My Tribute

Thread: My Tribute

Parky

My Tribute

Rather than try to express in words just how utterly astonished I am by how rapidly and completely this sim has evolved, I'll resort to illustrating how I feel about it by having the onlooker see it as I see it....through my own eyes.

It's been said that a picture is worth a thousand words. Might I be so bold as to suggest a moving picture is worth a million or more.

The terrain and objects.....the UI......the effects.....the flight models...the skinning work...the historical accuracy, and last but certainly not least, the not-so-artificial intelligence of both enemy and friendly pilots...have turned this into an absolute must have for any serious virtual combat pilot.

Special thanks to Polovski for the extra firepower on the Tripe. I'll forgive you for the sluggish handling.......lol.

Absolutely outstanding accomplishmnet here gents!!!:ernae:

(This clip is best viewed at 100% of it's original size)

http://www.simgamers.net/downloads/BHAH.wmv

Cheers,

Parky

77Scout
    Well said Parky. Great video!

well parky my man/ that was bloody awsome.

but to be honest with you i have never had so many highs and low's as i have had as of late trying to get this sim to run smoothly.
    i have tweaked untill i can tweak no more and can not for the life of me figure out how you get what you have out of your machine.
    my hat is O.F.F. to you.
    now, please do us all a favour and post your settings to give us a baseline from which to run.
    we can go up or down from there.
    Believe you me there isnt anyone that wants to see this work any more than i.
    we need your help man.
    we would all appreciate it , and oh yea,not to shabby on the shooting,who was flying the plane:costumes:
    PD

arjdsm
    hey Parky, speakin of tributes, hope u don't mind me joinin' u
    http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=6TcC_ni0ojo

Rickitycrate
    Parky, Such patience in pulling the trigger and that flying, your anticipation is very good. Thanks for making the vid and sharing. Says more than words could.

Bungo_Pete
    Quote Originally Posted by pilotsden View Post
    but to be honest with you i have never had so many highs and low's as i have had as of late trying to get this sim to run smoothly.
    i have tweaked untill i can tweak no more and can not for the life of me figure out how you get what you have out of your machine.
    my hat is O.F.F. to you.
    now, please do us all a favour and post your settings to give us a baseline from which to run.
    we can go up or down from there.
    Believe you me there isnt anyone that wants to see this work any more than i.
    we need your help man.
    we would all appreciate it , and oh yea,not to shabby on the shooting,who was flying the plane:costumes:
    PD

I gotta echo these thoughts...now granted I'm running a pentium D but still have 2 sli'd 9600gt's these cards are pretty good(still) and I'm still getting a slide show...I'm probably gonna upgrade my cpu to a core 2 duo but frankly I'm not all that sure it's gonna make that much of a difference..alll this on a xfx 780i mobo..all's I can say is:help:

Parky, great clip and some nice flying.

What kind of frame rates do you figure?
    If I remember your running a dual core 6850 @3.6 and a nvidia 280, winxp32,is that correct.
    It looked very smooth, and with fraps recording as well,

Cheers
    Fawlty

Mk2
    Parky great vid..wow...what are you using for capture? Also some great flying being displayed...kudos!

ftgc
    Parky,

What I wanna know is how you get em to make those nice sweeping turns for you to track? Any time I start to pull lead on one they snap that plane around faster then you can blink. The one's I'm fighting are scissors masters. Great film keep em coming.

Scott

Siggi
    Quote Originally Posted by Parky View Post
    Rather than try to express in words just how utterly astonished I am by how rapidly and completely this sim has evolved, I'll resort to illustrating how I feel about it by having the onlooker see it as I see it....through my own eyes.

It's been said that a picture is worth a thousand words. Might I be so bold as to suggest a moving picture is worth a million or more.

The terrain and objects.....the UI......the effects.....the flight models...the skinning work...the historical accuracy, and last but certainly not least, the not-so-artificial intelligence of both enemy and friendly pilots...have turned this into an absolute must have for any serious virtual combat pilot.

