Japanese pilot pto

Thread: Japanese pilot pto

Blog Entries

Question Japanese pilot pto

Hey guys there was a small charter file called Japanese pilot. Anybody know where it is?

Thanks,
    Len
    CHEERS

I had uploaded files for the Japanese pilots way back when PTO Solomons was new but, alas, they are gone with the Warbirds Archive and I do not have my originals. If anyone has a copy, please feel free to re-upload! Thanks...

Ken

...anyone?

Australia Mate! living the good life in Gods Country
    Hi Guys,

I have a set of alternate Japanes characters in my PTO/RS I'm sure they are Ken's work, but I cant find the original download file on my HD.

the picture below is what each of the textures looks like, is this your work Ken? if so I'll upload.

regards Rob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails jap_textures.JPG  
    No other success can compensate for failure in the home..

Australia Mate! living the good life in Gods Country
    Hi All,

I found the original download file for the textures I mentioned above. but it doesnt have a name in the credits of the readme file. below is the contents of the readme I have just uploaded the file to the japanese aircraft section in the CFS3 download section.

the picture is from the download file.

regards Rob.

README content:

Improved Japanese Army and Navy pilot textures for CFS3 Nationality Expansion kit.
    Using a hodge-podge of existing CFS3 NEK and other textures, I've created improved versions for the NEK Japanese Army and Navy pilots. The issue to overcome as it turned out was the bailed out pilots "Hiroyoshi' and 'Sawada" use the same character model (iwamoto_), who is 'wearing' my IJN flightgear.
    To overcome this I created a new character model (iwamota_) for the Sawada character to reference when he bails out. If having Sawada change flightgear when he leaves his crippled plane is NOT an issue for you, follow "INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS ONE". If you desire Mr.Sawada to be wearing the same clothes when he bails, follow "INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS TWO".

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS ONE:
    1. Open the main folder of your CFS3 install.
    2. Open the 'characters' folder.
    3. Back up the existing textures in the 'anabuki', 'iwamoto_' and 'saburo_' folders.
    4. Place the .dds files from this zip in the corresponding folders.
    5. That's it, fly CFS3 and see your new Imperial Japanese pilots! Oh, you'll need to have Japanese Army and Navy planes installed to see the pilots.......

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS TWO:
    1. You'll be modifying the country.xml, country_raf.xml, country_std.xml and unlimitedpilots.xml in the main folder of your CFS3 install so back them up NOW.
    2. Follow steps 1-4 of "INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS ONE".
    3. Move the folder 'iwamota_' from the zip to the 'characters' folder. This will be your new bailed out version for Pilot Sawada.
    4. Open the country.xml file. Click "Edit", then "Find". In the "Find" window type sawada. Click "Find Next" 3 (three) times. You should see the following text:
    <Background ID="45" FirstName="Mitsugu" LastName="Sawada" Squadron="2nd Daitai" Model="iwamoto_">NON-FICTIONAL
    Change Model="iwamoto_" to Model="iwamota_". You'll also want to change this same entry in the country_raf.xml, country_std.xml for your NEK RAF switcher.
    5. Open the unlimitedpilots.xml in the main folder of your CFS3 install. Click "Edit", then "Find". In the "Find" window type sawada. Click "Find Next" 1 (one) time. You should see the following text:

