Cerasim UH60-L

Thread: Cerasim UH60-L

Cerasim UH60-L

I hang in the Prepar3D forum for the most, but considering this model is more compliant with FSX, some may like this one posted here in the FSX forum. http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...Cera-Sim-UH-60

Wow-- how timely...I was coming on here to post a question about my "new" (bought it last night from Flight Sim Store) Cera Sim UH-60L. I noticed the fuel consumption is ridiculous, and the aircraft can only be taxied in a straight line (no turning, even with the tail wheel unlocked). Then I discovered that Cera Sim released a patch that was supposed to fix these two items back on 4 September. The Cera Sim site says to go back and re-download the install file in order to get the latest patch. Well, since I only downloaded the installer last night, I would expect it to already contain the installer, so I have to believe:

1. What I downloaded included the patch, and fuel consumption STILL blows AND the tail wheel STILL doesn't work correctly...

or...

2. Flight Sim Store either never received or bothered to upload the new installers from Cera Sim (more likely in my mind).

Any thoughts about how to go about getting the patch? Other than that, great helicopter...just wish they would give us the option of the two external tank ESSS loadout as an option to play with too (and the option to delete the cheesy gunners and door guns)...but I don't see that happening.

Thanks,

Kent

I bought my model direct from Cera and got the update through them.
    The issue concerning the tail wheel is not evident for me after unlocking it on the overhead panel, although forward pressure is needed on the stick to get it to break free.

Even with the update I notice that it sucks fuel. Like a siphon hose is in the tanks!
    I accepted that it may be related to the model not being 100% compliant with P3Dv2.4
    Starting issues are also apparent.

I'm not sure what to tell you about getting the update. Best bet may be to contact Cera support direct with your order info.

I picked up all the Cera models I didn't have in a previous sale including the UH60. While the rear wheel doesn't visibly turn left or right.. it does steer when unlocked. I just tried it again to make sure Makes a nice RAF SAR helicopter..

With the side windows open.. you don't have to have the machine guns out. The gunner/s lean through as if they're looking at the deck.

ATB
    DaveB

Plenty of posts over at Hovercontrol on the Cera series of helos. I do recommend "kdfw's" HTR profile and general fixes for the H-60. For the fuel flow, depending on what you are doing, can range between 950-1150lbs, cruise is normally planned for 120kts.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

tail wheel animation and steering work fine. if using the htr model, be sure the check 'carrier landings' in the app window.

repaints and mods

http://www.hovercontrol.com/cgi-bin/...&y=16&bool=and

htr profile is at

http://www.hovercontrol.com/cgi-bin/...T;f=53;t=22894

yup, wish cera gave us external tank mdl...

Quote Originally Posted by kdfw View Post
    tail wheel animation and steering work fine. if using the htr model, be sure the check 'carrier landings' in the app window.

repaints and mods

http://www.hovercontrol.com/cgi-bin/...&y=16&bool=and

htr profile is at

http://www.hovercontrol.com/cgi-bin/...T;f=53;t=22894

yup, wish cera gave us external tank mdl...

It states to copy-paste the following to a file named "UH_60_L.cfg" and place in dynamics folder:

I don't have such a file. Yes I use the cera sim uh-60l.

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    It states to copy-paste the following to a file named "UH_60_L.cfg" and place in dynamics folder:

I don't have such a file. Yes I use the cera sim uh-60l.
    copy and paste the info he is sharing to a new text file, then save to the dynamics folder as UH_60_L.cfg

I just did this myself.

For changing the configuration in the .AIR file as he mentions you need this http://simviation.com/simviation/download.php?ID=5895

I changed the air file settings as mentioned after backing up the original and saved, then created the CFG file and placed in the dynamics folder. Once in sim and activating HTR, HTR connects and all appears to be fine. Once in the air, different scenario. The controls are not very responsive at all. I likely do not have some settings in HTR correct. KDFW?
    Last edited by OleBoy; November 16th, 2014 at 11:13.

Quote Originally Posted by OleBoy View Post
    copy and paste the info he is sharing to a new text file, then save to the dynamics folder as UH_60_L.cfg

I just did this myself.

For changing the configuration in the .AIR file as he mentions you need this http://simviation.com/simviation/download.php?ID=5895
    Thanks for the help. Now, are these corrections only for fs recorder issues? It looks to me that this maybe DNA if I don't use this helo in fs recorder.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by OleBoy View Post
    Once in the air, different scenario. The controls are not very responsive at all. I likely do not have some settings in HTR correct. KDFW?
    couple of things:

1. responsiveness can depend on your controller and its setting. you can set the htr's sensitivity settings to match your joystick length and play with the fsx sensitivity/null zone settings (i use min null, max sensitive).

2. uh60 is a large transport twin with huge rotor disk providing gyroscopic stability. couple this with afcs, it will not be like a 206 or 407. definitely agile but not twitchy. as mentioned in the hovercontrol post, the user is encouraged to tweak the 'autoStabilization' and 'dynamicStabilization' parameters in the file to best suit the HW controllers and sensitivity settings in FSX. htr allows on-the-fly tweaking (change parameter, click 'reload config') so it's quite easy to customize per user setup/preference.

it's quite responsive in my setup, for example:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RIxJfIQE0U

==important==
    do not activate 'htr panel active' in the app, it seems to interfere with the cera hyd system. in the free flight menu, select the uh60, open the htr app, uncheck 'htr panel active' then press 'fly now!' to load the aircraft.

==important==
    uh60 is equipped with afcs, control inputs are modulated by the automatics. as such, check autotrim 'cyclic' and 'pedals' in the htr app window. it will cruse at 120kts straight with minimal control inputs. For ground steering to work, check 'carrier landings.'

and yes, the .air file mod is if you want to replay your flight and be able to see the rotors spinning with dust up. now, who wouldn't want to watch cool tactical takeoff and landing replays???

Anyone still have this HTR profile they could send me? I try using the alphasim profile included with HTR but it locks up my cylic and shuts my hyrdo pumps off. Not sure whats going on.

Hello
    I think I have what you are looking for.Drop me a PM with an email address and I will send it.

Regards Paul Day.

Members who have read this thread: 10