Special thanks to Polovski for the extra firepower on the Tripe. I'll forgive you for the sluggish handling.......lol.

Absolutely outstanding accomplishmnet here gents!!!:ernae:

(This clip is best viewed at 100% of it's original size)

http://www.simgamers.net/downloads/BHAH.wmv

Cheers,

Parky
    That's the best video I've seen yet. Pukka!

UK_Widowmaker
    AHA!...and what do we see?...The opening sequence!?

Jasta 12 getting the sh*t kicked out of them!!

GO PARKY!!:amen:

Fortiesboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Bungo_Pete View Post
    I gotta echo these thoughts...now granted I'm running a pentium D but still have 2 sli'd 9600gt's these cards are pretty good(still) and I'm still getting a slide show..
    It has been said time and again that flight sims in general and certainly OFF need, more than any other single component, as fast a PROCESSOR as you can muster.
    If your processor is weak, it is pointless to link it with fast graphics cards, because the processor cannot use what the card is capable of giving it!
    Therefore the card quality is wasted.

It has also been said that this sim is best set at high resolutions. Normally in flight sims the lower the resolution, the more FPS, but in CFS3 and OFF it is OPPOSITE.
    Set the resolution as high as your card and monitor can give and see what happens. But leave off the AA.
    Turn of AV and unnecessary processes. Google in Blackviper and read his site.
    Many FPS to be gained here.

That might help- but the processor is the thing.

Parky,

When I first tried FRAPSing in P2 you have helped me make smooth recordings by setting AA and AF at the nvidia control panel. I changed nothing in P3 but when I try to record the FPS drop from 30 to 8. Any more tweaking to suggest?

Excellent movie btw. Great work!

Polovski
    Great movie Parky! Shows off the dogfights and effects dogfights well. and for a change some Jasta bashing

ovs
    Hmmff... Krumpet propaganda!! Fritzie could do better zan zat!

OvS

FritzFraghof
    Really nice vid Parky. Hey, you are an Ace pilot I think! The way you recovered from that stall just above the ground was most impressive. Respect!

Gosh those Fokker DrIs took an awful pounding, what? How often have you seen flamers BTW? You were pouring lead into the pilot/engine area...

Winder
    Wow,

I finally had a break and managed to grab this video....

Parky what can I say other than thanks very much and I am so pleased that you are having so much fun with P3.....

Some awesome gunnery skills there - glad you are on our side....

Sincere thanks!!

Best

WM
    OBD Software

aust3298
    "The Parkinator". Now thats playing the game the way its meant be played. Superb! Hey Parky, what did you think of the Wolseley Viper...some animal huh. Thats one of the things about Phase 3 that blew me away...the marked diference in the Hispano and the Viper. Not just the performance but the engine sound. First time I flew the Viper, the engine sound raised the hackles on the back of me neck. I guess my favorite allied craft is still the Camel (though I don't think it is as quirky as Phase 2 version), but the SE5 is now visually and operationally one of the jewels of the game. Man, us WWI airplane junkies are lucky to have Winder and crew crafting away. Great video (and advertisement).

paarma
    Very nice video. It shows really the difficulty to shot the enemy a/c.
    You are ace flyier and to shoot!

Hey, Parky
    You made my heart bleed twice. Firstly, because you showed extremely well done, how beautiful "Between Heaven and Hell" is; how much fun it must be, to fly around in it.
    And secondly, because you shot all my so beloved Albatros to pieces. Aren't they beautiful? I saw the sunlight reflecting on their wings, saw them curving through the air... Baron von Mahlo is sitting next to me, he's in quite some rage, I can't stop him, he's...

