Alderney for £1!

Thread: Alderney for £1!

Alderney for £1!

The FSX version by Earth Simulations that is!

https://earthsimulations.com/product/alderney/

Plus there is still up to 50% off their other products.

Cheers

Paul

I think that's the best deal for an FSX addon I've ever seen!

Thanks for the HU, Paul. It's hard to pass up anything at that price. Just picked up ORBX England and the Aerosoft Lightning this weekend, too...so Alderney will fit in nicely with my recent UK spree. Gotta love the Christmas specials!
    -Mark

Nice! I presume you can also use it in prepar3d?
    Craig

Many thanks for the HU. I know I should have bought this beforehand, having had the Earth Simulations Isles of Scilly, but am glad that bought it this morning. Have been to Alderney a number of times in the past (172s and a Broussard), so been good to go back again. Very well done indeed and brings back a lot of memories!

Best wishes,

Martin

I just bought it. It was a hell of a job to download it, never had so many restrictions for a payware-download. Then I installed it (at least I hope I did), but have no idea where everything went, for I can't find it in my FSX-scenery nor in my addon-scenery, but when I choose it as my airport location the scenery is far from as nice as the screenshots in this thread, so something must be wrong. Suggestions welcome,

hertzie.

I just downloaded it from the site, let it install, fired up the sim and not changing anything, just selected Alderney as my home airport and away I went. Seem to remember having problems with the Isles of Scenery scenery in that couldn't run the Horizon VFR and the Earth Simulations scenery together. When took off from Lands End and got to St.Marys, the runway was in a kind of ravine.

Best thing to do is to email the support people at Earth Simulations, I'm sure they will be able to assist you with your problem.

Best wishes and Good Luck,

Martin

It took me a fairly long while to download -- their servers seemed to sit around 100 to 200 KB/s for me using their ESI software. When it finally did get installed, FSX would crash to desktop when loading my flight. It seems that my autogen files became corrupted, as the sim stopped crashing once I restored my backups. The support page says there are replacement files, but I was unable to find them. I'll probably try running the installer again and merging the autogen definitions on my own.

Edit: Here's a screenshot from a test flight (only using the default autogen files, though, so it may or may not be representative of the properly installed scenery):

Members who have read this thread: 2