Deltasim LHD Wasp Class WIP

Thread: Deltasim LHD Wasp Class WIP

Deltasim LHD Wasp Class WIP

Holy crap, looks fantastic and I love me some detail, but 772 thousand polys so far, can't imagine performance not tanking. Since it is drivable, I wonder if half those polys are part of the 20 helicopters hidden below deck, just wondering.

http://deltasimstudio.com/lhd.htm
    Best, Michael

Well, he still gets 280 FPS with that boat on the screen
    The model sure looks amazing, to say the least (o_O')

Wow - somebody is definitely pushing the envelope here. I wonder if we can have tie downs / chocks set ??? and will we see sailors running around re-arming, fueling, etc??? I hope the animations are indiviually controlled so I can trigger them with SimConnect. The detail is absolutely fantastic. I cannot imagine the hours required to do this kind of meticulous work. Far, far beyond my patience.
    "Being good is not enough when you dream of being great"
    Author of NEUWUC family of programs

Quote Originally Posted by Wizard View Post
    Wow - somebody is definitely pushing the envelope here. I wonder if we can have tie downs / chocks set ??? and will we see sailors running around re-arming, fueling, etc??? I hope the animations are indiviually controlled so I can trigger them with SimConnect. The detail is absolutely fantastic. I cannot imagine the hours required to do this kind of meticulous work. Far, far beyond my patience.
    Seeing the poly count, it probably took less time than you think. Just modeling and actually having to think out your modeling plan and be as efficient as possible are two totally different things and the latter takes more time. I am betting that he could cut the mesh size in half and still have most of that detail. He has a modeling mindset and not a game/FS modeling mindset, 2 different things. If he is actually getting the FPS he shows in the images, he is living in an alternate reality, because once you add scenery, real weather and a high fidelity aircraft to that many polys, it won't be fun.

This is one I am working on for my scenery and was looking for some more reference images when i stumbled on the Deltasim site. I am struggling with poly count as i haven't even added the deck crew or helis on deck and i am already at 25K of polys, to high for a scenery object.

Best, Michael

Every time I see one of these very high frame rates I am reminded that no matter what the counter says in reality it can't be higher than the refresh rate of the monitor which is usually 60 hertz or maybe 120 hertz. Physics 101.

Best, Paul

LHD lights

Deltasim Studio is doing some amazing work on the lighting
    for its new LHD, worth taking a look.

http://www.deltasimstudio.com/lhd.htm

Yep been watching this since day 1. Looking forward to it.
    Be yourself by yourself, stay away from me

Pantera

Blog Entries
    That is truly impressive work! WOW
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

deck liighting

another picture

beauty - bring it on says me - I'll just park it in the middle of the Pacific and watch it float
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Looks awesome! A proper platform for my F-35B (which is being updated) and a much needed addition to FSX... anyway the polycount is a concern.
    Hopefully there will be a way to make it lighter... otherwise it will be difficult to handle for many computers (especially in conjuction with complex aicrafts)...

Having been working on similar projects and knowing the limitations of FS I will be curious to see this actually WORK in FS...... but it looks nice ;-)
    François A. 'Navman' Dumas
    Retired - FSAddon Publishing
    Umbria, Italy

https://fssupport.com/fsblog/

I believe Deltasim specialize in watercraft as a ship simulator sort of thing within the FS environment, so the poly count isn't too bad when you place it in context of what is being produced.

thanks
    Lewis

PS, am I the only one who comes close to shedding a tear after seeing PutPut's post in this old thread?

I have a few freeware DeltaSim models plus the payware Graf Spee, KGV and Elco PT boat. Only the Elco comes with an AI version which is a bit of an issue as neither the Graf Spee or KGV behave well as AI (turrets skewiff and barrels at jaunty angles!). Hopefully.. the Wasp LHD will come with an AI version.

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis-A2A View Post
    I believe Deltasim specialize in watercraft as a ship simulator sort of thing within the FS environment, so the poly count isn't too bad when you place it in context of what is being produced.

thanks
    Lewis

PS, am I the only one who comes close to shedding a tear after seeing PutPut's post in this old thread?
    I feel the same way Lewis.

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Members who have read this thread: 1