You crumpet, you!!! Destroyink all der lovely Albatros! Vait, until my "BHaH" arrives, ant i vill show you, zat der Munition is enough for five of der crumpet menace S.E. 5's. At least!!! Ant zen I vill still have some left for shootink up der Canteen, der cigarette store, ant der beer barrelz!!!
    Zat vill give you a terrible time, I promise you!!!

Sorry for this, Parky, he's quite okay, when he's had a few, you know?
    But when he must witness an Albatros getting shot, the sheer hell in him comes out (perhaps, you could concentrate on Dr.1 and D VII next time - he doesn't love them that much).

Cheers. Olham

Siggi
    Calm down dear, it was just a commercial.

Bravo

Parky, or should I call you Ace?

Your clip is a fitting tribute to the efforts of the OFF team.

I hope they take your clip and link to it from the Overflandersfields website.

Sometimes the written word,as powerful a tool as it may be and however eloquently expressed, is a mere bystander in the presence of the overarching power of video to showcase a product.

I cannot recall you posting a video before, unless my memory fails me. Great work! I congratulate you.

Your flying skills have rightly already received just acclaim earlier in this thread and I add mine.

That was aerial execution with surgical precision of the highest order!

Bravo

nio

I have already made a mental note not to cross you if ever we should meet in the virtual skies

Parky
    Quote Originally Posted by pilotsden View Post
    and oh yea,not to shabby on the shooting,who was flying the plane:costumes:
    PD
    1) Will do

2) Not "who".....but "what"......It was my cat.....absolutely deadly after 2 ounces of catnip and a saucer of tuna juice.

Quote Originally Posted by Fawlty View Post
    What kind of frame rates do you figure?
    If I remember your running a dual core 6850 @3.6 and a nvidia 280, winxp32,is that correct.
    It looked very smooth, and with fraps recording as well,

Cheers
    Fawlty
    Yep...same old hardware setup. Frames are very very acceptable. Sometimes drop to the mid 30's or so around a busy airfield or heavy artillery barrage. You sure as hell won't hear me complain at all. Thrilled to bits with the overall performance levels and eye-candy. You may see what appears to be some "jerkiness" in that clip. It's not evident during gameplay or capture using FRAPS. I imagine it has more to do with the rendering methods I use during the final edit. It's the best happy medium I can find though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mk2 View Post
    Parky great vid..wow...what are you using for capture? Also some great flying being displayed...kudos!
    Thanks mate.......FRAPS

Quote Originally Posted by ftgc View Post
    Parky,

What I wanna know is how you get em to make those nice sweeping turns for you to track? Any time I start to pull lead on one they snap that plane around faster then you can blink. The one's I'm fighting are scissors masters.
    Scott
    I edited out the bits where the AI made a complete bloody fool of me. Can't be publishing embarrassing moments like that in a public forum

Quote Originally Posted by UK_Widowmaker View Post
    AHA!...and what do we see?...The opening sequence!?

Jasta 12 getting the sh*t kicked out of them!!

GO PARKY!!:amen:
    Yes.....saw your post about getting bruised and bloodied by the boyz of J12. Can't be allowing that kind of nonsense to go without retaliation of some sort. Bad for morale, what.

Tally Ho!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    Parky,

When I first tried FRAPSing in P2 you have helped me make smooth recordings by setting AA and AF at the nvidia control panel. I changed nothing in P3 but when I try to record the FPS drop from 30 to 8. Any more tweaking to suggest?

Excellent movie btw. Great work!
    Thanks mate,

Go to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields (assuming a default install path)

Find your configurationoverridesdw xml. Change the multisample setting to "0" (without the quotation marks). Save the file, then go into your graphics control panel and set your anti-aliasing to the desired level making sure to "override the application settings". 8x or 16x works for me, but you may have to play with the levels to get rid of the FRAPS glitch. Aniso doesn't seem to have any bearing on this particular bug.

Example:<MultisampleType val="D3DMULTISAMPLE_0_SAMPLES"/>

Do NOT set your AA through the CFS3 cfg.

