Cessna U206G Soloy Mark I Turbine Conversion project - Page 13
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 35678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Cessna U206G Soloy Mark I Turbine Conversion project

Yeah, I mean, just one version of this plane would be incredible. But all of the variants/details that can be changed and chosen make this release that much more amazing. That Tundra version looks really cool, IMHO. Thanks for the update Thomas.

They ALL look GREAT!!!! This has been really cool watching you build this in the forum. THANK YOU for your time and talents.

Don

I have been anticipating this since you first started. Now I'm so excited I can barely stand it! Thank you sooooo very much for your hard work, dedication, and most of all your generosity Thomas! What a wonderful gift this will be to the community!

Cheers!!!
    ~Justin

"I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things . . ." — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Quote Originally Posted by TiAr View Post

My plan is to release the Soloys as freeware on www.flightport.de and here on SOH.

Thank you all for your patience...

Always three greens

Thomas
    Simply, can't wait and THX !
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Great news!
    Thank you very much Thomas. The Soloy is a piece of art.

It's been an honour to watch this great piece of work develop over the last 2 years
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Quote Originally Posted by TiAr View Post
    There are the last two pictures of WIP Soloy Mark 1...

Skydive Bigwheel D-ENJB, which shows possible repaints...

Thomas
    Looking amazing - look forward to the eventual release!
    "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses". - Elwood
    Learn more about the mission of the Collings Foundation here - www.collingsfoundation.org
    Collings Foundation Facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/collings.foundation

Release Candidates are finished, will go to the testers the days. Working hard on manuals and the last issue of all models with displaying landing and taxi lights on ground. I am looking forward to the responses of beta testers.

Perhaps a further repaint, it shows a fictitious Air Tanker Birddog in Canada.

Thomas

Great news!!! I hope the beta tests are bug-free and smooth. Beautiful work!
    --Brian

Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid.

A Buffalo Amphib? Seriously? Brilliant! Really looking forward to this release and enjoying this exceptional effort.

They are using one - its the Cessna C-FUPT, an Amphib Cessna 185 Skywagon, it seems that registration is cancelled actually. I do not know the story behind.

Thomas

Wunderbar Thomas.
    Will you release the paintkit too with the Soloys, or it will be released later?

The Repaintkit is ready. No need to release it later. We will see!

I can't wait! This is going to be super awesome!

Testing coming along?
    Anneke

Yes Anneke,

most of my last working on brightness of avionics displays - they were too dark. Solved it. Now you can decide, if background lighting of the displays is active or not. Unindipendent of cabin lights. A great choice.
    Second, I fixed the gear lever. You can handle it now with the mouse, too. Before it was only possible with keyboard.
    And now you can hide both yokes. Flaps handling with mouse is much easier now.

Airfiles should be ok now. It brings you the right power in all load conditions, if you fly in green engines sectors.

Freeware Garmins with backlights.

F1 GTNs with backlights.

Freeware KLN90B without backlights.

RXP Garmins without backlights.

Thomas

Wow!!!
    I've been following this thread for a while now and I have to say, this is truly amazing work!!
    Fantastic job! Can't wait for the release!!

Greg Z

So awesome! Great work (again) Thomas.

Great work, Thomas, congrats!

But before release...please check your horizontal stabilizer. Seems very thin, compared to the real one. See on the attached picture.

Rgds,
    zlin

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails u206g.jpg  

Zlin, you are right - will be fixed in release.

Many thanks
    Thomas

Guys please stop pointing to presumed errors. Thomas is a perfectionist. It will postpone release even further....
    Anneke

Any news (about release). I'm really looking forward to flying the Soloy.
    Anneke

"The thickness of the tail don't amount to a hill of beans in this crazy world."

Hanger doors are open for this outstanding U206G Soloy.

Members who have read this thread: 6