NVIDIA drivers

Thread: NVIDIA drivers

NVIDIA drivers

A heads up.

Some new drivers released by NVIDIA; 332,21 WHQL

http://www.nvidia.com/download/drive...px/71704/en-us

VCN-1

Thank you. I had auto update turned off.

Scrolling through their forums I see several posts about Prepar3D. What I didn't notice was anything specific where the moderators had replied back. Without checking post by post, has anyone seen any comments or concern by them?

With the new 332.21 drivers I have notice that my problem with building and resolution has disappeared. Before I had to change resolution down and then back up to get rid of the black boxes. This problem has disappeared. Both FSX and P3D v2 are smooth as silk with the NVidia GTX 780. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by stovall; January 7th, 2014 at 18:10.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

I still have the issue with tree textures. Short of that I notice no differences. Of course I have a GTX570. I don't expect dramatic changes beyond it's capacity.

I have a GTX580 and still experience the texture issues with trees, etc.

I would like to upgrade to the latest Nvidia card but it takes a new computer/MB to handle the new cards.

VCN-1

I need to change my statement that the texture problem with buildings was cured by the new drivers. I didn't notice the problem one time but the same issue seems to have returned. One must change resolution once to get the objects to display properly. Lockheed Martin knows of the issue and it on the fix list for the first patch. Hopefully soon.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    I have been hearing bad stories... GTX660 2Gig (which I have) with my computer (Alienware X51) have been crashing (complete reboot) and it appears to possibly be heating issues. One was a driver by NVidia which wouldn't raise the fan RPM over 30%. (It should get to 100% when the temps approach max limit). Mine was found to be heating up pretty good. I downloaded the EVGA custom tuning program and upped the RPM ranges for the GPU fan.

I fear to try another update, lol... :S
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

I haven't had any complete crashes as yet, but this is cause for some concern on my part also since I have a GTX 650Ti 2gig. I don't have anything to monitor temps or fan speeds though. Any suggestions on a good utility for that?

I hate to refer back to the great blowhard, but this should help with fan control. The utility will work with cards other than MSI;

http://www.simforums.com/forums/driv...opic36586.html

And not that it matters, unless a driver release specifies some changes for the application of my interest (ie P3D2) I am not big on changing drivers just for the sake of change. Over the years I have just noticed a lot of people having problems after a video card driver change. I like my system as a "set it and forget it" operation.

Quote Originally Posted by Meshman View Post
    . . . . .And not that it matters, unless a driver release specifies some changes for the application of my interest (ie P3D2) I am not big on changing drivers just for the sake of change. Over the years I have just noticed a lot of people having problems after a video card driver change. I like my system as a "set it and forget it" operation.
    Yea, I've always thought, why bother, when it comes to updating with every revision. I don't believe I've ever seen one that had anything to do with Flight Sim. LM seems pretty adamant about being sure that video card drivers are updated with the latest releases though, so for P3D I've been doing that without any problems thus far. Thanks for the HU on Afterburner.

I have been using the nVidia Inspector program to monitor GPU Temps and Fan Speeds ever since I installed the new GTX770...

Under the heaviest load I can run, the max GPU temp I've seen is ~58ºC with 52% fan speed.
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Nice performance, Bill! Very nice...
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

I'm sure I'm not running the high end settings you are, but even in a rainy situation in Orbx Northern Rockies and heavy clouds, autogen sliders at very dense, Lighting and shadow settings at midrange. . .GPU temp stayed around 56C and fan speed matched that through a 1hour session flying online in the SOH server.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    I have been hearing bad stories... GTX660 2Gig (which I have) with my computer (Alienware X51) have been crashing (complete reboot) and it appears to possibly be heating issues. One was a driver by NVidia which wouldn't raise the fan RPM over 30%. (It should get to 100% when the temps approach max limit). Mine was found to be heating up pretty good. I downloaded the EVGA custom tuning program and upped the RPM ranges for the GPU fan.

I fear to try another update, lol... :S
    Yes, I have exactly the same problem with my GTX660. Sad that Nvidia is not able to fix these dreadful TDR errors.

I think I will switch back to Win8.0. Never had any problems before I installed the Win8.1 update.

Greetings
    Tim
    Greetings
    Tim

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

Does anyone know if this new driver fixes nVidia 3D Vision with P3D2 (which currently isn't working)?

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    I haven't had any complete crashes as yet, but this is cause for some concern on my part also since I have a GTX 650Ti 2gig. I don't have anything to monitor temps or fan speeds though. Any suggestions on a good utility for that?
    Razer Game Booster (give it a few seconds to calc) shows cpu, mainboard, video card, harddisk temperatures.
    Also shows fan speed rpm.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	YAFSS_001.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	59.0 KB 
ID:	2629

Members who have read this thread: 48