Attention all DC-3 fans ! - Page 74
Page 74 of 75 FirstFirst ... 246466676869707172737475 LastLast
Results 1,826 to 1,850 of 1863

Thread: Attention all DC-3 fans !

+1 on the no politics parameter. I enjoy the respectful and helpful atmosphere here in stark contrast to other forums. Perhaps our little clubhouse is the last refuge of civilized conduct. As for the C-47.... Just bring it on. I'm certain with all the combined effort and attention to detail from our talented developers, it will surpass our expectations.

Obie

I did this critter a couple of years ago....as it's not just the youngest airframe still flying....but also goes down to where I was born....King Island... so have been on it twice [so far]....bound to do it again soon.
    I'll drag it screaming across to this C47 release when it's available...

BTW....that's it parked where it actually lives...."Hangar 6" at Essendon Aerodrome [that's what it used to be - and that building to the right was the original Essendon Terminal, being replaced post-war.]

The first time I was on it....I was where the cyclone wire fence is....listening/watching the pre-flight warm-up....

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Gooney.jpg  

"I wish some of these expert modelers would take on a C-46, that would round out all the classic round engine birds!"

I soo agree wit that.

But for now I am focused on the release of this beautiful C-47/DC-3
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Jafo,

That is a very nice paint.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

I think one off the most interesting is not just with a project like this were it developed into were this is now I did a lot of background work for a earlier project Name: as4sumje.zip
    Size: 53,388,198 Date: 06-05-2007 Downloads: 7,684
    This of course now well trampled into history even with Manfred's base rebuild , but to show the dedication and commitment back then , they run out off energy, I know both Jon and James very well, Well did .. they really did drop off the radar, One thing that stuck in my brain case those nine years back was when one said to me , I don't really like the DC-3 ... CRIKEY ! , funny how time go's by , don't see Jon and James anymore as for Will "I don't really like the DC-3" three who must have got married I think.

Quote Originally Posted by qar02 View Post
    What with all the excitement over the Douglas Bird (kinda scared to call it a C-47 or DC-3....) we might miss that the Turbo Mallard is coming along...

possibly a Beta Version this week end. Lord, how will I find the time to fly both....HEAVEN!!!!

qar02
    So many great aircraft, so little time.

I have watched this thread from its inception and have anxiously awaited this release along with the rest of you.
    Jan and Jens are developer heroes of mine so this is a major event in FS history IMO.

I have flown the wings off of Jan's early works until developing got the best of me and there was no more time for flying other than to test.

I'll be first in the download line with hat in hand and a smile on my face.

Thanks to all the great talent who contributed to this achievement over the years.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Icon26

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post

I have watched this thread from its inception and have anxiously awaited this release along with the rest of you.
    Jan and Jens are developer heroes of mine so this is a major event in FS history IMO.

I have flown the wings off of Jan's early works until developing got the best of me and there was no more time for flying other than to test.

I'll be first in the download line with hat in hand and a smile on my face.

Thanks to all the great talent who contributed to this achievement over the years.
    So maybee this give the inspiration to update my other favorite...........the D18,you are also a developer heroes of mine

Thank You

cheers
    Ralf

Quote Originally Posted by banjoman1960 View Post
    So maybee this give the inspiration to update my other favorite...........the D18,you are also a developer heroes of mine

Thank You

cheers
    Ralf
    I second that suggestion - I am also in love with your D18.

Thanks to all these great and generous developpers...

Gérard

Quite amazing to see who's coming out of the woodwork! Milton - you're a gem!!!

Adam.
    XP11.50 | MSFS 2020
    Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3.40-4.69GHz | 8GB DDR3 | nVidia RTX2060 8GB | Win10 2004 64-bit 24Gb RAM

Quote Originally Posted by Adamski_NZ View Post
    Quite amazing to see who's coming out of the woodwork! Milton - you're a gem!!!
    Adam , One said to me Many many years back, with all my information and knowledge why was I not building or making Flight Simulation aircraft, ...... my simple reply was all these wicked and brilliant aircraft people are making , we now need Scenery and the airports to land at , tho my airport build s have been lagging at large the scenery is this cooking, least New Zealand anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Warren View Post
    I think one off the most interesting is not just with a project like this were it developed into were this is now I did a lot of background work for a earlier project Name: as4sumje.zip
    Size: 53,388,198 Date: 06-05-2007 Downloads: 7,684
    This of course now well trampled into history even with Manfred's base rebuild , but to show the dedication and commitment back then , they run out off energy, I know both Jon and James very well, Well did .. they really did drop off the radar, One thing that stuck in my brain case those nine years back was when one said to me , I don't really like the DC-3 ... CRIKEY ! , funny how time go's by , don't see Jon and James anymore as for Will "I don't really like the DC-3" three who must have got married I think.
    Well, one of these aeons, I'll carry on the legacy of Jon's and James' work, time and motivation permitting.
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...-DC-3-Enhanced

Never got a reply to my e-mails asking for permission to use the exteriors though, so they really seem to be on greener pastures at the moment.

