how to reduce shimmering in FSX without using the SGAA?

Thread: how to reduce shimmering in FSX without using the SGAA?

Icon5 how to reduce shimmering in FSX without using the SGAA?

Hello friends

I need some help, does anyone know how to reduce shimmering in FSX without using the SGAA?

P.D: I use the dx10sceneryfixer and NV inspector

thanks

regards

Brisafresca

I use nvidia inspector and DX10 fixer and also use Sparse Grid AA (set @ 8x) and I have a nice clean image...

you must remember to turn off the AA settings in the Nvidia Inspector and use the FSX GUI setting to make it work properly as per the set up guide for DX10 Fixer on this board.

as SGAA is the best format for anti-aliasing with minimal FPS penalty and enhances the in- game setting quite efficiently I don't know why you wouldn't use it...?

that said - it helps to up your Texture_Max_Load= to 2048 or 4096 AND to use the Nvidia resolution multiplier
    set to at least (2x) native res.

you should have nice, crisp images with almost zero impact on FPS once done correctly
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    I use nvidia inspector and DX10 fixer and also use Sparse Grid AA (set @ 8x) and I have a nice clean image...

you must remember to turn off the AA settings in the Nvidia Inspector and use the FSX GUI setting to make it work properly as per the set up guide for DX10 Fixer on this board.

as SGAA is the best format for anti-aliasing with minimal FPS penalty and enhances the in- game setting quite efficiently I don't know why you wouldn't use it...?

that said - it helps to up your Texture_Max_Load= to 2048 or 4096 AND to use the Nvidia resolution multiplier
    set to at least (2x) native res.

you should have nice, crisp images with almost zero impact on FPS once done correctly
    hello

Thanks for answering

Of course, I have very good pictures, I use the dx10fixer AA, turn off the nv inspector AA and if I use 4x SGAA.

My problem is that when I use the SGAA, while I cross a storm or a bank of thick clouds, GPU Clock my Gigabyte GTX750OC 2GB reaches its max estimated, 1202Mhz,(clock boost is 1137Mhz), and I want is that at most to reach its nominal maximum value of 1058Mhz (GPU Base) (with clear weather remains at 1058Mhz).

So I wonder if there is any alternative to SGAA, otherwise ¿what is Nvidia resolution multiplier?

Regards

Brisafresca

in the Nvidia control panel - NOT in Nvidia Inspector -

DSR factor -

Go to - Manage 3D settings - DSR Factor - you can set to several optional multipliers of your monitors native resolution

DSR Smoothness - you can set to a percentage of multiplier efficacy - I use 2.00x native DSR factor @ 100% Smoothness efficacy.

You can set any you like - experiment for your own PC's best performance...

*** you must then go to the Change Resolution field in the Nvidia Control panel and change the monitors resolution to the new - highlighted - higher resolution created by the DSR multiplier for it to work.

** then you must either change FSX GUI game resolution to match the new, higher res. - or - leave it at the monitors original default resolution and test FPS and image quality

Clouds in FSX are always going to cause an FPS reduction - the only way to combat that is with CPU power and lower cloud resolutions... Check Ikea Catalogue and innovations Catalogue.I have an Intel I5 chip upclocked @ 3.8 ghz and its not enough
    to handle heavy cloud layers - I fly with 2/8 cumulus under REX Soft clouds + Rex Essential Plus with reduced textures and Cirrus at no more than 1/8 cloud coverage (advanced weather settings in FSX GUI) in order to avoid FPS impact. Another trick is to switch the flyby camera to zoom factor 4-6.00 - if you are zoomed in close on a flyby with clouds you will get hammered on frames, but zoomed out - no impact.
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    in the Nvidia control panel - NOT in Nvidia Inspector -

DSR factor -

Go to - Manage 3D settings - DSR Factor - you can set to several optional multipliers of your monitors native resolution

DSR Smoothness - you can set to a percentage of multiplier efficacy - I use 2.00x native DSR factor @ 100% Smoothness efficacy.

You can set any you like - experiment for your own PC's best performance...

*** you must then go to the Change Resolution field in the Nvidia Control panel and change the monitors resolution to the new - highlighted - higher resolution created by the DSR multiplier for it to work.

** then you must either change FSX GUI game resolution to match the new, higher res. - or - leave it at the monitors original default resolution and test FPS and image quality

Clouds in FSX are always going to cause an FPS reduction - the only way to combat that is with CPU power and lower cloud resolutions...I have an Intel I5 chip upclocked @ 3.8 ghz and its not enough
    to handle heavy cloud layers - I fly with 2/8 cumulus under REX Soft clouds + Rex Essential Plus with reduced textures and Cirrus at no more than 1/8 cloud coverage (advanced weather settings in FSX GUI) in order to avoid FPS impact. Another trick is to switch the flyby camera to zoom factor 4-6.00 - if you are zoomed in close on a flyby with clouds you will get hammered on frames, but zoomed out - no impact.

Thanks you for information

Members who have read this thread: 2