<CFS3Pilot Type="Unlimited" Id="45" Default="Yes">
    <Value Name="strFirstName" Value="Mitsugu"/>
    <Value Name="strLastName" Value="Sawada"/>
    <Value Name="strSquadron" Value="2nd Daitai"/>
    <Value Name="Country" Value="Japan_AAF"/>
    <Value Name="eCareerPath" Value="0"/>
    <Value Name="Vision" Value="68"/>
    <Value Name="GTolerance" Value="60"/>
    <Value Name="MaxHealth" Value="60"/>
    <Value Name="Experience" Value="0"/>
    <Value Name="Level" Value="1"/>
    <Value Name="Rank" Value="1"/>
    <Value Name="numAirKills" Value="0"/>
    <Value Name="numGroundKills" Value="0"/>
    <Value Name="numShipKills" Value="0"/>
    <Value Name="numMissionsFlown" Value="0"/>
    <Value Name="numSuccessfulMissionsFlown" Value="0"/>
    <Value Name="numCrashes" Value="0"/>
    <Value Name="numBailOuts" Value="0"/>
    <Value Name="numDeaths" Value="0"/>
    <Value Name="numSkillPoints" Value="0"/>
    <Value Name="numTotalPrestigePoints" Value="0"/>
    <Value Name="numRoundsFired" Value="0"/>
    <Value Name="numRound****" Value="0"/>
    <Value Name="numBombsDropped" Value="0"/>
    <Value Name="numBomb****" Value="0"/>
    <Value Name="numRocketsFired" Value="0"/>
    <Value Name="numRocket****" Value="0"/>
    <Value Name="numAward2" Value="0"/>
    <Value Name="numWoundAward" Value="0"/>
    <Value Name="strPortrait" Value="pilot/pic_sawada.bmp"/>
    <Value Name="strModel" Value="iwamoto_"/>
    Change <Value Name="strModel" Value="iwamoto_"/> to <Value Name="strModel" Value="iwamota_"/>.
    6. Now open C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Microsoft\Combat Flight Simulator 3.0 and delete the UnlimitedPilots.xml and uisel.xml IN THIS FOLDER. DO NOT DELETE THESE IN THE MAIN FOLDER!!!! The files in the C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Microsoft\Combat Flight Simulator 3.0 will be created the next time you run your CFS3 install.
    NOTE: As a friendly reminder, your particular drive location (C, "Owner" file and the title of your CFS3 install may be different. If you experience any problems, feel free to PM me at Sim-Outhouse forums. There I'm known as the "phrog_phixer".
    7. That's it, fly CFS3 and see your new Imperial Japanese pilots! Oh, you'll need to have Japanese Army and Navy planes installed to see the pilots.......
    MERCY, PLEASE!: I cannot begin to tell you where all the textures I used for this project came from. Mostly from the NEK but I also have a file 1.2 million CFS pilot textures (exaggeration). If I used yours and you desire acknowledgement PLEASE contact me at SOH and I'll do the honors. Thank you in advance for not hitting me with a lawsuit, hitting me in general or calling me names.

Finally, remember that this file is freeware, You can modify it to your heart's content but you cannot sell it. What you do with it in the privacy of your own home is up to you... However, I'm not responsible for any harm to your hardware or software or inter-personal relationships with family and friends because you spend countless hours on combat flight sims.
    Enjoy!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IJA,IJN Pilots.JPG  
    No other success can compensate for failure in the home..

Hi all, rcafmad sent me a copy of the file; I'll re-upload it today (and keep a copy this time...)! As a reminder, it was done for the NEK...I do not know how it might affect your PTO installs but it didn't do anything negative to my PTO_Solomons install.

Quote Originally Posted by phrog_phixer View Post
    Hi all, rcafmad sent me a copy of the file; I'll re-upload it today (and keep a copy this time...)! As a reminder, it was done for the NEK...I do not know how it might affect your PTO installs but it didn't do anything negative to my PTO_Solomons install.

Never mind, it looks like Capt. Winters beat me to it....enjoy all!

Quote Originally Posted by phrog_phixer View Post
    Never mind, it looks like Capt. Winters beat me to it....enjoy all!
    Never mind my never mind....it's uploaded here too:
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...3&linkid=17757

Admins, please remove my upload...no need for duplicate files. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Winters View Post
    Hi Guys,

I have a set of alternate Japanes characters in my PTO/RS I'm sure they are Ken's work, but I cant find the original download file on my HD.

the picture below is what each of the textures looks like, is this your work Ken? if so I'll upload.

regards Rob.
    Three of these pilots alraidy exist in PTO with japanese hand Band, only yamota is new.