Really neat nostalgic ATC/airlines video

Thread: Really neat nostalgic ATC/airlines video

Really neat nostalgic ATC/airlines video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNddSNlPigw

Wasn't sure where to post feel free to move... about 30 min long
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Oh yes! I love that stuff! I remember getting DC-8 and 707 models when I was a kid as well as the original Bacnmann Mini Planes and playing with them for hours on end after seeing old airline ops on tv. Those were the days!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

That was excellent! I love to watch vintage films such as this. It reminds me of how much I have always loved aviation and why I still do. Now off to fly my United DC-8 which was one of my favorite models as a kid. Great paint scheme!

Funny, yes it hits that golden nostalgia sweet spot in some of us. It was all so shiny, new and changing then. Love the style and format of the film. Men wore hats - with their crew cuts - and thin ties. Reminds me of the many "official" documentary films shown in class in elementary school (US) with the 16mm projector fan blowing loudly in the back like an APU, lol. Takes you back. Great stuff.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

. . and the two main characters both speak like William Holden . .
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Haha... yeah it was a little corny and staged but I liked it! Love anything to do with airplanes!
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

The Federal Aviation AGENCY was a great outfit to work for. When LBJ made us the Federal Aviation ADMINISTRATION under the DOT, the bloom began to fade.

Members who have read this thread: 0