DSR: DX10 Bliss at 1920x1080 - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DSR: DX10 Bliss at 1920x1080

Quote Originally Posted by Adamski_NZ View Post
    I tried that, but if I set FSX to my native resolution (1900 x 1200) and flip between full screen and windowed mode, nothing happens. Basically, DSR mode (currently 3x) doesn't kick in at all.

What am I doing wrong?

Adam.
    I don't know...I don't use the windowed mode at all. All I know is that if I set the DSR to 2.5 or 3x native, and I set FSX to that resolution- I have lower FPS...But if I then reduce the resolution in FSX to my monitors native resolution, I have very smooth, consistent FPS and performance... much better than if I don't use DSR at all and run
    native res. throughout
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

When you get back to your native res then you actually deactivate DSR. DSR is ''on'' only if you have selected the respective resolution in FSX i.e. for 3x it should be 3325x1871. Although activated in Nvidia control panel it is actually ''off'' when you set 1920x1080.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    When you get back to your native res then you actually deactivate DSR. DSR is ''on'' only if you have selected the respective resolution in FSX i.e. for 3x it should be 3325x1871. Although activated in Nvidia control panel it is actually ''off'' when you set 1920x1080.
    That's quite correct. I usually flip between native/non-DSR/windowed/1920x1200 to fullscreen/DSR/3325x1871 with no problem.

Heywoood seemed to be saying that the 3xDSR setting could somehow still be active even when in 1920 resolution - unless I read the post all wrong (wouldn't be the first time, LOL!).

Adam.
    XP11.50 | MSFS 2020
    Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3.40-4.69GHz | 8GB DDR3 | nVidia RTX2060 8GB | Win10 2004 64-bit 24Gb RAM

Quote Originally Posted by Adamski_NZ View Post
    That's quite correct. I usually flip between native/non-DSR/windowed/1920x1200 to fullscreen/DSR/3325x1871 with no problem.

Heywoood seemed to be saying that the 3xDSR setting could somehow still be active even when in 1920 resolution - unless I read the post all wrong (wouldn't be the first time, LOL!).

Adam.
    well if that were true - then wouldn't the desktop resolution revert to non DSR?
    my understanding is that with the DSR on and the FSX resolution reduced, its a matter of scaling, that allows the GPU to render frames with reduced effort
    enter..the Sandman

Here is a YT vid I received today from Hardware Canucks explaining DSR in depth.

https://youtu.be/sLXZxptHXuc

Hopefully some may find it useful
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Quote Originally Posted by Naismith View Post
    Here is a YT vid I received today from Hardware Canucks explaining DSR in depth.

https://youtu.be/sLXZxptHXuc

Hopefully some may find it useful
    I viewed it - and thank you for the link.

I have to stand by what I said before though - in my case..setting the Nvidia resolution multiplier to (2x) native - then setting the FSX resolution to my monitors real native of 1920x1080 gives me the best results.
    I have tried using the higher resolutions in FSX settings and just do not get the smoothness or rate of FPS that I do when running FSX at the lower number - but the image IS much better

in other words - if I leave all alone and run my monitor at its default resolution of 1920x1080 AND set FSX at 1920x1080 I have an image that is less defined and FPS that are less consistent, than if I double the monitors native resolution with the Nvidia control panel but leave FSX at 1920x1080

the only anomaly with this is that - on loading - the little loading bar is offset from the center of the screen and the mouse-look feature using the spacebar and mouse to pan the camera is also offset (no longer centered - but still functions with the exception that panning to the right of center is reduced) - but panning with the hat switch is unaffected...I do not use TrackIR
    enter..the Sandman

Members who have read this thread: 0