Crew figures: model or dp?

Thread: Crew figures: model or dp?

Question Crew figures: model or dp?

As the heading says, which is best? What are the advantages of a dp crew member? I have no idea. Are they just used for converted mdls? From screenies I've seen they render in front of the glass of the models?

hit me with pros and cons of both methods please.

Jamie

Jamie,

From my conversion experiences i've seen some cases where the original crew were actually xml based figures that appeared or disappeared with certain aircraft systems like lights, engine start, etc. So these things can get lost during the conversion process. Or maybe they are animated in some way that Mldc can't translate, so they disappear in the process, unless one can restore them with scasm. This is where dp figures can be useful and its usually the reason for using them. Otherwise, its always best having them in the model itself as designed whenever possible. In the vast majority of cases, the modeled crew are suited in proper gear for the model and the nationality involved, whereas with available dp figures the closest match doesn't always look just right. Sometimes even the most suitable figure has to be reworked to make a good fit. Plus, we give up a mount point in the dp to the figure which may or may not impose on loadouts depending on the model and the missions one has in mind for it (i'm sure you're familiar with CFS2's mount point limitation).

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

Cheers my man, was thinking along those lines, but wanted to be sure.

Hope your keeping well, long time no see.

regards,
    Jamie

just anotherquestion

Hi, I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but can one of you tell me if it's possible to put the pilot in the mdl.-file when it is placed in the dp.-file? As I like to convert cfs2 planes to fsx I do have some models without pilots in the cockpit because they're placed in the dp.

Regards, hertzie.

I'll second that motion...

I second that query. I too have converted any lovely models into FSX but, alas, they have no crew...

Quote Originally Posted by hertzie View Post
    Hi, I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but can one of you tell me if it's possible to put the pilot in the mdl.-file when it is placed in the dp.-file? As I like to convert cfs2 planes to fsx I do have some models without pilots in the cockpit because they're placed in the dp.

Regards, hertzie.

Hi Bookman, I asked the question also in the CFS2-forum and got a reply that maybe I can get me further. When I'm home I'll see what I can do. If you're interested, send me a pm and maybe we can work it out together.

Regards, hertzie.

Members who have read this thread: 0