This Could Be Very Interesting - AnKor's Shaders - Page 4
Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678910111214 ... LastLast

Thread: This Could Be Very Interesting - AnKor's Shaders

So how does one to the version shown on post #58?

That was done by the developer AnKor.

A couple of us are communicating with him privately, and will keep everyone notified as things progress.

If you'd like to encourage him you may make a donation to him here in the first post. http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3881675/1
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorMagee View Post
    I've discovered one additional glitch with the current version of the self shadowing dll. This was a bit more difficult to diagnose since it didn't involve the M3D files this time. For the AvH 1% files there are some aircraft that reference panel lights in the effects section of the xpd file. The way the AvH effects are set up there is some sort of conflict with the new d3d8.dll that causes these to show up as a circle of colored light on the cockpit dash, or front windshield. All you have to do is edit out the panel light effect lines from the xpd and they're gone.

Meteor
    Hellcat
    Lancaster
    Spitfire
    TBF
    XP55
    P51D
    P38J
    L5B
    B25C
    B17G
    I15
    Bf109G
    Ju88
    Ju52
    Fw190D
    I found a few more in my PTO install.

Hawk 51
    F6F
    Ki84
    A6M2
    A6M5
    N1K2
    D3A1
    F4F3
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

The more I work with Andrey the more impressed I am with his ability to rapidly figure out what's going under the CFS3 hood.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    This is all very fascinating to me..
    I have had the chance yet to dance with this yet.

Haven't found a resolution setting on my Win 7 machine that will allow WOFF to run without crashing??
    Tried the native settings, and all resolutions settings(32 bit), so far still getting the
    WOFF DLL. message.
    And I am very puzzled..
    I Will put all of this on hold for now..

Doing ETO work for the Team.
    As soon as I have the ETO work finished I plan to jump into this with both my furry feets..

Here's today's update.

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3930178/Re_DirectX_8_to_9_converter_Ma#Post3930178

As he warned, the water looks very strange in CFS3. I'll try tweaking some of the parameters to see if I can get it looking better.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Blog Entries
    I don't understand

When I puts "shaders30" file and "D3D8.dll", CF3 does not open.

Some have had that trouble. First thing to try is re-reunning CFS3config.exe, and explicitly setting the screen resolution again. Also, make sure you have the d3d8.ini with the first parameter for anti-aliasing set to 1 rather than the default 0.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Yep, it looks great in WOFF, but I'll need to do some tweaking to the CFS3 files to get it working right.

SOH-CM-2020
    Some have had that trouble. First thing to try is re-reunning CFS3config.exe, and explicitly setting the screen resolution again. Also, make sure you have the d3d8.ini with the first parameter for anti-aliasing set to 1 rather than the default 0.
    Thanks I'll need to try that too. The D3D9 stuff is fine but the D3D8 stuff was causing lockups. Funnily enough just the D3D9 stuff on its own was an improvement, especially with a good shaders.xml file.

The water ends up looking quite different in the various different installs of CFS3 I have with AnKor's latest version.

My quick test in Solomon Islands this morning looked terrible. Most of my other versions look generally okay.

It turns out that the alpha channel in the effects\fxtextures\h20d_##.dds files has to be pretty finely textured, and the color variations have to be subtle (no harsh shade transitions) for it to bump map realistically.

I'm still not sure I like what it does to the water's color in all cases (generally it turns nearly black). That's supposed to be controlled by the effects\fxtextures\cfs3h2o.dds file. I'll have to try tuning it to something that will get it to render closer to the original colors.

US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Here's today's update.

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3930178/Re_DirectX_8_to_9_converter_Ma#Post3930178

As he warned, the water looks very strange in CFS3. I'll try tweaking some of the parameters to see if I can get it looking better.
    Installed the latest version;great cockpit shadows but lots the cockpit light.the colors of the planes also seem a bit light (pale).

Try porting over the WOFF panoramic_cubic_test.dds to your other installs, and swapping around different cfs3h2o.dds textures and you ought to get rid of the black coloration. It's starting to look quite good in my install. There's lots to explore with this new version and some great features to make use of.

Quote Originally Posted by gosd View Post
    Installed the latest version;great cockpit shadows but lots the cockpit light.the colors of the planes also seem a bit light (pale).
    The light colors are usually related to the specular layer, and that needs to be fixed by hex editing the m3d files.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Hi!

I've finally registered here and will be able to provide some clarifications. Unfortunately accessing this forum is a bit convoluted from here, so I won't be posting too often.
    The DirectX 9 mod is generally intended to be used with WOFF, but since people still play CFS3 I will be trying to keep it compatible as well. Currently main issues are reflective surfaces and cockpit lights which weren't implemented because they aren't used by WOFF. There are also some glitches with certain 3rd party models as mentioned above.
    I'm working with gecko and MajorMagee to improve CFS3 compatibility, so eventually I hope to get rid of all these issues.

Minimum system requirements for self shadowing are AMD HD 4xxx series or NVidia 8xxx series. These cards are from around 2008, so I believe it is not a problem for most people. Modern built-in Intel graphics should also work, but they are quite slow. I'm using Windows 7 for development and haven't tested it on XP, but I don't know any reason why it shouldn't work there.

The first thing to try if the game fails to start with my mod is running cfs3config.exe and selecting screen resolution again.

And just one more note - although my mod enables the use of SweetFX, it is not connected to it in any other way

re-member,remem-ma-member popsaka's Avatar
    Just wanna say Thanks so very much to all

Blog Entries
    Ankor,

These mods are THE best thing to happen to cfs3 and it's derivatives. Thank you for all your efforts. They bring them bang up to date in the graphics department. Thanks also to Andy and Daniel for helping.

I'm on XP and can't get it working but I do intend buying a new PC so hope I'll be joining the brave new world soon.

Cheers!

Clive

ps I'm l using your mouse view mod and liking it a lot, another break though. Thank you!
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Thank You Ankor very much for this work, it is Most welcomed..

I am spending time today to try to sort this out for CFS3 from the files from Andy, taking a break from my ETO team work.
    I am Very interested in this addition to our beloved sims..
    Thank to all for this work..
    And there is Much rejoicing!

PISSED , around in win8 ... heres what i got , no idea how -lol

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shot03-28-14-14-16-28.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	58.2 KB 
ID:	5943

rocketred, that actually look awesome...river's a little green tho

beats all black ...lol, yea still at it ....hoping oneday ... the master ankor of this great addon , will make and see fit , cfs3 groupies all get one nice patch

many tks

I've developed several new panoramic_cubic_test.dds files to correct the reflectivity and dark grey color for AnKor's latest water shader files in CFS3. One of these will need to be used for anyone that doesn't have OFF or WOFF to borrow those files from.

panoramic_cubic_test_files_by_MajorMagee.zip

Gecko is working on modifying the chfsh2o.dds files to fine tune the water colors. (I'm actually beginning to like the green color of the water in ETO)
    Last edited by MajorMagee; March 28th, 2014 at 21:34.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.