New Freeware release: MS 733 Alcyon
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Freeware release: MS 733 Alcyon

New Freeware release: MS 733 Alcyon

Nuova release freware, MS 733 Alcyon, on site RFN-Avions-Vc full animated and cliccable.very nice
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Alcyon_MS733_01.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	32.3 KB 
ID:	9271

Just downloaded and flew it. Very nice indeed!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Looks great!
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Thanks for the heads up! Will check this one out for sure.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    What a nice surprise!

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    And a link for those with problems finding the site:

http://royalefrenchnavy.perso.sfr.fr/RFN-Avions.htm
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Members +
    Blog Entries
    What a cool aircraft model. The Kingfisher looks tough, bulky, and much larger than it is. It seems short of puff on a 85 deg day.
    I noted the prop section of the aircraft config has the prop listed as a 2 bladed unit, not the 3 bladed unit. So. Replace the prop section with this:

[propeller]
    propeller_type= 0 // 0 = Constant Speed 1 = Fixed Pitch
    propeller_diameter= 6.50000
    propeller_blades= 3
    propeller_moi= 7.18073 //10.40141
    beta_max= 35 //32
    beta_min= 16.5
    min_gov_rpm= 600.00000
    prop_tc= 0.01000
    gear_reduction_ratio= 1.0
    fixed_pitch_beta= 0.00000
    low_speed_theory_limit= 80
    prop_sync_available= 0
    prop_deice_available= 0
    prop_feathering_available= 0
    prop_auto_feathering_available= 0
    min_rpm_for_feather= 0.00000
    beta_feather= 0.000
    power_absorbed_cf= 0.0000
    defeathering_accumulators_available= 0
    prop_reverse_available= 0
    minimum_on_ground_beta= 0.00000
    minimum_reverse_beta= 0.00000
    thrust_scalar= 1.00000
    rotation = 1

I also opted to have the MS.735's engine installed, the Potez 6D.30 with supercharging, giving 304hp. So use a big boot full of right rudder.

Just back up your config, and replace with the enclosed config, which updates the prop, changes the engine to the supercharged
    304hp 6D.30, and adds differential braking, and Banana Bob's Hartzel prop texture.

Attachment 9299

The zip file: Attachment 9300

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    Just downloaded and flew it. Very nice indeed!
    Where did you download it from? I can't find a link to it.

NEVER MIND... found it.

Quote Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
    What a cool aircraft model. <snip>

I also opted to have the MS.735's engine installed, the Potez 6D.30 with supercharging, giving 304hp. So use a big boot full of right rudder.
    Hey this is fun! I loaded the lower powered model and had trouble getting it off my Sierra hideaway field but with the 304hp Potez it really scoots. I did find the rudder trim and dial in about 38% rt rudder for TO. There isn't enough rudder authority without it. Really cool and different aircraft. Lots of roll authority. Is that what a Chipmunk feels like??

Obie

What a cool aircraft model. The Kingfisher looks tough, bulky, and much larger than it is. It seems short of puff on a 85 deg day.
    I noted the prop section of the aircraft config has the prop listed as a 2 bladed unit, not the 3 bladed unit. So. Replace the prop section with this:

[propeller]
    propeller_blades= 3
    beta_max= 35 //32
    beta_min= 16.5
    min_gov_rpm= 600.00000
    prop_tc= 0.01000
    prop_sync_available= 0
    prop_deice_available= 0
    beta_feather= 0.000
    thrust_scalar= 1.00000
    rotation = 1

Just back up your config, and replace with the enclosed config, which updates the prop, changes the engine to the supercharged
    304hp 6D.30, and adds differential braking, and Banana Bob's Hartzel prop texture.

Attachment 9299

Thanks so much for the mods Lazarus ... funny , I was working on a better prop blur option last night ... The Banana Bob version is perfect ! Thanks !!! Mike

Members +
    Blog Entries
    That 64 horse and 3 bladed prop make a huge difference, glad it works. You still have to work at aerobatics, but you can do them. One of the big pluses FSX has over FS9 is editing the config file- most parameters can be diddled from the config file rather than the air file. which has only a few sim related figures applicable to FSX. Aircraft geometry, systems, engine ect is all in the config file. makes tuning much easier. I think the prop listing glitch was just finger trouble, though I do note the Aeronavale's machines all had a 2 bladed (a Ratier. lost my question mark! &%$#@&É spanglish keyboard!) unit that looks broader in chord, maybe in diameter. Even the 3 bladed prop entry with the 240 hp makes a big difference.
    And a big tip O the hat to banana Bob- we miss you Bob- there is a pack of prop and rotor textures he did in the library- though the search function is a bit maddening- find that and put in on a CD, thats an essential file

[propeller]
    propeller_blades= 3
    beta_max= 35 //32
    beta_min= 16.5
    min_gov_rpm= 600.00000
    prop_tc= 0.01000
    prop_sync_available= 0
    prop_deice_available= 0
    beta_feather= 0.000
    thrust_scalar= 1.00000
    rotation = 1

Attachment 9299

Hello,

The parameters of the original flight dynamic model were choosen to give, for the virtual pilot, the sense of an underpowered airplane which is one of the characteristics of the real MS 733 Alcyon.

