There's Nothing Like Fresh Mesh ... - Page 19
Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9111213141516171819202122232425262729 ... LastLast

Thread: There's Nothing Like Fresh Mesh ...

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Is the Mallard going to have a 2D panel? I always like to fly 2D and notice the 685 was really made for VC flying. The 2D in the 685 is from the 500. Is the Mallard going to take the same route?
    HI Mark,

The 685 uses the 500 2D panel for good reason. I have no panel gauge programmer and I am not a 2D panel artist. The 2D side was a "gift" from my 500 otherwise I would have done a screenshot of the VC and given you one basic 2D forward view without all the other popups.

That is what you will get in the FS9 Mallard, a basic 2D forward view, a screenshot of the VC with gauges.

Anyone here with the talent is welcome to come up with and share 2D panel setups for these aircraft; that's what community efforts are all about. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Quote Originally Posted by ToniJH View Post
    What is a good sound package for Mallard?
    I have not yet found nor searched for sounds.

The G-73 is powered by two Pratt & Whitney Wasp ’*H" 600 H.P.
    radial engines driving three-bladed Hamilton Standard
    Hydromatic full feathering propellers.

Hopefully there are sounds available for this engine with a 3-bladed prop setup somewhere.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    HI Mark,

The 685 uses the 500 2D panel for good reason. I have no panel gauge programmer and I am not a 2D panel artist. The 2D side was a "gift" from my 500 otherwise I would have done a screenshot of the VC and given you one basic 2D forward view without all the other popups.

That is what you will get in the FS9 Mallard, a basic 2D forward view, a screenshot of the VC with gauges.

Anyone here with the talent is welcome to come up with and share 2D panel setups for these aircraft; that's what community efforts are all about. :-)
    Thanks Milton. Would be great if someone with the skills could do this! I've tried many times to start flying VC in different aircraft but I just keep enjoying 2D more. Fantastic aircraft the 685 and thanks!

Rui insisted we provide better passenger entry/exit accommodations for the turboprop business version so I have that started, animated and working ... now for some texture mapping.

The unit waits for the door to open before moving into position.

And we have a new fancy fuselage support at the rear made from 1"x 3"s and plywood, a bit more modern than what we had. :-)

Better slap some fancy paint on that too Rui.

Apologies to Wellis for borrowing his fuselage texture for this temporarily but I am so sick of those template colors. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

no apologies necessary

Rui insisted we provide better passenger entry/exit accommodations for the turboprop business version so I have that started, animated and working ... now for some texture mapping.

And we have a new fancy fuselage support at the rear made from 1"x 3"s and plywood, a bit more modern than what we had. :-)

Apologies to Wellis for borrowing his fuselage texture for this temporarily but I am so sick of those template colors. :-)

Please feel free to use them as you will. have a couple more I'll share some screenshots here in a bitand love the entry accommodation, now I won't have to pull up a IS object

Two for the price of one!

Hi again,

here are a couple more "on-the-shelf" for the future. These depict Mallard G-73T (converted by Frakes of Texas), CN J-34 as she appeared in 1985 and 10 years later in '95. most of the photos available for this machine were taken in Scotland and England, where it was apparently a frequent visitor.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails C-FUOT_1985-1.jpg   C-FUOT_1985-2.jpg   C-FUOT-95-1.jpg   C-FUOT-95-2.jpg  

Just letting everybody know that Im back to the Mallard textures, after a few real life issues....
    as a dear friend has suggested, its time to move on...and focus on something...so the Mallard has been waiting...
    posting a few new interior shots tonight, new carpet texture, new wood panels, sharper textures, that is, etc...
    yours,
    rui

oh my, look at that..... You spoil me Milton ))))
    thank you for the new little details!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wellis View Post
    Hi again,

here are a couple more "on-the-shelf" for the future. These depict Mallard G-73T (converted by Frakes of Texas), CN J-34 as she appeared in 1985 and 10 years later in '95. most of the photos available for this machine were taken in Scotland and England, where it was apparently a frequent visitor.
    That is a very striking and sleet paint scheme wellis. Thank you for all your efforts on this one.

(Sorry, I thought I had responded to this back when you posted it.)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

For those of you running FSX, the native FSX Mallard is now in beta testing so hopefully you will be seeing that one in the near future.

For the FS9 side, we are working on textures for the inside and outside. We hope to get this out by Christmas holidays.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Charter Member 2016
    For the FS9 side, we are working on textures for the inside and outside. We hope to get this out by Christmas holidays.
    I'm looking forward to it! The Mallard is a beautiful bird...
    "Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life." - 2 Nephi 31:20

Mormon.org

"CUBA LIBRE" Pan Am/Air Bridge

For those of you running FSX, the native FSX Mallard is now in beta testing so hopefully you will be seeing that one in the near future.

A WIP paint for the upcoming G73T for FS9: N130FB "CUBA LIBRE" of Pan Am/Air Bridge ca. 1996. Hope folks will find it suitable.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails N130FB-1.jpg   N130FB-2.jpg   N130FB-3.jpg  

its all good

That is a very striking and sleet paint scheme wellis. Thank you for all your efforts on this one.

(Sorry, I thought I had responded to this back when you posted it.)

its all good, this airplane is just so much fun to paint and fly. haven't flown much else except the mallards since you turned the WIP's loose. I can hardly wait for the finals in both FS9 and FSX (at least I'll have a lot of the elements i'll need for redoing some of them for the FSX side).

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    A WIP paint for the upcoming G73T for FS9: N130FB "CUBA LIBRE" of Pan Am/Air Bridge ca. 1996. Hope folks will find it suitable.
    I say, Sir - that is a pretty paint scheme.

Love to see it for the radial version too :-)
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

in progress

Quote Originally Posted by nigel richards View Post
    I say, Sir - that is a pretty paint scheme.

Love to see it for the radial version too :-)
    Thanks for the compliment. the radial version is in the works as well

..and so for you gentlemen and ladies to see Ive been busy, heres the updated interior textures!
    I have kept a few textures, but created new ones, im in the process of aligning all the pixels, and add the shades later, cabin looks to bright right now....shes a beauty indeed, cant wait to have a couple more repaints done for the Piston Mallard, and then....start the interiors for rhe Turbo
    should have these textures done by Friday, again sorry for keep you waiting....
    Milton, this has been a great early Christmas gift! Thank you again for the Mallard!
    enjoy;

More;

The Cockpit as can be seen still needs more work....nothing compared to Rachaels beautiful textures, so bear with me here....

That is some stunning work Manecas!!!
    Well done!

magnificent

Quote Originally Posted by manecas View Post
    More;

The Cockpit as can be seen still needs more work....nothing compared to Rachaels beautiful textures, so bear with me here....
    Wow! is all i can say

I can only agree WOW!​ These look Fantastic!

That is looking absolutely amazing. A nice exterior is pretty good, but nothing appeals to me more than a well made interior. The Anchor was a nice touch.

YIKES !!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Thank you all.
    Just to confirm that Cabin textures should be finished this weekend.

N1208 Katmai Queen

A WIP paint for the up coming Milton Shupe, et. al. Mallard for FS9. Wien Air Alaska ca. 1978. A bit to go yet...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Katmai_Queen.jpg  

A WIP paint for the up coming Milton Shupe, et. al. Mallard for FS9. Wien Air Alaska ca. 1978. A bit to go yet...
    Beautifully captured Sir! Thank you
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Members who have read this thread: 0