Ai carriers update

Thread: Ai carriers update

Ai carriers update

For those who had issues with the Java version, a new one has being released that doesnt need Java anymore.

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/ind...?topic=11293.0

Enjoy
    Intel 4790K @ 4.8GHz , 16 Gig Cas 10 2100 MHz ram, Nvidia GTX 970, 4Gig Video, Windows 7 64 Bit, Gigabyte GA Z87X-UD3H

World is getting better and better!

That's good news! Will installer it later & runs some tests. The feedback I've read so far is excellent.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quick test in P3dv2 & all seems to work as advertised.

I want to make sure that I install this without messing up the data that I currently have in the various .cfg files.
    Having said that, Do I need to back up anything first before replacing the file contents with what is already in my
    AI Carriers folder?

Is the enclosed AI Carriers.exe different then the current one that uses Java? How about the aircarriers.cfg, replace that one too?
    Before I install this Javaless version, I'm tempted to just back it all up and then install this version and if I am missing formations
    in the new version then I could find my backups and cut and paste appropriately.

Quote Originally Posted by mjrhealth View Post
    For those who had issues with the Java version, a new one has being released that doesnt need Java anymore.

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/ind...?topic=11293.0

Enjoy
    aicarriers works just fine for me in its current iteration. does this new version add anything new? Otherwise, I'll just keep rockin along with what I have.

I think all i did was replace the EXE file worked fine. Cfg is the same.
    Intel 4790K @ 4.8GHz , 16 Gig Cas 10 2100 MHz ram, Nvidia GTX 970, 4Gig Video, Windows 7 64 Bit, Gigabyte GA Z87X-UD3H

Do you know if AI carriers will work in the fsxsteam version?

Quote Originally Posted by rayhere48 View Post
    Do you know if AI carriers will work in the fsxsteam version?
    On their website, it says yes.

EDIT: I ****.

Finally ran my tests, all is A-Ok!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Okay, I think I have installed the new Javaless AI Carriers. What I did was just copied the new AI Carriers.exe over to my old AI Carriers folder, run the new Aircarriers.exe and when I opened up FSXA,
    it asked me if I wanted to add the new module. When I was situated on another carrier I saw the AI carriers menu/drop down and noticed that all of the ships that were in my old
    aircarrers.cfg remained intact. So the benefit of doing all this is that Java is not needed or used in this version. I did also notice that there was a request position option in the AI Carriers
    drop down menu. Hope I did this all correctly.

Members who have read this thread: 1