However your modifications will be useful for the virtual pilot who may have difficultaies to fly the model. Thank for your contribution.

Have a good day

Benoit
    ALPHA BLEU CIEL Gmax Ac RESTAURAVIA Royale French Navy

English checklist for Alcyon 733

I have cobbled together a rough translation of the Alcyon MS733 checklist into English for those interested. Apologies to our French friends as my command of their language is very poor. Please feel free to revise and post a better version.

Obie

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=-8&tabid=446

Nice aircraft. flipped it on first take off. Crosswind. Only issue I have is the Take off lights dont seem to appear. All the other lights are fine ??
    Intel 4790K @ 4.8GHz , 16 Gig Cas 10 2100 MHz ram, Nvidia GTX 970, 4Gig Video, Windows 7 64 Bit, Gigabyte GA Z87X-UD3H

Members +
    Blog Entries
    OK.done. Adios

Blog Entries
    I'm trying to d/l the prop texture/air that Laz posted - the link is inactive. Anyone still have this?

Laz's last post sounds ominous - hope I'm mis-reading it. Laz - hope you're ok ...

Anyway - looks like a lovely bird, would like to fly tonight, and the prop texture would be nice, and perhaps the engine mod too.

thanks,

dl
    Last edited by delta_lima; June 16th, 2014 at 10:34. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Obie311 View Post
    I have cobbled together a rough translation of the Alcyon MS733 checklist into English for those interested. Apologies to our French friends as my command of their language is very poor. Please feel free to revise and post a better version.

Obie

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=-8&tabid=446
    Hello,

Thank for this checklist. This will help many virtual pilots. However I have some suggestions of change:

change
    Landing Gear Control r Control SORTI
    for
    Landing gear lever DOWN

change
    Landing Gear Control SORTI, TWO GREEN LAMPS
    for
    Landing Gear lever DOWN, TWO GREEN LAMPS

change
    Mixture LOWERED
    for
    Mixture lever Full down (full rich)

change
    Turn Coordinator CHECK CORNERING
    for
    Turn Coordinator check during turn on grond

change
    Handle CHECKED & CENTERED
    for
    Stick CHECKED & CENTERED

change
    Mixture FULL LEAN
    for
    Mixture lever Full Up (cut off)

I hope it may help some virtual pillots.

Have a good day

Benoit

Quote Originally Posted by mjrhealth View Post
    Nice aircraft. flipped it on first take off. Crosswind. Only issue I have is the Take off lights dont seem to appear. All the other lights are fine ??
    Hello,

The landing lights are working on my computer. The lights appear not so brightt on the wing, but during the night we can see the lights on the runway il you activate the landing lights switch on the left side of the VC.

But if you prefer to have bright lights on the wing you may modify the [lights] section of the aircraft.cfg file. Make a safeguard copy of the original file before editing it.

Replace the original [lights] section by the following

[lights]
    //Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing, 10=cabin
    light.6=10, -0.00, 0.00, 1.0, fx_vclight

light.7=5, 1.15, -12.00, 0.90, fx_landing
    light.8=5, 1.15, 12.00, 0.90, fx_landing

Have a good day

Benoit

Quote Originally Posted by bmd View Post
    Hello,

Thank for this checklist. This will help many virtual pilots. However I have some suggestions of change:

<snip>

I hope it may help some virtual pillots.

Have a good day

Benoit
    I have incorporated these changes into the revised checklist in the library and deleted the previous one.

Merci beaucoup Benoit</snip>
    Last edited by Obie311; June 16th, 2014 at 18:44.

Thanks for the lights fix. nice to see they are on. Tried to add shockwave lights but only right shows and it dissapears depending on view. Will stick to your fix.

Hmm after a look. it wasnt teh shockwave light i was seeing but the modeled ones. From a certain view you can see them but they appear to be far back in the wing as you can see the glow under the wing. At a certain view you can see the left but not right one.

TA
    Intel 4790K @ 4.8GHz , 16 Gig Cas 10 2100 MHz ram, Nvidia GTX 970, 4Gig Video, Windows 7 64 Bit, Gigabyte GA Z87X-UD3H

Could somebody please PM me Lazarus's modified CFG with the supercharged Potez engine, link is dead.

Thanks,
    Al

rudder authority

I'm running Lazarus' cfg. How do you keep it from swerving off the runway. I can't believe a 304hp engine could have this much torque! I have dialed in 35-45% right rudder trim and still it's a handful. I have increased rudder effectiveness to 1.3 but I haven't flown it since. Any tips from any virtual pilots having some success taking off in this interesting airplane?

Obie

My Bf-109 experience in IL-2 suggests using 50-70% throttle to get up to a speed where the rudder becomes effective and then steadily adding power until the unstick speed is achieved.

Could who ever has the updated horsepower cfg plase repost, it seems to be Invalid. And I would love to have PLEASE!!!
    Marvin Carter
    No matter how hard you try, you can't baptize cats.

Members who have read this thread: 10