RCS B-25 "Yellow Rose" Repaint

Thread: RCS B-25 "Yellow Rose" Repaint

RCS B-25 "Yellow Rose" Repaint

Anyone know where to find or what happened to this? Have skimmed through Roy's site but this seems to have been dropped without much attention, perhaps as it was as I recall payware and he may now only be doing freeware? Thought it might be at the CAF site (a la MAAM) but nothing there either. I don't think this paint was ever in the freeware packages. Shame, as it is a nice looking paint.

Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

This one?

It's been awhile since I got this for FS9, but as I recall it was a separate package for a CAF fundraiser that was available for a limited time only. It was never released separately as freeware.

You might want to contact Roy and see if he still has it. Not sure if it is FSX compatible, but I should think that the texture should work in FSX.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

That's the one - thanks WH!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

http://www.roychaffin.com/rcs-panels.html these are currently all the repaints he is offering, I have the Yellow Rose and it was for a donation to the CAF, I am using all his fsx paints and they are great ones at that. See he is using p3d also
    Domine Deus miserere mei

Nzxt Phantom Case
    Asus Xonar Essence STX Audio Card
    Gigabyte Intel Z77 LGA 1155
    Intel I-5 Ivy Bridge 4.5 GHZ OC
    Xigmatek HDT-S1283 CPU Cooler

16 GB Ripjaws X Series
    MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970
    Viewsonic 27" monitor

Antec 750 Bronze power supply

Fsx on 'Raptor drive

Wn 7 64 bit on 500gb Raptor drive
    2T Storage HD
    Felix Audio Elise Headphone amp, PS Audio Nu Wave DAC Harman-Kardon avr 510 with EV Sentry V Speaker
    Sennheiser HD800 Headphones

I remember seeing this one a long time ago, but forgot all about it.

I did send Roy Chaffin an email, but with his health issues I don't expect a quick response, or any response at all.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Roy was never keen on repaints. Not sure why.
    I did a few in the past which he later included in the package, and a few I never published (since he wouldn't allow it), like these ones:

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

This is one aircraft that has a lot of lost potential.

I loved it in FS9, but could never understand why there were so no additional repaints. I always hoped it might evolve into a really special package.

I installed it once in FSX and it lost its glamour. The way the panel and gauges were designed it took forever to load, and I still missed a yoke in the cockpit.

My hopes are now with the VS Mitchell.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Well, Roy did respond..

And now I have this beauty in my hangar as well:

That was a test flight over West Yellow Stone
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    This one?

It's been awhile since I got this for FS9, but as I recall it was a separate package for a CAF fundraiser that was available for a limited time only. It was never released separately as freeware.

You might want to contact Roy and see if he still has it. Not sure if it is FSX compatible, but I should think that the texture should work in FSX.

I have it also, but it won't work in P3D - I tried and it loads with no landing gear and tires. It would have to be converted somehow and I don't know how to do that.

Is this paint still available somewhere?

Ask Manfredc3

Quote Originally Posted by Rukato07 View Post
    Is this paint still available somewhere?
    Ask Manfredc3 since he had a response and download if he could ask Roy if he would be able to share it here on SOH for all those who would like to use it. It's always worth a try. I tell my family "ask, don't make up their mind before you ask them"

Members who have read this thread: 0