    i7-8086K @ 5.3GHz, ASUS Maximus XI Hero, MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X driving a 27" 2K LCD, G.Skill 16GB 3600, Samsung 512GB 970 Pro NVMe (OS and P3Dv4) and WD 2TB Black, Win 10 Pro.

If system restore doesn't work, then re-install the driver.
    You only get one chance with each profile.
    This is the warning you see if you try to delete an
    .exe file from its profile.

You must keep all of the NI files together in one folder or it will not function properly.
    The only cure is to delete all of the NI files you have - re download it - place all of those files in one folder - put that complete folder anywhere you like - and run the exe..once you have established that it works correctly you can make a shortcut for the desktop.
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

I did do this thinking another profile would be created so at least I know where the train derailed.
    So when you say driver...the graphics card driver is what your referring too?

will be back later tonight as work calls.

thanks all for help

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by ncooper View Post
    If system restore doesn't work, then re-install the driver.
    You only get one chance with each profile.
    This is the warning you see if you try to delete an
    .exe file from its profile.

Jetline system
    Windows 7 Home Premium
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 980

Yes, the graphics card driver.
    Re-installing that will restore all the profiles,
    as the warning message says.

Does it mean the FSX profile is also missing from the regular NVidia Control Panel ?

The driver uninstall reinstall worked. Profile for fsx is listed in graphics card as well as inspector once again. So now back to setting this up for Steves dx10 fixer as per the manual.
    Thank you all for digging me out of my hole and ncooper for showing me where I derailed.

Jim
    Jetline system
    Windows 7 Home Premium
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 980

Members who have read this thread: 0