Socata TB-10 and TB-20 - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Socata TB-10 and TB-20

Thanks Tim and Dimus. The project has undergone a fair bit of transformation with the inclusion of the TB-10 variant and various improvements including new avionics and features.

We are aiming to start posting regular development updates for this and future projects which will hopefully prove to be interesting to at least some of you! They should also demonstrate why some of these projects take so long

---

Work has been progressing well on our upcoming TB-10 and TB-20 for FSX and P3D.

This week we have been coding the KR 87 ADF system which was added after several requests from our testers. The ADF will complete an already impressive set of avionics which includes a GNS 430 (or optionally the Flight1 GTN 650 if you own it), GNC 255, KN 62A, GTX 330 and Stormscope - a lot of gadgets for a GA aircraft and perfect for those IFR flights!

The KR 87 will be fully functional, with ADF and ANT modes, BFO (audio ID), flight and elapsed timers. The unit is located on the right side of the cockpit, just above the TKS ice protection unit.

We have also been busy adding the ground equipment. A control lock (fitted into the control wheel tube) and aileron locks (fitted to the ailerons) prevent any movement of the ailerons or stabilator. The control lock also prevents the ignition key from being inserted.

On the exterior of the aircraft we have added tie-downs and chocks, engine intake covers and a pitot cover. Don't forget to remove the pitot cover before flight or your airspeed indicator won't work!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ADF.jpg   ControlLock.jpg   GroundEquip.jpg  
    Martyn
    Just Flight Development Manager

Thanks Martyn!

I've recently been offered a ride in SX-ATK by Kyprianos and was amazed by its performance. Your rendition will certainly do it justice. Looking forward to it.

Here are a couple of screenshots showing the recently completed TB-10 variant. Differences compared to the TB-20 include a less powerful engine, fixed gear and wheel covers.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DEABM_small.jpg   FGTQF_small.jpg  
    Martyn

Looking Great Martyn

Nice!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

That looks very good! Is the release still scheduled for this month?

Greetings
    Tim
    Greetings
    Tim

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

Quote Originally Posted by Tim-HH View Post
    That looks very good! Is the release still scheduled for this month?

Greetings
    Tim
    Yes, that's still the intention
    Martyn

Do You have in plan any integration with other gauges/gps? Like for example with F1 GNT750?

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Do You have in plan any integration with other gauges/gps? Like for example with F1 GNT750?
    We'll certainly consider any suggestions. We opted not to integrate the GTN 750 as its size would have meant removing several of the existing radio units (GNC 255, KN 62 etc). The GTN 650 was a straight swap for the existing GNS 430 and both serve similar purposes (COM1/NAV1/GPS).
    Martyn

Our first promo video for the TB10/TB20. Not long to wait now

Martyn

Looks great Martyn! Looking forward to it.

It looks like really soon, crg btw!

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

The price is published and special offer:

http://www.justflight.com/product/tb...-tb20-trinidad

btw. Do You know which team worked on this model? It isn't look like model of AH or Hawk/Tornado/Canberra team but I might be wrong.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post

btw. Do You know which team worked on this model? It isn't look like model of AH or Hawk/Tornado/Canberra team but I might be wrong.
    Not AH, but I worked with the same team as I did on the Hawk/Tornado/Canberra. Don't know who did the actual modeling though.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Credits for modelling on the Canberra are to Mark Griffiths and Marc Siegal. A quick check in the JF Tristar manual shows Marc Siegal is credited for modelling. Don't have the Hawk and don't have the Tornado installed at the mo.

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Credits for modelling on the Canberra are to Mark Griffiths and Marc Siegal. A quick check in the JF Tristar manual shows Marc Siegal is credited for modelling. Don't have the Hawk and don't have the Tornado installed at the mo.

ATB
    DaveB
    Per manuals, modelling on both Hawk and Tornado done by Mark Griffiths.

Thanks - Rob

The very talented Mr Griffiths was indeed responsible for the Canberra, Tornado and Hawk modelling/texturing. The TB10/TB20 models were created for us by IDS (https://www.facebook.com/InnovativeDevelopmentStudios/) as Mark was busy working on other projects (although he has contributed numerous modifications and additions to the models). All of the coding and other work has been carried out by our in-house development team (i.e. me and Rich).
    Martyn

Great model, if it had the gtn 750 install I would buy it. As it is can't really afford another 60 bucks just for the gtn 650.

Released and downloading!
    Anneke

Quote Originally Posted by TeiscoDelRay View Post
    Great model, if it had the gtn 750 install I would buy it. As it is can't really afford another 60 bucks just for the gtn 650.
    We'll look into incorporating it.
    Martyn

Mmm just installed in P3Dv3 but the airplane is not visible in the game. ....
    Anneke

If someone will make a released thread, we'll stickie it.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    If someone will make a released thread, we'll stickie it.
    Roger, it was done, few hours earlier ; ) http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...TB-20-released .

Quote Originally Posted by Anneke View Post
    Mmm just installed in P3Dv3 but the airplane is not visible in the game. ....

Shows up in my install, P3Dv3.

Members who have read this thread: 1