P3D V2 This month!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: P3D V2 This month!!!

P3D V2 This month!!!

From Beta tester at RAZBAM
    http://forum.avsim.net/topic/426105-...t-in-november/
    Today I received an e-mail from LM releasing me from the NDA agreement when we at RAZBAM joined the Beta Test.

Today Beta 4 was released. It is the final beta before production release and we are now authorized to post pictures and talk about Prepar3D v 2.0 everywhere we want to.

The main news is that Prepar3D will be released in November. The Prepar3D website will be updated on Nov 18th.

Gotta go. I'm downloading the Beta 4 as I type this.

Also from LM Site
    http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/?min...3662:applause:

Patrick

Turkey, dressing, new system build, cranberry sauce, P3Dv2, pumpkin pie... It's gonna be a good holiday

Haha!!! Wife will be shopping all TurkeyDay weekend.........I'll Gladly stay behind and "Volunteer" to clean the house......While I'll be downloading P3D V2!!! Hehe!!!

.........from RAZBAM'S Prowler...HellDiver in P3D2

Some shots of A2A Skyhawk 172 trainer........***UNEDITED***

Last edited by Phantom88; November 15th, 2013 at 14:21.

Patrick

Looking forward to it! Hope the Orbx stuff runs well in it..
    Intel I7 8700 16gb DDR4 RAM GTX 1060 3GB with Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by Gdavis101 View Post
    Looking forward to it! Hope the Orbx stuff runs well in it..
    Orbx and Rex are members of the beta team.

Zeus Thank You for the P3D Info and Screenshots,Exciting times ahead!!

Patrick

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Waiting, waiting, waiting. But it will be a few weeks before I will be able to get it.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Its been great so far. You cant believe how much more faster it loads then V1. We nicknamed P3D 2 'V2'. Right now we are in V2-B4. (Beta 4).

The shaders technology is new or a new version that is, and features a realism HDR option that he gaming world starting using just several years ago (if that) which has a strong contrast in light and dark, (brightness of the sun, darkness of shadow areas) when in daylight. Also, how the light shines on a LCD screen is BRILLIANT. The system also has a very very slight 'fuzziness' feature to also add to realism.

Performance, performance, performance, and some nice eye candy as well. LOVIN IT!!!

They can now also update P3D with mini update packs instead of total reloads. That is nice.
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Volumetric Fog

Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom88 View Post
    Volumetric Fog
    WOW! And would just look at how the fog lays on and rolls over the terrain! That is awesome and surely would bring my very outdated Core2Quad to a grinding halt. But wow!
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Quote Originally Posted by stansdds View Post
    WOW! And would just look at how the fog lays on and rolls over the terrain! That is awesome and surely would bring my very outdated Core2Quad to a grinding halt. But wow!
    The CPU might be just fine. The biggest step of v2 is that the graphics card GPU now handles most of the rendering, rather than the CPU.

Dick

Prices? Can early version be updated and cost?

Quote Originally Posted by TeiscoDelRay View Post
    Prices? Can early version be updated and cost?
    Unfortunately No,This will be a New version of the sim,Like going from FS9 to FSX,No info on cost yet,Lockheed are updating their website and we should know more Nov.18

Patrick

Similar question.

It's been quite awhile since I purchased P3D v1.4. At the time (if I recall) v2.0 was going to be a free upgrade.
    Is this still the plan?

Quote Originally Posted by OleBoy View Post
    Similar question.

It's been quite awhile since I purchased P3D v1.4. At the time (if I recall) v2.0 was going to be a free upgrade.
    Is this still the plan?
    No,Unfortunately This will be a Brand-New Purchase.

...over Miami

Patrick

I'd like to (and I'm sure other people) see more videos in full day light, sunrise, sunset etc. I would specifically like to see a video done over the Pacific Northwest region if possible.

They announced that the graphic engine was now based on DX11.

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by OleBoy View Post
    I'd like to (and I'm sure other people) see more videos in full day light, sunrise, sunset etc. I would specifically like to see a video done over the Pacific Northwest region if possible.

You might look around and keep an eye out on YouTube for one. I am sure someone will post one there soon since the secrecy is now lifted.

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate

I will assuredly buy it if my system will run it??? My graphics card is a AMD EAH5870.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails system.jpg   system.jpg  
    Last edited by Navy Chief; November 16th, 2013 at 14:36.

P3D runs fine on my system and your system appears to be a bit better than mine so go ahead and buy it.

My system is :

Intel i5-2500 CPU @ 3.3GHz 3.6GHz
    NVidia GeForce 9600 1GB
    8GB RAM
    64 bit o/s
    Windows 8.1
    Last edited by AussieMan; November 16th, 2013 at 15:04.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    P3D runs fine on my system and your system appears to be a bit better than mine so go ahead and buy it.

My system is :

Intel i5-2500 CPU @ 3.3GHz 3.6GHz
    NVidia GeForce 9600 1GB
    8GB RAM
    64 bit o/s
    Windows 8.1
    Yee Haw! Thanks!! I plan to! NC

Absolutely.
    Best regards,
    Jim T.
    USAF ret. ECM (Old Crow)

You won't be sorry. FSX on my computer is now relegated to some testing occasionally.

Cheers
    Pat

SOH-CM-2014
    FSX is becoming like ole FS2004 these days to me. I opened it last week to check a plane out for details. First time in probably 2 months.