(Consider the effort complimentary to this one as I'm not really interested in the military use of the DC-3 airframe.)

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post

And I have flown all your Aero Commander versions into dozens and dozens of airports in
    the province of BC. FS9 and FSX. Thank YOU for being one of those talented builders!!!

CK
    Flying Canada's "Left Coast"

My all time favorite is Milton's Howard 500. Learn how to paint on that one!

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Quote Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
    I did this critter a couple of years ago....as it's not just the youngest airframe still flying....but also goes down to where I was born....King Island... so have been on it twice [so far]....bound to do it again soon.
    I'll drag it screaming across to this C47 release when it's available...

BTW....that's it parked where it actually lives...."Hangar 6" at Essendon Aerodrome [that's what it used to be - and that building to the right was the original Essendon Terminal, being replaced post-war.]

The first time I was on it....I was where the cyclone wire fence is....listening/watching the pre-flight warm-up....

I have heard the sound of this bird many, many times rumbling around Melbourne and gone running to catch a glimpse. I have been meaning to take that trip to King Island also. Something I have to do soon. Great Paint job!

Cheers,

Hurumph!!!
    Still recovering from major surgery and will be sometime before back to my PC. Looks like I'm going to miss the launch of this amazing aircraft.
    At least I'll be able to read about it here
    If you know the avatar, you know the man!
    M/B: Asus Z170 Deluxe - CPU: i7 6700k - RAM: 16Gb Corsair DDR4 3200mhz - Vid: Asus GTX970
    Windows 10 (x64) on M.2 SSD - FS Software on: Sata SSD

Quote Originally Posted by dougal View Post
    Hurumph!!!
    Still recovering from major surgery and will be sometime before back to my PC. Looks like I'm going to miss the launch of this amazing aircraft.
    At least I'll be able to read about it here

Glad to hear you are on the mend Dougal and I think the wait will be well worth it, I am down to checking by the hour now.

We could put you on a litter and haul you along with us in the back?

I hear the nurses are swell!

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Well, one of these aeons, I'll carry on the legacy of Jon's and James' work, time and motivation permitting.
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...-DC-3-Enhanced

Never got a reply to my e-mails asking for permission to use the exteriors though, so they really seem to be on greener pastures at the moment.

(Consider the effort complimentary to this one as I'm not really interested in the military use of the DC-3 airframe.)
    I missed this thread, Jon moved to Auckland from Wellington, he was a member at NZFF and created another site ARNZX repaints and that has closed down, as for James, last time he stopped here from Wellington, I even lost him back then.... we had a BBQ meet at Pacific Simulations http://www.pacificsimulators.com/ .. I said we better do some shopping , couple steaks and some cold ones ... I lost him in the supermarket when I go shopping I don't piss around ... Mach 10 with my pants on fire, in my haste lost him, thought hes gone straight back to my home , only 300 meters walk around the corner, I raced home , NOPE ... so raced back and found him at the door of the supermarket ... Track and Field , yes I could run, comes in handy ... made me a great host, his first time in Christchurch and I lost him in a few minutes

Quote Originally Posted by scotth6 View Post
    I have heard the sound of this bird many, many times rumbling around Melbourne and gone running to catch a glimpse. I have been meaning to take that trip to King Island also. Something I have to do soon. Great Paint job!

Cheers,
    Where else can you get a photo of 'The Heads' taken through the windscreen as you stand behind the crew? Not to mention magic city shots cos you're coming back in so darn low...

Its So Great

All you guys here who have and are developing things for FS are my heroes. I go back to FS5 and then a long hiatus until FS2002 and started downloading from sites like AVSIM, Flightsim, FS2000, Simviation etc where I met all of you through your wonderful creations. Can't wait for this one to be available. I have been flying Milton's fantastic C1A COD both in FS9 and now FSX(A) and having a great time. Gave back my Miss America CVA-66 Vietnam era repaint here in The Warbirds Library Download Section. Keep up the great work everyone.

You're looking in the wrong place, lads!

The beta files have been uploaded. They are awaiting SOH approval.

See new thread http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...-Beta-Released.

We'll post a download link here once the files have passed through thei SOH approval process.

Yay!!!!!!! Thank you!

Wot - still in BETA after all these years!

Adam.
    XP11.50 | MSFS 2020
    Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3.40-4.69GHz | 8GB DDR3 | nVidia RTX2060 8GB | Win10 2004 64-bit 24Gb RAM

Quote Originally Posted by Adamski_NZ View Post
    Yay!!!!!!! Thank you!

Wot - still in BETA after all these years!

Adam.

More to come... stay tuned!

Excellent job, gentlemen. Congrats and a big thank you.

Just finished my first flight into Boeing. Enjoyed my flight very much. Lots to look at, and switches galore.

Thanks again.

Cheers
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.