Patch 1.2 out for FTX Global users

Thread: Patch 1.2 out for FTX Global users

Patch 1.2 out for FTX Global users

Just happened to see this over at ORBX . Downloaded but haven't installed yet . I believe it corrects the default texture bleed though and other issues in P3D 2.0 . It's been awhile since I've read the list . Caution , fairly large download , around 500MB .

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/top...bal-120-patch/

Rich

I stand corrected , "This fixes an issue with our full 1.10 build that didn't overwrite some Default textures, particularly with P3D v2. It also has some new updated vector poly textures. The installer will open FTX Central and apply the Global region for you, so make sure you close it before continuing the install"
    Last edited by Crusader; December 13th, 2013 at 03:01.
    USAF Retired , 906 Tactical Fighter Group , Wright Patterson AFB , Ohio
    I7-9700K , MSI/MPG-Z390M , 32GB DDR4 3200 , RTX 2080 8GB

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Thanks Rich for the heads up. I can finally see now what ORBX looks like in V2. Ive been waiting for this...
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

How about a very short critique on this product. Is it worth the $$?
    Is it that much of an improvement over stock textures.

VCN-1

Trying to organize things

So I bought prepar v2...

What should I now about Orbx? Own New Zealand and airports

Think of going Global, but what to do? Buy version 1, think patch 1.1 and 1.2 I read about are free.

Install 1.00 as it is , then 1.10 and 1.20, or 1.2 is cumulative, meaning that I will not need 1.1? Read about 1.2 on Orbx but, quite frankly, it's not very explicity, or easy to follow...

And about GEX and UTX, not to mention REX, that I own? Are they of use with prepar2? And if yes how? Does anyone know anything about this? Thiink this is a topic that may be of interest for many of us.

Regards

So far only FTX Global works straightforward for installing directly to P3D v2. For the other ORBX stuff I would advise to wait for new installers. There is a workaround described here:
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...rk-Around-quot if anyone wishes to try at their own risk.

GEX and UTX do not cover P3D in their EULAs. There are going to be new versions for P3D only in the future and they would be new products with different licenses.

REX needs an additional license extension to run with P3D (any version). If you buy it the interface can feed the new sim with textures and weather, like in FSX. I've tried it and it works well. A new version of REX will take advantage of more P3D v2 features, like the 3d waves, I'll be probably buying this too, as well as the new Active Sky when they will include P3D v2 support.

Weather FTXG is good or not is a matter of taste. I have installed it only in P3D v2 and do not like it for my area of southern Europe as it makes everything too green. It is good for northerns Europe or areas of the US I guess. I still have GEX in my FSX install, which I prefer, but can not use it in P3D. I will wait for the FTX Europe openLC that could make things better.

Members who have read this thread: 32