L-16 Sea Duck by Allen!

Thread: L-16 Sea Duck by Allen!

Icon22 L-16 Sea Duck by Allen!

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - Other

Description: Conwing L-16 (a mix of the Fairchild C-82 and the Grumman HU-16) from the cartoon "TaleSpin". Not 100% accurate to what was seen but not practical to make it as shown in the cartoon.

Fully animated parts. Breaking parts plus damage texture logics as well. Model is Multi LOD with working virtual cockpit. Comes with 2 textures (Yellow and Red from "TaleSpin" and US Navy) Skin template is included in the textue folder for your painting pleasure. You will need a program that can read .PSD to use them.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit L-16 Sea Duck.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Icon22 Reply...

Allen,

Many thanks, this will be great for exploring seaplane bases!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Quote Originally Posted by Rami View Post
    Allen,

Many thanks, this will be great for exploring seaplane bases!
    or blowing them up with bombs and rockets.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

A Duck to play in water with , Thanks Allen ,

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category CFS 2 Aircraft - Other

Description: Conwing L-16 (a mix of the Fairchild C-82 and the Grumman HU-16) from the cartoon "TaleSpin". Not 100% accurate to what was seen but not practical to make it as shown in the cartoon.

Fully animated parts. Breaking parts plus damage texture logics as well. Model is Multi LOD with working virtual cockpit. Comes with 2 textures (Yellow and Red from "TaleSpin" and US Navy) Skin template is included in the textue folder for your painting pleasure. You will need a program that can read .PSD to use them.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit L-16 Sea Duck.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

sorry for reviveing but is this for FSX and how do you get it to work it wont show up for me?
    \

Quote Originally Posted by rickybennett86 View Post
    sorry for reviveing but is this for FSX and how do you get it to work it wont show up for me?
    \
    It is for CFS2. It won't show up in FSX since its sound file is aliased to CFS2's stock F4F Wildcat.

Awesome! Don't forget to keep an eye out for Don Karnage!

Quote Originally Posted by Roxane-21 View Post
    It is for CFS2. It won't show up in FSX since its sound file is aliased to CFS2's stock F4F Wildcat.

will shoot. its the only one i found that looks right. i found another buts its not the same plane or style. is there a way for someone to get it to work in fsx ?.

I don't know FSX but you may be able to just take the sound folder from a stock FSX aircraft and copy it to the L16_SEA_DUCK folder if the prob is sound related.

I don't know FSX but you may be able to just take the sound folder from a stock FSX aircraft and copy it to the L16_SEA_DUCK folder if the prob is sound related.
    fsx dont seem to have the Conwing L-16. cant find an add on ether

not sure what i did different but now the l-16 is trying to show up. but still not working as when i try to start the flight it crashes. and when i click on it. it throws error messages.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN1779_zpso7agjb69.jpg   DSCN1780_zpsys8qm9w6.jpg   DSCN1783_zps3oabjt6j.jpg  

get with Allen and a fsx modeller. i'm sure Allen wouldn't mind sharing the source file so it can be updated.

the message you are getting means you need to give it a fsx panel and gauge set.
    "Courage is the discovery that you may not win, and trying when you know you can lose."-Tom Krause

My works Here: http://www.thefreeflightsite.com/JFortin.htm

Quote Originally Posted by rickybennett86 View Post
    not sure what i did different but now the l-16 is trying to show up. but still not working as when i try to start the flight it crashes. and when i click on it. it throws error messages.

Looks like FSX dosen't like the model from CFS2. Below I'm attaching a FS2004 model made using the FS2004 Gmax SDK. It may work. I'm not sure as I don't have FSX.

Attachment 59877

If the above doesn't work you will need some one that has the FSX Gmax SDK to edit the source gMax file I will be uploading to the main Library next.

As for the GMiller_Sound error I think it is from gauge03=New-rww2-millersong, 115,41,21,36 found in the panel.cfg. You can open the panel.cfg with notepad or wordpad and find gauge03=New-rww2-millersong, 115,41,21,36 and remove it. May need to do the same for New-rww2-millersong.gau as well that you installed.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood_Hawk23 View Post
    get with Allen and a fsx modeller. i'm sure Allen wouldn't mind sharing the source file so it can be updated.

the message you are getting means you need to give it a fsx panel and gauge set.
    Not going to be easy. XP has been dead for some time but looks like it is on by Ext. HDD. Will be uploading it to the main Lib.

Hi Allen
    You gotta 'luv a duck'.
    Nice work.
    Cheers
    Stuart

Thanks!

Quite odd to see this 4 year old thread get bumped...

Looks like FSX dosen't like the model from CFS2. Below I'm attaching a FS2004 model made using the FS2004 Gmax SDK. It may work. I'm not sure as I don't have FSX.

Attachment 59877

If the above doesn't work you will need some one that has the FSX Gmax SDK to edit the source gMax file I will be uploading to the main Library next.

As for the GMiller_Sound error I think it is from gauge03=New-rww2-millersong, 115,41,21,36 found in the panel.cfg. You can open the panel.cfg with notepad or wordpad and find gauge03=New-rww2-millersong, 115,41,21,36 and remove it. May need to do the same for New-rww2-millersong.gau as well that you installed. if they dont show i tryed to upload screen shots

Not going to be easy. XP has been dead for some time but looks like it is on by Ext. HDD. Will be uploading it to the main Lib.

sorry for the long wait kinda for got. but i downloaded and replaced that file. and deleted gauge03=New-rww2-millersong, 115,41,21,36. cant find the other. but it kinda worked it loads the sea duck. problem is its not showing non of the engine controls. and there for it wont let me start the engines. what should i do or try next ? oh and thanks for the reply and help.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails download (2).png   download.png   download (1).png  

This is more of a conversion problem I think. It would be best to ask the FSX guys how there 3d/VC panels are set up.

Ctrl e will fire and start the engens. Sound was not working so I just copied some sound files from another in to the l16 folder and that gave it sound. With engines on and full throttle it will move down the runway. But will not take off it will point up to left off the ground but that’s it. She is a grounded duck.

Oh also I can import controls from other planes and they kinda work exsept when it comes to the starter switch’s they try but then they switch back by them selfs be for the engens start. Some of the other planes gages work to. Figure them out and it may work. Biggest part is the grounded duck part.

Many of the gauges man not work in FSX and they are made from the FS2000 SDK. No idea if CFS2 gauges where used in FSX as well. Take off speed in CFS2 is 90 MPH True on land and 120 MPH True on water.

I think FSX is like FS04 and will take data from the .air file and place it into the aircraft.cfg so you can edit things like engines and wings.

If you not able to get up to speed I would go and pull the engine and prop data from a FSX F4F Wildcat aircraft.cfg as that is the engines and props that I'm using in CFS2. If you have a lack of lift you can mess with the cruise_lift_scalar or the wing it self.

Members who have read this thread: 15