Quote Originally Posted by Polovski View Post
    Great movie Parky! Shows off the dogfights and effects dogfights well. and for a change some Jasta bashing
    Thanks Pol.....but that is why you put the extra weapon on the plane isn't it??? lol

Quote Originally Posted by ovs View Post
    Hmmff... Krumpet propaganda!! Fritzie could do better zan zat!

OvS
    I'll see you in multi-player........:friday:

Quote Originally Posted by FritzFraghof View Post
    Really nice vid Parky. Hey, you are an Ace pilot I think! The way you recovered from that stall just above the ground was most impressive. Respect!

Gosh those Fokker DrIs took an awful pounding, what? How often have you seen flamers BTW? You were pouring lead into the pilot/engine area...
    Thanks Fritz,

Flamers show up about as often as they should I figure. The beauty is, they no longer continue to fly on forever. Once you light the BBQ now.....down they go

Quote Originally Posted by Winder View Post
    Wow,

I finally had a break and managed to grab this video....

Parky what can I say other than thanks very much and I am so pleased that you are having so much fun with P3.....

Some awesome gunnery skills there - glad you are on our side....

Sincere thanks!!

Best

WM
    OBD Software

Those are indeed the finest compliments one could hope for...particularly coming from the man behind the magic. I'm having an absolute BLAST with it!!! Can't begin to thank you and your team enough!!

Quote Originally Posted by Olham54 View Post
    Hey, Parky
    You made my heart bleed twice. Firstly, because you showed extremely well done, how beautiful "Between Heaven and Hell" is; how much fun it must be, to fly around in it.
    And secondly, because you shot all my so beloved Albatros to pieces. Aren't they beautiful? I saw the sunlight reflecting on their wings, saw them curving through the air... Baron von Mahlo is sitting next to me, he's in quite some rage, I can't stop him, he's...

You crumpet, you!!! Destroyink all der lovely Albatros! Vait, until my "BHaH" arrives, ant i vill show you, zat der Munition is enough for five of der crumpet menace S.E. 5's. At least!!! Ant zen I vill still have some left for shootink up der Canteen, der cigarette store, ant der beer barrelz!!!
    Zat vill give you a terrible time, I promise you!!!

Sorry for this, Parky, he's quite okay, when he's had a few, you know?
    But when he must witness an Albatros getting shot, the sheer hell in him comes out (perhaps, you could concentrate on Dr.1 and D VII next time - he doesn't love them that much).

Cheers. Olham

LOLOL......sorry old chap. I'll try to leave them to my squadmates from now on....lol.

Quote Originally Posted by nio View Post
    Parky, or should I call you Ace?

Your clip is a fitting tribute to the efforts of the OFF team.

I hope they take your clip and link to it from the Overflandersfields website.

Sometimes the written word,as powerful a tool as it may be and however eloquently expressed, is a mere bystander in the presence of the overarching power of video to showcase a product.

I cannot recall you posting a video before, unless my memory fails me. Great work! I congratulate you.

Your flying skills have rightly already received just acclaim earlier in this thread and I add mine.

That was aerial execution with surgical precision of the highest order!

Bravo

nio

I have already made a mental note not to cross you if ever we should meet in the virtual skies

Thanks Nick,

The OFF team may do as they please with any portion or all of the aforementioned clip. I would consider it to be the highest honour if they were to feel it merited any form of use at all.

Thanks for the kind compliments.

Cheers,

Parky

James, Once again with your video and editing talent not to mention your flying and gunnery skills........You Da Man

S! Rip
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ah, the Twin Gunned Tripe, I expected to see no less

with you behind the stick. Incredible footage. Is that the missing step, the 280 X? Will have to get back ot you re my stuff.

SMOOTH OPERATOR , mine jumps all over, and it is quite difficult to fly my favorite British plane. I think too it may have to do with my TIR settings.

Nice to know what it can look like with everything running top notch.

Cheers,

british_eh