Making a model for a paint job

Thread: Making a model for a paint job

Making a model for a paint job

I think this is the first time someone made a model for a paint job? I just love JanKees work and had to make this special edition of the <st1<st1Mount <st1Kyle from the movie Murphy's War for his great repaint.
    For those who like a little trivia the aircraft in the novel of the same name by Max Catto was a Fairey Swordfish floatplane and not a Grumman Duck.

This is not a stand alone model you need the "Bad Duck" installed first.
    You will find the Mount Kyle in the Warbirds Library.
    Please don't laugh at my attempt of a Peter O'Toole model.

I'm continuing work on the VC and a little later will post a link that will allow those who want to download the VC model as it progresses. Just check back every so often and see what's new.

I hope you enjoy flying up the Oronoco looking for that U-boat with this duck.

Paul
    </st1</st1</st1
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FindThatUboat (5).jpg   ScrCap026.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Domingue View Post
    I think this is the first time someone made a model for a paint job? I just love JanKees work and had to make this special edition of the <st1<st1Mount <st1Kyle from the movie Murphy's War for his great repaint.
    For those who like a little trivia the aircraft in the novel of the same name by Max Catto was a Fairey Swordfish floatplane and not a Grumman Duck.

This is not a stand alone model you need the "Bad Duck" installed first.
    You will find the Mount Kyle in the Warbirds Library.
    Please don't laugh at my attempt of a Peter O'Toole model.

I'm continuing work on the VC and a little later will post a link that will allow those who want to download the VC model as it progresses. Just check back every so often and see what's new.

I hope you enjoy flying up the Oronoco looking for that U-boat with this duck.

Paul

Hi Paul, as I was the one who originally suggested that paint scheme for your awesome Duck, I am tickled to see you removed the cowling like the movie! Can you remove the copilot too? No copilot in the movie!!</st1</st1</st1

[QUOTE=ejoiner;944315]Hi Paul, as I was the one who originally suggested that paint scheme for your awesome Duck, I am tickled to see you removed the cowling like the movie! Can you remove the copilot too? No copilot in the movie!!

I guess you haven't downloaded it yet because it has just Peter O'Toole in the pilots seat. I tried my best with pictures of him downloaded from the internet. I'm also working on some new pilot figures for the other model versions. The canopy was removed as well since the one in the movie did not have the moveable parts of the canopy.

[QUOTE=Paul Domingue;944318]
    Quote Originally Posted by ejoiner View Post
    Hi Paul, as I was the one who originally suggested that paint scheme for your awesome Duck, I am tickled to see you removed the cowling like the movie! Can you remove the copilot too? No copilot in the movie!!

I guess you haven't downloaded it yet because it has just Peter O'Toole in the pilots seat. I tried my best with pictures of him downloaded from the internet. I'm also working on some new pilot figures for the other model versions. The canopy was removed as well since the one in the movie did not have the moveable parts of the canopy.
    Busted. I commented as I was downloading... I should know better!!!

Blog Entries

Oronoco???

Try the Orinoco River... might get lucky... There is no Oronoco anywhere in So. America... lol
    Couldn't pass up this quip...

Quote Originally Posted by gaucho_59 View Post
    Try the Orinoco River... might get lucky... There is no Oronoco anywhere in So. America... lol
    Couldn't pass up this quip...
    Hey... I never said I could spell. So what country?

Lightbulb

Many thanks for this, Paul !

Although I mostly don't fly "Missions", this is a great idea for a fun FSX Mission; anyone "game" to make a "Murphy's Mission" with a U-Boat in the water ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murphy%27s_War

BTW: 76.3% of the Orinoco river is in Venezuela (which is considered part of South America):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orinoco

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venezuela

Hmmm... Now for a bit of flying (with "Orinoco Flow" by Enya in the background ?) after I locate some fine freeware scenery made by the South American FSDevelopers (...that many of us might not know about yet).

https://www.google.com/#q=FSX+scenery+Venezuela+orinoco

GaryGB

Members who have read this thread: 0