P3D V2 Carrier Ops? (Question for Dino?) - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: P3D V2 Carrier Ops? (Question for Dino?)

@SkippyBing

As for "baked" shadows being redundant...well, it depends.
    Javier's Nimitz has a certain amount of "soft" baked shadowing that works pretty well by itself, and looks really well with P3D shadows, too.
    If your baked shadows are "hard" (I mean, very sharp contours, very dark areas) you may want to tone them down a little.
    Also - scenery self-shadowing comes at a price in terms of frames-per-second...

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    So Dino, do you think that the creators of AICarriers will be able to modify that program to work with the new P3D version? NC
    Make that "creator" as in one man, Lamont Clark, and he hasn't been active in FS for quite a while. I wouldn't expect anything.

Good to hear that AICarries does still work. Won't have to rewrite the Enterprise manual. And SDB has other carriers in the works.
    Last edited by fsafranek; November 25th, 2013 at 06:52.

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    .......SDB has other carriers in the works.
    You got my attention with that remark. Is information on which carriers available on their Facebook page? I don't have access to it currently. Just curious. Thanks. NC

It sure would be nice to get AVT-16, USS Lexington.

I have a piece of the flight deck in lucite that I got when it was decommissioned in Pensacola.

Most of the public doesn't realize the flight deck was wood.

VCN-1

Quote Originally Posted by VCN-1 View Post
    It sure would be nice to get AVT-16, USS Lexington.

I have a piece of the flight deck in lucite that I got when it was decommissioned in Pensacola.

Most of the public doesn't realize the flight deck was wood.

VCN-1
    I was working at Saufley Field as an Exam Writer at that time, and living at Corry ( then on NAS later).

Although I missed the decommissioning of the USS Lexington, my most prized possession was given to me by my uncle, the late Robert O. Jackson, SR., Capt., USNR, (Ret.). It was a Tompion for one of the USS Indiana BB-58 deck guns, made into a small end table. NC

Members who have read this thread: 48