Razbam Skyraiders Acceleration mods.

Thread: Razbam Skyraiders Acceleration mods.

Razbam Skyraiders Acceleration mods.

I've been looking for modifications to improve operating Razbam Skyraiders in FSX Acceleration to stop nosing over when trapping. Has anyone devised a fix for this please?

Quote Originally Posted by harrybasset View Post
    I've been looking for modifications to improve operating Razbam Skyraiders in FSX Acceleration to stop nosing over when trapping. Has anyone devised a fix for this please?
    Seems like not too long ago, there was a discussion on that and other Razbam Skyraider issues. Wish I remember were the thread here was.

I searched on here an found reference to a fix for Piglet's Skyraiders, I will try them.

I still have this blast from the past, and I've been flying it extensively. I use the prop from Piglets Skyraider and reworked the gunsight, wich is now transparant.
    The trapping is no problem after a few modifications:

[TailHook]
    tailhook_length=3
    tailhook_position = -22.74, 0.0, -0.62
    cable_force_adjust = 1.0

[WEIGHT_AND_BALANCE]
    empty_weight = 9042
    reference_datum_position = 0.0, 0, 0
    empty_weight_CG_position = -0.1, 0, 0

But there's one thing left that has to be done: making the catapulting of this plane more realistic.

[launch_assistance]
    launch_bar_pivot=1.03,0.0, -8.475
    launch_bar_lug=1.03,0.0, -8.475

I added a Launch assistance entry, but the plane gets far to much lift and almost climbs nose up vertically and then stalls.

Cees
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2015-10-19_6-19-52-996.jpg   2015-10-19_6-56-17-93.jpg  

Gunsight

Here's the gunsight. Just rename it to a .zip file if you get a .php!

Cees
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi Cees,

Thanks for the great gunsight mod. I can now see the carrier from the VC during approach.

A question please: is it possible to remove the circle in the middle of the "reticle" area? I think it represents the older telescope type gunsight used on the earlier versions of the AD. I'm delighted to get your present gunsight mod, but just want to see what is possible.

Incidentally, the "AD's" commonly launched without the catapult, as a deck launch was possible with normal wind across the deck.

Bill

This one is without the circle.....

Cees
    Attached Files Attached Files

This is just a question and not anything beyond that. . . .I had the Razbam Skyraider series and enjoyed it a lot but it became somewhat dated over time, at least I felt it did. Piglets Skyraider (IMHO) is a better model and all I did was take the sounds from the Razbam model and apply them to Piglets airplane. . .perfect. Why not just fly Piglets version?

I loved the Razbam skyraider series, but for me portover planes are something I very seldom use in FSX/P3D due to all the issues.

To answer your question Falcon; Piglet has only made the AD-6/7 Skyraider with a set loadout (yes they can be toggled on/off, but just one generic USN/USAF store configuration per model). The Razbam series more or less included every Skyraider model made with a good selection of different loadouts. Ron even custom made the "Tropic Moon" A-1E low light TV targeting pod for me back in the FS9 days.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

For a retired USN type, Piglets model is a USAF configuration. I really prefer the Razbam one. Now if we only had a repainter that could do the proper R3350 exhaust pattern (which has the Razbam outline, but bleeds inward to white) then I'd be even more satisfied. (photos are available on request. Hint). Incidentally, Cees latest gunsight is PERFECT, In the VC I can now even see the glass in the reticle. Question for everyone. My Razbam purchase was a long time ago - and I don't remember if there was a manual describing how to pull up what. If there was one - I can no longer find it. I have asked Razbam this questions several times, and as normal, get no answers). Anyone know - or have one??

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    This is just a question and not anything beyond that. . . .I had the Razbam Skyraider series and enjoyed it a lot but it became somewhat dated over time, at least I felt it did. Piglets Skyraider (IMHO) is a better model and all I did was take the sounds from the Razbam model and apply them to Piglets airplane. . .perfect. Why not just fly Piglets version?
    I like to tinker with the planes I fly. Piglets airplane is okay, out of the box. Razbams Skyraider needs some work. Guess that's what makes me tick, sometimes.

Cees

A-1E "Tropic moon". I sure miss the family wagon Skyraider

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Quote Originally Posted by Wings of Gold View Post
    For a retired USN type, Piglets model is a USAF configuration. I really prefer the Razbam one. Now if we only had a repainter that could do the proper R3350 exhaust pattern (which has the Razbam outline, but bleeds inward to white) then I'd be even more satisfied. (photos are available on request. Hint). Incidentally, Cees latest gunsight is PERFECT, In the VC I can now even see the glass in the reticle. Question for everyone. My Razbam purchase was a long time ago - and I don't remember if there was a manual describing how to pull up what. If there was one - I can no longer find it. I have asked Razbam this questions several times, and as normal, get no answers). Anyone know - or have one??

Bill
    Piglet did release a USN A-1H model beside the more commonly seen A-1J USN/VNAF model.

Regarding the exhaust pattern; The Skyraider is my all time favorite aircraft and I have over the years got a decent collection of books and pictures about the plane and the exhaust pattern and color seems to vary extensively from aircraft to aircraft over the years (but you are spot on that the blend to white is quite regular). The R3350 did burn oil...

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Hi JensOle,

I have something like 2,000 hours in the P-2 Neptune (R-3350's). Most of that time was in aircraft with Engine Gray nacelles. You could REALLY see where the exhaust gas discolored the Gray paint to a center portion that was a tan to white color. This was, however, less noticeable on Gull Gary fuselages / nacelles.

I'm still trying to find out if there was ever a Razbam manual (or perhaps a read-me) that listed the selection options.

Bill

I'm still trying to find out if there was ever a Razbam manual (or perhaps a read-me) that listed the selection options.

Bill
    Not that I'm aware of. I have both volumes for FS9 and FSX (Vol. 1 being a port-over), and neither have any manuals. There is a detailed list of what's available in Vol. 1 on the RAZBAM site, but none for Vol. 2.

I go back and forth between Piglet's and the RAZBAM Skyraider. I like Piglet's for the simplicity of one model and the ability to add/remove armament. On the other hand, I also like the RAZBAM collection for the different variations.

If I had a wish for a future FSX release it would be for a set of Skyraider variants with the ability to load/unload armament like you can with their Corsair II.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

wasting time

Hi JensOle,

I have something like 2,000 hours in the P-2 Neptune (R-3350's). Most of that time was in aircraft with Engine Gray nacelles. You could REALLY see where the exhaust gas discolored the Gray paint to a center portion that was a tan to white color. This was, however, less noticeable on Gull Gary fuselages / nacelles.

Bill
    Hey you should be flying an airship not a spad.

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Cees Donker View Post
    Here's the gunsight. Just rename it to a .zip file if you get a .php!

Cees
    This is great. Thanks for posting this.

For those of us who are not so experienced with this sort of thing, where would we need to place the file and what .cfg edits are required (if any)?

Oops!....never mind....I figured out it needed to replace the file of the same name in the AD-6 texture folder.
    Last edited by awstub; October 21st, 2015 at 19:45. Reason: updated information.

Just shows how quick one aircraft type is quickly forgotten , come to think ... WHERE THE BLOODY HELL IS TIM ! .. If I disappear for a few days I get half the country looking for me ... knocking on the door, phone calls .... Surely Tim cannot have a top secret hiding place and No one Knows who he is ! , come on boys time for a search party!

Members who have read this thread: 0