Alpha Gripen - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alpha Gripen

I sent this guy an email today requesting he cease and desist uploading things that do not belong to him. We'll see if it does any good.

Here is his website address: http://www.fsxaddons.com/contact/

Quote Originally Posted by mal998 View Post
    I sent this guy an email today requesting he cease and desist uploading things that do not belong to him. We'll see if it does any good.

Don't go there his webpage has a long running script which crashed my IE.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Quote Originally Posted by WombRaider78 View Post
    He has quite a bit of work up on Simviation. I do not like his updates.

He's put more of the Rafale up: just a matter of time before Simviation and he discover the Wrath of the French...
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Quote Originally Posted by Naismith View Post
    Don't go there his webpage has a long running script which crashed my IE.
    Went there via Chrome...no issues.
    Looks like a D.I.Y. [private] site where he 'hosts' work by others but upped by himself....IE no-one probably gave him permission to distribute.
    Credit or not, that's copyright violation.

The appropriate DMCA is...

SAMPLE DMCA TAKE DOWN NOTICE
    My name is INSERT NAME and I am the INSERT TITLE of INSERT COMPANY NAME. A website that your company hosts (according to WHOIS information) is infringing on at least one copyright owned by my company.
    An article was copied onto your servers without permission. The original ARTICLE/PHOTO, to which we own the exclusive copyrights, can be found at:
    PROVIDE WEBSITE URL
    The unauthorized and infringing copy can be found at:
    PROVIDE WEBSITE URL
    This letter is official notification under Section 512(c) of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (”DMCA”), and I seek the removal of the aforementioned infringing material from your servers. I request that you immediately notify the infringer of this notice and inform them of their duty to remove the infringing material immediately, and notify them to cease any further posting of infringing material to your server in the future.
    Please also be advised that law requires you, as a service provider, to remove or disable access to the infringing materials upon receiving this notice. Under US law a service provider, such as yourself, enjoys immunity from a copyright lawsuit provided that you act with deliberate speed to investigate and rectify ongoing copyright infringement. If service providers do not investigate and remove or disable the infringing material this immunity is lost. Therefore, in order for you to remain immune from a copyright infringement action you will need to investigate and ultimately remove or otherwise disable the infringing material from your servers with all due speed should the direct infringer, your client, not comply immediately.
    I am providing this notice in good faith and with the reasonable belief that rights my company owns are being infringed. Under penalty of perjury I certify that the information contained in the notification is both true and accurate, and I have the authority to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright(s) involved.
    Should you wish to discuss this with me please contact me directly.
    Thank you.
    /s/YOUR NAME
    Address
    City, State Zip
    Phone

Quote Originally Posted by mal998 View Post

Mitch, Phil and I have discussed this in emails but the guy who has the fsxaddons website is not the guy uploading things. I don't understand how that assumption was made. He is just another site that blindly accepts uploads -- like flightsim.com, simviation.com, and others. So pounding on him is very misdirected. Following an email from mal998 and another from Phil however, he has removed all uploads from this Muhammad guy.

I have been in touch with flightsim.com and simviation about the problem. My last search showed no files on flightsim.com..

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Quote Originally Posted by JensOle View Post
    I have been in touch with flightsim.com and simviation about the problem. My last search showed no files on flightsim.com..
    They're all still up at Simviation, though. All 4 pages of them.

Dave

Members who have read this thread: 0