Getting back to base airfield

Thread: Getting back to base airfield

peterjh

Getting back to base airfield

Has anyone a rule of thumb method of getting back to your base airfield? After being up for five or ten minutes, had a blast and maybe hit something and you have to get back to base. It's not quite like landing at Heathrow is it? One patch of grass looks pretty much like another. Do folks just plop down or do you all know precisely how and where your own landing strip happens to be?
    Without a map I might be twenty miles from where I started from.

Parky
    Bring up the TAC (Shift+T).....hit Shift+W a few times to flip to the final waypoint. Follow it......you'll soon be home.......if you don't crash into something........ or get shot down......or run out of fuel.

Madoch
    You can also press "M" to bring up the map. It has an overhead view, showing waypoints and your current location.

peterjh
    Thanks Madoch and Parky
    If I've seen that instruction on the list, I completely missed it - Cheers.

77Scout
    Not everyones cup-of-teaa, but f you want to fly full-realism, there is no reason you can't find your way back home without resorting to 'magic' items like the TAC or the 'you-are-here' map. You have to note landmarks as you fly and keep track of where you are and where home is. Paper maps are much more immersive than the 'magic' in-game map. Not for everyone, but if you want the full experience and are up for a challenge, give it a try.

gimpyguy
    I nomally cheat with the TAC, put so far I've done my impression of a Lawn Dart. If the Banner still exists, you must hit close prior to landing, or you might wake-up im the Mess

Members who have read this thread: 0