Reasons FSX Users Don't Move to P3D - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Reasons FSX Users Don't Move to P3D

I am staying with FSX, but I am quite happy that LM is developing P3D, it means this hobby will continue for a long long time. Yes FSX will eventually phase out for most people here, even the diehard FSX users, and it is great to know that we will have some options when that time comes. I say let LM keep developing P3D, let Dovetail keep going with their plans for FSX Steam.

We all have our 'events' that trigger us to move to the next sim, just like we did from FS9 to FSX. For me it was RealAir releasing their Spitfire Mk IX that made me jump on the FSX bus. If down the road, A2A says XX project will only be done for P3D V.whatever, and if it was a project I was really excited about, then I would seriously consider jumping on the P3D wagon. In the meantime, Turbine Duke, Legacy, 182, Cherokee, warbirds, tubeliners, FTX scenery and such continue to keep me happy.

If you have already switched to P3D and are happy, that is excellent and more power to you.

Cheers
    TJ
    "The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    People complain that M$ stopped developing FS. People complain that LM are developing FS. Can't win!
    Not complaining at all. Its a good thing LM are developing P3D can only hopefully come to better things. As for the entertainment issue. why do people fly real aeroplanes, because its fun, entertaining and they learn stuff. Now if anyone can fly in P3D and not "learn" something than they have real problems. So in the end if you use P3D you are being educated,one would hope.
    Intel 4790K @ 4.8GHz , 16 Gig Cas 10 2100 MHz ram, Nvidia GTX 970, 4Gig Video, Windows 7 64 Bit, Gigabyte GA Z87X-UD3H

I bought a 30 day trial of P3D..

On first install I had tons of set up to figure out. To include in sim and in my CCC.. We all know that takes a while, trying to figure it all out and get stability. I do get good frames and now it runs very smooth.

BUT to me it just doesn't look this good. I mean the scenery to me is lacking, and I have sliders full right .

Now.. FSX that looks this good to me is just hard to leave
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2015-2-22_6-36-39-597.jpg  

OK.. So I don't understand the new Attachment thing here.. sorry for the goof up!

Did you miss a few shots? Do you have daytime shots that didn't post? I would hope you aren't judging a sim's worth by night time screen shots.

Yes. I missed a few shots Falcon... Will try again.

And no, I am not judging anything on night time shots per say!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2015-2-14_7-46-39-412.jpg   2015-2-7_9-38-36-85.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    People complain that M$ stopped developing FS. People complain that LM are developing FS. Can't win!
    +1 :-)

I agree....damned if you do and damned if you don't.

If you do a "right out of the box" install of FSX and P3D there is no comparison. Where I live in BC it's VERY green yet
    a stock FSX installation made BC look like a desert. With zero tweaking P3D is smooth as silk.

I completely understand some people sticking to FSX until P3D runs the add-ons. ie Weather and Traffic.
    There is still a fairly large community of FS9'ers. More power to them.

I predict a year after P3D goes 64 bit FSX will be all but dead.

CK
    Flying Canada's "Left Coast"

Members who have read this thread: 1