Virtual LSO: Truly an awesome program!

Thread: Virtual LSO: Truly an awesome program!

Virtual LSO: Truly an awesome program!

This program has been out for a while, but somehow I missed reading about it. It is really cool! Endless thanks to the developer of it! Navy Chief

Here is the site for information, and download:

http://vlso.blogspot.com/

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vLSO712main.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	179.8 KB 
ID:	1666Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vLSO712debrief.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	134.3 KB 
ID:	1667

I don't understand the d/l system for this it doesn't seemed zipped and you have to d/l/ each individual file is that right?
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Great program. The addon scenery is a real bonus.

VCN-1

Quote Originally Posted by Naismith View Post
    I don't understand the d/l system for this it doesn't seemed zipped and you have to d/l/ each individual file is that right?
    I believe there are different versions listed, and I downloaded the most recent....beta. seems to work fine!

There is the file for the VLSO software itself, plus, further down the page are files for the FCLP landing sites, I.e. NALF Fentress, VA and NOLF Coupeville, WA.

Worked it out -bit slow today :-)
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Quote Originally Posted by Naismith View Post
    Worked it out -bit slow today :-)
    It's getting to be that way for me almost every day, it seems now

NC, on your recommendation I'm gonna try this out. Looks like fun.

Quote Originally Posted by TARPSBird View Post
    NC, on your recommendation I'm gonna try this out. Looks like fun.
    I really think you are gonna like it....REALLY! Pete

This is a fun add-on. But, I'm really getting tired of it telling me I suck at carrier approaches. It's starting to affect my precious self esteem! What does it want, perfect landings? I got down ok, caught the 4 wire, only slightly damaged the right main mount, and didn't send any yellow-shirts to sick bay. Well, if you don't count counseling for debilitating fear, but dang!
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Quote Originally Posted by PRB View Post
    This is a fun add-on. But, I'm really getting tired of it telling me I suck at carrier approaches. It's starting to affect my precious self esteem! What does it want, perfect landings? I got down ok, caught the 4 wire, only slightly damaged the right main mount, and didn't send any yellow-shirts to sick bay. Well, if you don't count counseling for debilitating fear, but dang!

Well, you remember being told during CPO initiation that we would have to get used to getting our butt chewed, right? Well then, you should be used to it!!! Pete

Going to try this out should work okay for me except every time I go by a Chief's recommendation thing's tend to bite me and the a$$.
    AO1 USN Retired
    USS SARATOGA CV-60/ VP-65/HAL-5/VP-0919/VFA-305/NAWS-0176/HCS-5

IYAOYAS
    Naval Aviation Ordnance
    We Are The Arms Of The Fleet

As a white-hat I had my ass chewed on numerous occasions, and by professionals too. By the time I made Chief I had more callous back there than on Eric Clapton's chord fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by strikehawk View Post
    Going to try this out should work okay for me except every time I go by a Chief's recommendation thing's tend to bite me and the a$$.
    Yes, but the cool thing about it all is you can just hit the Delete key, and make it disappear. No fuss, no foul! NC

NC, unless I missed something on the VLSO web page the latest version is 07.1.1 with 07.1.2 still being a WIP and not available for d/l... right?

Quote Originally Posted by TARPSBird View Post
    NC, unless I missed something on the VLSO web page the latest version is 07.1.1 with 07.1.2 still being a WIP and not available for d/l... right?
    Yes, that is correct. You can click on the 07.1.2...and then the page shows the progress and forthcoming changes I guess. But yes, 07.1.1 is the current latest available.

I am a newbie to all of this as well! Just passing on the tips! NC

Thanks NC!

Using Dino's F-14D, 10 passes, 1 bolter, 1 waveoff, the rest of the 8 were 3 wire okay passes with minor deviations. The AoA indexer to me just isn't accurate to fly the glideslope and get an accurate 3-wire grab. I had a tendency to turn downwind too close abeam!(normal for me) LOL.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for the link. I had heard mention of this addon but forgot about it. I just downloaded it and looking forward to trying it out. I'm scared.

A new version was released yesterday. One of the cool things added to it is the aircraft will roll back, after a successful trap! NC

other improvements:

A NATOPS option (to follow CQ/FCLP requirements)
    Tracking pilot's currency
    A new logbook file format
    Export and import of logbook records in various formats (XML, CSV, LXF)
    New LSO comments - TWA, TCA, LIG
    New LSO grade - WOP
    Colored CQ/FCLP logbook records
    Color icons for different CASE approaches
    New LSO voice calls

http://vlso.blogspot.com.au/2014/02/...-is-ready.html

can i get some help?....im trying to add the VS F8F to vLSO,but i have no clue about what to put for the angle of attack..and in the distance abeam,do i have to guess at these? are they in the aircrafts .CFG?

i want to add the SOH S2 as well.C1A actually...fly from "my home base" to a carrier off SF..

also..how do i add the arrestor cables...i have abacus flight deck 5..but someone told me about a program ( or something) to add the cbles ect to the stock FSX AI Carriers...any clues?..

If you have acceleration you dont need to worry about arrestor cables, its basically SP2 with extras
    Intel 4790K @ 4.8GHz , 16 Gig Cas 10 2100 MHz ram, Nvidia GTX 970, 4Gig Video, Windows 7 64 Bit, Gigabyte GA Z87X-UD3H

Members who have read this thread: 116