Lockheed S-3 Viking - The Sequel Thread - Page 6
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Lockheed S-3 Viking - The Sequel Thread

Launch Bar Issues

When I taxi the S-3 over the cat shuttle, (Red Arrow) and extend the launch bar, the plane will bonce back to position shown in yellow circle. Looks like the launch bar assistance is baked into the mdl, Yes?

Attachment 9166

Can't seem to get the weapons loader to change....any tips?

You have to click on the aircraft at the top if you want to clear things out if you load something and want it removed.

HIH

-Jeff
    I pass gas!

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    When I taxi the S-3 over the cat shuttle, (Red Arrow) and extend the launch bar, the plane will bonce back to position shown in yellow circle. Looks like the launch bar assistance is baked into the mdl, Yes?
    Correct. There is no [launch_assistance] section in the aircraft.cfg so it is hard coded. Would be nice if adding one would overwrite the default.

I don't know if it is worth trying to fix because the zone (for triggering Takeoff Assist) and placement of the shuttle, if even present, will vary from ship model to ship model. Using the same aircraft I'm sure the shuttle on the Nimitz doesn't hit the same as the one on the Enterprise, the CDG, or any other carrier.

I do like that the launch bar must be raised before the gear can be retracted. That's where checklists come in handy.

Quote Originally Posted by ce_zeta View Post
    Very impressive work Dino!.

Someone can post approach and landing speeds? and Flaps and landing gear maximum speeds?T
    Thx
    Have you looked at the kneeboard Reference Notes? Unless it is just filler at this point, it is all there.

Actually just found a bug. The lines in the aircraft.cfg file for checklist and reference don't match the file names. Rather than edit all of the [Fltsim.x] sections just rename the two files in the aircraft folder.

"s3_check.htm" should be "s3b_check.htm" and
    "s3_ref.htm" should be "s3b_ref.htm"

I'll post a note on the blog.

Quote Originally Posted by ST0RM View Post
    You have to click on the aircraft at the top if you want to clear things out if you load something and want it removed.

HIH

-Jeff
    still not working......hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawka4m View Post
    still not working......hmmm
    I think you need the TacPak installed. Mine does not work either, but I don't have TacPak.

I'm not noticing any Chaff or Flares being dispensed, despite the tacpack cfg file showing dispensers with 30 of something.

Was this an oversight?

As a side note, are the tacpack flare effects part of tacpack or part of the 3rd party add-on itself?

Jeff
    I pass gas!

I thought I had seen Dino mention that this version of the beta wouldn't have those features

Quote Originally Posted by ST0RM View Post
    I'm not noticing any Chaff or Flares being dispensed, despite the tacpack cfg file showing dispensers with 30 of something.

Was this an oversight?

As a side note, are the tacpack flare effects part of tacpack or part of the 3rd party add-on itself?

Jeff
    This from Dino's Blog:
    This version was not meant to have any Tacpack functionality, but given that some are already in place I left them in. Basically, the weapon configurator should work, and you can fire rockets and dumb bombs. AGM-84 missiles will not work, nor will the refuel pod, chaffs and flares. NOTE: FILES ARE *NOT* SIGNED: will not be possible to fly in multiplayer if the server cheat control is active.

Thanks guys. Must have missed that. I appreciate the point out.

-Jeff
    I pass gas!

Another VS-41 variation.

Russ
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails VS-41E.jpg  
    Many may fly and some are rewarded
    handsomely, but the wings of gold of a
    United States Naval Aviator mean more
    than flying. It is dearly bought, requires
    sacrifice to keep and represents a way of life.

Icon22 great job

Hello,
    I have test the SB3 with only FSX and Acceleration and it's seems to be great and without major defaults. I don't have tacpack or P3D so i can't say anything for them but with FSX Acce good job and beautifull aircraft, That 's all!!
    Thank's a lot Mister Cattanéo
    PS: Excuse me for my english I'm a froogy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rsgunner View Post
    Another VS-41 variation.

Russ
    Russell, I look forward to that one ... will be on it like ants at a picnic - looks superb!

DL

I'm hoping this repaint will be made. It was available for the old IRIS/DSB Viking, but this new Viking is ages better.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	48053_retro_profiles.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	48.8 KB 
ID:	9216
    I pass gas!

This thing is amazing! Thank you Dino... this was for me, your most anticipated project ever.

Viking by airattackimages, on Flickr

Thanks for releasing the beta of this Dino. It is up to the exceptionally high standards we have become accustomed to with your work. Only had time for a quick spin but lovin it. Looking forward to having a bit more time to do some flying.

Matt

slightly reworked the vc textures to match the photos on the web:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s3-1.jpg 
Size:	62.9 KB 
ID:	9240Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s3-2.jpg 
Size:	77.6 KB 
ID:	9241Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s3-3.jpg 
Size:	80.5 KB 
ID:	9242

i can upload here or send them to Dino (if interested).

Yes please!!!
    Marvin Carter
    No matter how hard you try, you can't baptize cats.

-Yes,me too! )

Alain
    _

Guys, please keep in mind this is a Beta. Texture layout may change (and it will - a little- in the cockpit)...

Quote Originally Posted by airattackimages View Post
    I thought I had seen Dino mention that this version of the beta wouldn't have those features

damn! bummer!

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Cattaneo View Post
    Guys, please keep in mind this is a Beta. Texture layout may change (and it will - a little- in the cockpit)...
    Wow... For a beta she sure has character written all over her and the worn interior you have done is Perfect

I got her a little late in the week but as Billy Crystal says "she looks mavelous"

Thank you Sir

DB

Members +
    Blog Entries
    Really, really nice Dino! For a beta-wow!
    I spotted a small glitch in the external model. Fold the tail, and watch the anti-collision beacon. Wups. One for the glitch list.
    Damned little wrong, lots to love. I can finally send the old Iris Hoover to the boneyard file.

Here are 2 images of a LoViz VS-38. It is my plan to release all my efforts when the beta is over. There may need to be some fine tuning of the textures after changes are made to the model.

Russ
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails VS-38A.jpg   VS-38B.jpg  
    Many may fly and some are rewarded
    handsomely, but the wings of gold of a
    United States Naval Aviator mean more
    than flying. It is dearly bought, requires
    sacrifice to keep and represents a way of life.

Members who have read this thread: 37