Orbx KSEZ Sedona Airport released! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Orbx KSEZ Sedona Airport released!

Jan, thanks for your post, and your screenshots.

I never considered that the textures shown were stretched; makes sense. To be honest, your screenshots are a bit more thorough than the official product shots, which looks like they've taken care to minimize the amount of stretched textures shown. You can still see them in your shots, but of course they look better from the air.

It's back on the consideration list.
    Jim Stewart

I think I'll have to get this one for purely sentimental reasons. 25 years ago this Earth Day my wife and I eloped in Sedona at Red Rock State Park. We're planning on going back this year to re-enact our ceremony (minus the preacher, best man and maid of honor), followed by a Mexican food lunch in Sedona.
    Expect banging, belching and an occasional manly fart as you roar down the runway at full power. (I have found that the engine can make similar noises)

Quote Originally Posted by paiken View Post
    I think I'll have to get this one for purely sentimental reasons. 25 years ago this Earth Day my wife and I eloped in Sedona at Red Rock State Park. We're planning on going back this year to re-enact our ceremony (minus the preacher, best man and maid of honor), followed by a Mexican food lunch in Sedona.
    Early 1960s - my father and I would camp and hunt in the Oak Creek canyon. Imagine Sedona back then. Pretty much an unspoiled area. A quiet little community. Flying the simulation, all I could think is that Sedona is now just another suburb of Phoenix. Reading the crash reports, Sedona airport has quite the bad reputation. Noise, pollution, accidents.

SOH-CM-2021
    I'm a UK citizen who holidayed, or took a "vacation" in Scottsdale a few years back. One trip we took was by air in a Cessna Caravan out of Deer Park airport. We landed at Sedona to collect two passengers, and the pilot warned us of the violent uplift on take off. This is apparently caused by the air current rushing up the side of the hill upon which the airfield sits. It was an unnerving experience, and not the only one we had that day!

We toured around Meteor Crater, Monument Valley, Lake Powell, then flew up to Grand Canyon Airport for the tourist bits. On the way home, we had to drop off at Sedona yet again. All in all, it was a trip to remember. In more ways than one!

We actually went back to Sedona on a road trip, and loved the place. We also learned that it's the only place in the World, where the "Golden Arches" are not Golden. They are green.

Sorry, I went off topic a bit there. Also, I think I'll give the scenery a miss, because I've already got a nice little freebee. Perhaps I shouldn't say that??

Dennis.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    The local airport resolution and appearance is very good but terrain beyond is poor. I expect an update soon! I have ensured that my scenery settings are as per the pdf.
    After finally getting this installed I would have to agree with you, the mountain textures are disappointing. I thought the surrounding mountains were all supposed to be photoreal like Monument Valley. I doubt there will be an update for it.

Just bought Sedona and I have to agree with Roger.The
    Mountain textures are not good.There are other goodies
    that are great.The Blue sky sceneries are wearing well indeed.

Anthin.

Quote Originally Posted by Double J View Post
    Bought it last night still can't get the wrapper open, stops at 80%. Downloaded 5 times, antivirus off, firewall off,1.5TB of space for it in the OS.

can't get no help from Orbx or FSS either.
    Get yourself a download manager, there are some good freeware ones these days. I was trying to download the AI from them and one of the updates refused to download without being corrupted. I saw a post that suggested a download manager and first try success! Get one that says it does resumes.
    This is the one I tried and worked great.

Members who have read this thread: 0