Dhaenens scenery

Thread: Dhaenens scenery

Dhaenens scenery

Has anyone installed any of Jim Dhaenens' scenery in P3D2?

I have and I am getting some bizarre textures and shapes which I think are trees.

VCN-1

Quote Originally Posted by VCN-1 View Post
    Has anyone installed any of Jim Dhaenens' scenery in P3D2?

I have and I am getting some bizarre textures and shapes which I think are trees.

VCN-1

Can You put screenshot? I saw Today too on one from FSX scenery something like textures of house over tree ; >>>.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Here is an image. This is from NASP.

VCN-1
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P3D2.jpg  

Looks like that particular scenery of Jim's isn't Dx11 compatible.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

The Fantasy Of Flight seems to work OK apart from some missing landclass and trees.... I don't know what casues this though, In some scenery it doesn't display some of the buildings.

Attachment 861Attachment 862Attachment 863

And here's a screen cap of Phenick field by GAS with the buildings not showing, any ideas ?

Attachment 864
    Craig

Found out if you put the (Fantasy Of Flight LC) at the very top of the scenery.cfg it works flawlesley
    Craig

Here is an image. This is from NASP.

VCN-1
    Yes too same with my other addons from FSX. Pity.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I sure do hope there is a work around to get Jim's sceneries to work. His creations are among my favorites.....NC

If anyone is using FTX Global 1.1 in P3D 2.0 this was posted over at the ORBS Forums : http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/top...th-ftx-global/ a FTX Global 1.2 update soon I hope .

Looks like it might account for some of the problems but 2.0 default textures only , who knows . I'm sure LM will work it out . I too had the tree and texture problem , especially around Hawaii . I read somewhere(AVSim ?) that if your in an area that displays these weird textures try switching the Texture Resolution for example from 2048 to 4096 or vice versa . It did work temporarily until you hit the Reset or restarted 2.0 ., then you had to do it again . It will all get ironed out . Hugh Jim D fan but I haven't got around to loading any scenery yet but I might give a couple of his a shot . I know they all worked well in P3D 1.4 .

Rich
    Last edited by Crusader; November 29th, 2013 at 15:11.
    USAF Retired , 906 Tactical Fighter Group , Wright Patterson AFB , Ohio
    I7-9700K , MSI/MPG-Z390M , 32GB DDR4 3200 , RTX 2080 8GB

Crusader

You post set the wheels turning. I bumped the textures to 4096 and everything displays perfectly.

Added: It seems you have to change resolution on each start up. I had to go from 4096 to 1024 to have it display correctly.

At least I know how to overcome the issue.

VCN-1
    Last edited by VCN-1; November 29th, 2013 at 16:20.

Crusader

You post set the wheels turning. I bumped the textures to 4096 and everything displays perfectly.

Added: It seems you have to change resolution on each start up. I had to go from 4096 to 1024 to have it display correctly.

At least I know how to overcome the issue.

VCN-1
    So you had to change textures to 4096 and back to 1024?? Confused (which doesn't take much at age 60

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Interesting find, VCN-1. You might post this at Prepar3D. The Devs from the team might be interested.
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    I have not had any issue's using Jim's KNGP Corpus Christi NAS/MCAS/CGAS scenery in Prepar3D V1.4/2

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    So you had to change textures to 4096 and back to 1024?? Confused (which doesn't take much at age 60
    Yes in order to get it to display correctly.

When I do another restart I have to change the resolution again to have it display correctly.

I have no idea why this works.

VCN-1

Yes in order to get it to display correctly.

When I do another restart I have to change the resolution again to have it display correctly.

I have no idea why this works.

VCN-1
    Weird but thanks for finding out for us and sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by full View Post
    Found out if you put the (Fantasy Of Flight LC) at the very top of the scenery.cfg it works flawlesley
    That's right. Landclass polys on top of the grass were not shown with ADE so I had to create them separately with SBuilderX and place them on a separate folder. This has to be over the main scenery folder to wor.

As for buildings not showing in Gas's Phenick field, it could be the scenery complexity slider. Some objects might have a tag to show at higher settings of that slider. Try increasing it to see if they appear.

Another issue with many addon sceneries is that the taxiways are buried below the land texture. You can see the taxiway markings but not the concrete or asphalt texture. I have observed this with all the airports I've made with ADE. Scruffyduck is fixing that in the upcoming ADE 1.60 so a recompilation of the AFCAD will be needed.

Check Scruffyduck's blog for better explanation:
    http://www.blog.scruffyduck.org.uk/
    Last edited by Dimus; December 2nd, 2013 at 02:17.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    That's right. Landclass polys on top of the grass were not shown with ADE so I had to create them separately with SBuilderX and place them on a separate folder. This has to be over the main scenery folder to wor.

As for buildings not showing in Gas's Phenick field, it could be the scenery complexity slider. Some objects might have a tag to show at higher settings of that slider. Try increasing it to see if they appear.

Another issue with many addon sceneries is that the taxiways are buried below the land texture. You can see the taxiway markings but not the concrete or asphalt texture. I have observed this with all the airports I've made with ADE. Scruffyduck is fixing that in the upcoming ADE 1.60 so a recompilation of the AFCAD will be needed.

Check Scruffyduck's blog for better explanation:
    http://www.blog.scruffyduck.org.uk/
    HI Dimus,

Yeah I've tried moving the scenery slider to full max and nothing changes... maybe its something to do with the objects themselfs ? I've used MCX to recompile them using P3D2's SDK kit and it doesn't make any difference only the file size seems to be bigger.
    Craig

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    I noticed just that when I installed my custom airfield 33MO (Leaming Field). Whenever Scruffyduck gets that into v1.60 I'll recompile and retest. It's sort of disconcerting to not have taxiways!

Something else I've noticed is that "Progressive Taxi" does not appear at any airport at all. Ever...
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Progressive taxi was something that Steve Parsons fixed in his FsX Dx10 Fixer package so I believe it's a shader issue that probably could be fixed in Dx11.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Members who have read this thread: 36