Piper Aztec coming from Aeroplane Heaven - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Piper Aztec coming from Aeroplane Heaven

Bump!!

After the release of the B-17, I'm hoping the AH team could give us a small teaser of the progress on this bird.

Here is a pic of the Aztec I flew several years ago....

Perhaps a livery idea?

Still can't wait for this one!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1356409F.jpg  
    ~Justin

"I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things . . ." — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

She's well underway with the VC nearly complete. We'll have new pics very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    She's well underway with the VC nearly complete. We'll have new pics very soon.
    Great news!
    ~Justin

"I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things . . ." — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Huh...so now we're getting two. One from AH and one from Alabeo. This'll be interesting.

I'm going to guess the market for addons is continuing to drop - so Grrr to Carenado for not letting AF release their's. There's plenty of other planes to make!
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Quote Originally Posted by ryanbatc View Post
    I'm going to guess the market for addons is continuing to drop - so Grrr to Carenado for not letting AF release their's. There's plenty of other planes to make!
    I think they are two different Aztec variations, which may counteract some "same plane different company" issues. Also, it's Alabeo, AND, I don't see anything prohibiting AH or Alabeo from releasing their products.
    Looking forward to both!

Not wholly unexpected I suppose, there's always room for more than one. Looks like a later sharp nose so we'll be different I am sure.

AH is doing a D model. Alabeo looks to be an E or F. I hope they both make an option for the aftermarket squared off tips. They give almost an extra hours flying time! Mine had those. They gravity feed into the aux tanks from what I remember. I am looking forward to both!!! Anyone hear me say that before? LOL!

Don

This is good for the market .. competition drives quality. Go AH!!

- J
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

I'll have both thank you very much.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Has anyone else noticed that AH has updated their site for the Aztec?

I'm sure it wont be long now.

From the cockpit screens it looks to be equipped with an Altimatic IIIb-1 autopilot. I wonder if the AP will be modeled to RL standards?

Does anyone have any RL experience with this AP? The Aztec I flew in RL had the IIb but I never used it as it was always deferred.
    ~Justin

We are currently working on the Altimatic. You will have a choice of "standard" avionics with the Altimatic or digital avionics with a GNS and digital autopilot, currently switchable from the same cockpit..

We are currently working on the Altimatic. You will have a choice of "standard" avionics with the Altimatic or digital avionics with a GNS and digital autopilot, currently switchable from the same cockpit..

BRILLIANT!
    ~Justin

Default GNS or RXP/Mindstar?
    Anneke

Garmin GNS-430.

Thanks Bazzar, based on your answer I assume the GNS 430 is based on the default GPS of FSX and not on third party addon?
    Anneke

Quote Originally Posted by Anneke View Post
    Thanks Bazzar, based on your answer I assume the GNS 430 is based on the default GPS of FSX and not on third party addon?
    Even if it is, I still can't wait! I know there are many folks who enjoy all that RealityXP stuff and what-have-you. If AH chooses to integrate....awesome....if not...that's cool too. I'm perfectly fine with the default GPS systems in FSX. Not too much to be overwhelming but more than enough to get the job done. I'm ready to start shooting some ILS approaches in IMC with this thing.

The bottom line is....WE'RE FINALLY GETTING AN AZTEC!

Thank you AH!
    ~Justin

Like all our products, the Aztec is designed to deliver maximum play value without breaking the bank. We believe that we have hit a good balance which has shown up so far in our year to date results. So we will not be veering from the path. If people are happy to pay for systems rich, technically sophisticated pieces that's fine but we do not have those in our business model and so far have no plans to change that. If you have and are happy with our other products, then I can promise the Aztec will deliver the same immersive, authentic feeling experience.

Like all our products, the Aztec is designed to deliver maximum play value without breaking the bank. We believe that we have hit a good balance which has shown up so far in our year to date results. So we will not be veering from the path. If people are happy to pay for systems rich, technically sophisticated pieces that's fine but we do not have those in our business model and so far have no plans to change that. If you have and are happy with our other products, then I can promise the Aztec will deliver the same immersive, authentic feeling experience.
    you're speaking my language, brother
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Nice modeling indeed. But this business model is not my cup of coffee. Good luck though
    Anneke

way to go!

Alabeo seems to be close to the release date: http://www.airdailyx.net/fsnewsbreak...sly#commenting

So I have only two questions:

1. Which one of the will be the first one to be released?

2. Which one of them - Alabeo or AH - will do their job better+

We´ll see...

So I have only two questions:
    1. Which one of them will be the first one to be released?
    2. Which one of them - Alabeo or AH - will do their job better+
    We´ll see...
    #1. . .we probably won't know til it's released
    #2. . .They will both do a job commensurate with their previous releases. As Baz explained, their business models are different so Alabeo will do the best they are able as will AH.

I like both brands so I'm happy.. Knowing how much more receptive the painters are to AH, I expect to see far more liveries for their Aztec than Alabeo's...unless the latter has made some significant changes..
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Members who have read this thread: 0