Hi All

Thread: Hi All

Hi All

Hi All,

Was talking to a few RC guys about the RC specific flight sims they use to practice over the winter when they can't fly. I thought of the AvH 1% planes & thought I would stop in to see How they have held up over time.

Kevin
    BEAR - AvHistory

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    Bear, AVH work is among the best, Period!!
    I use your work often..
    Thank You..
    The AVH group work is and remains to me a true blessing..
    Last edited by HouseHobbit; November 20th, 2013 at 18:31.

Its nice to hear they are still in use. Have reproduced quite a few of them as RC aircraft.
    BEAR - AvHistory

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by BEAR - AvHistory View Post
    Hi All,

Was talking to a few RC guys about the RC specific flight sims they use to practice over the winter when they can't fly. I thought of the AvH 1% planes & thought I would stop in to see How they have held up over time.

Kevin
    Greetings, Maestro! I am flying the 5gb spitfire from AvH today! So they are definitely not forgotten. A huge debt is owed to AvH for all the terrific planes, all the care given to flight models. However the AvH planes even the earlier versions, also had much better cockpit mpodels and textures than the originals. Hence the 5gb Spit I'm flying.

Have you seen how beautiful the original textures look with an LCD screen and a modern computer/video card? The eye candy of CFS3 seems to be unlocked 10 years after the original was realeased!

Great that you dropped by, we miss you!

D

Agree, it was way to early for the available technology.
    BEAR - AvHistory

Hello BEAR, it's been a while but it's good to hear from you again! Still at the Tae Kwon-Do? The 1% flight models are still the best we have, it would be great if some more were being built.

Don't be a stranger! :-)
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Hi All,

Kevin
    Welcome back Bear, Just got back in with the bunch after being out for awhile myself. Now I'm back
    in full of mission ideas,(and other things,lol) and hope your around when I start putting this new stuff
    out and maybe give it a spin!

Wyld45/ Bill Wyld
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hi Bear - good to know you're well, around and still flying one way or another!

I'll second what they say above about the flight models - we've tweaked a few here and there to represent different engine types, etc, etc, but without the AvHistory work, we'd still be where the SF2 guys are today... Hoping for the best.

It would be great to see you back...

Any news about Gregory?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

BEAR.......your stuff was the backbone to so much of what CFS3 became......many thanks....they're still flapping away as usual!

Gregory suddenly dropped off the world. Mathias posted me a while back to see if I could reach him but it was a no-go. Have retired from active TKD as a 3rd degree BB, knees started to pack it in. Still do the Poomse (kata) to stay loose.

Airplanes are mostly RC now with occasional AT-6 & PT-17 full scale flights to get upside down for a while. Experimental stuff to keep life interesting is beta testing for a 3rd party high performance auto electronics & parts company.

Nice to hear from all of you & hope all is well with everybody.

EDIT fixed type font
    Last edited by BEAR - AvHistory; November 21st, 2013 at 10:37.
    BEAR - AvHistory

Hi BEAR

Im new to CFS3 but really love your work just amazing I fly them all the time..
    Every site that has CFS3 mentioned always talk about your 1% planes..

Icon23

Gregory suddenly dropped off the world. Mathias posted me a while back to see if I could reach him but it was a no-go.

Hope all's well... I know he was having various problems...

Airplanes are mostly RC now with occasional AT-6 & PT-17 full scale flights to get upside down for a while.
    Lucky bar steward!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

Quote Originally Posted by ndicki View Post
    Lucky bar steward!

Hitting 72 next month so every day is a good day
    BEAR - AvHistory

Welcome back! The 4.0 FM is still the gold standard in my book. Did they all get released? Always wanted to see an early Spit and Fw 190A.

I am not sure. Had a hard drive go away so I don't know what was lost. Will see what I still have around. If someone has a place I can dump stuff off too send me a PM. Could be dups of what was out or maybe some unpublished stuff.
    BEAR - AvHistory

Members who have read this thread: 26