Alabeo R66 Turbine released!

Thread: Alabeo R66 Turbine released!

Alabeo R66 Turbine released!

Alabeo has released their R66 Turbine for FSX/P3D.

http://www.alabeo.com/index.php?acci...duct&correl=97

VCN-1

I'm curious to see how realistic the engine starting procedure is.
    In the default R-22, I cannot really start manually. I disengage the main rotor, I start the engine successfully, but when I re-engage the rotor, the engine dies...
    I have to trigger the engine starter for several seconds with rotor engaged, and when the rotor finally rotates fast enough, the engine starts.

I hope this problem doesn't occur on this Alabeo R66 ?

Alabeo Robinson R66 is out .......

Just for your information gents - Alabeo released their R66 today. It is available at alabeo.com.

Oops - didn't see your post VCN-1 - sorry :redf:

For a normally non helo simmer might give this a go.

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Just a note for people that haven't flown a helo before.

It can be VERY DIFFICULT to fly (beginners).

But... I found a cool thing out. You can put a helo into learning mode (like a cheat mode) by entering this line (if its not already in the aircraft config of said helicopter).

[Helicopter]
    low_realism_stability_scale = 1.6, 1.6,1.6 //Pitch , Bank, Yaw Scalars on Stability in Low Realism Settings

Increasing each axis will 'dull' the input requirement more and more. It makes the helo respond more softly, gently. Without it, it will be laser fast in responsiveness and if you aren't ready for it, add this line and you can then fly it more easily.

Makes it more enjoyable for me and you can look around without suddenly nose diving into the ground because you lost your concentration for a millisecond, lol...

Nice looking model!

Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Somewhat disappointed with the release, though wasn't expecting a huge amount of functionality, as Alabeo has always been about visuals. It looks alright (minus some inaccuracies and the rotor blade blur textures), but the flight dynamics are rather bad. The lack of even basic systems doesn't make it very fun. The sound set is also a bit off, or at least seems to need some cleaning up. It sounds way too static-y/rough. This release just lacks character/personality. Good visuals are a nice thing to have, but there's really no special features that aren't already in other add-ons, including helicopter add-ons.

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    I'm curious to see how realistic the engine starting procedure is.
    In the default R-22, I cannot really start manually. I disengage the main rotor, I start the engine successfully, but when I re-engage the rotor, the engine dies...
    I have to trigger the engine starter for several seconds with rotor engaged, and when the rotor finally rotates fast enough, the engine starts.

I hope this problem doesn't occur on this Alabeo R66 ?
    Turbine engine helicopters have clutch switches.

@Hughes: Sounds like you might want to consider a refund.. they do say you can get a refund if the product doesn't meet your expectations.

Refund ?????????
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/fQaavQNGsMY" frameBorder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

I'm not done enjoying the stock liveries yet, but here are potential reference pictures for making repaints:

I will make them myself if I find a way to get around the flattened white textured. I have no clue why Alabeo never release a basic PSD file to get paints going. I suspect it's for preventing other 'devs' from copying their methods but really, good texturing methods are not a big secret these days.

No but it seems their only unique selling point
    Anneke

Quote Originally Posted by Hughes-MDflyer4 View Post
    Somewhat disappointed with the release, though wasn't expecting a huge amount of functionality, as Alabeo has always been about visuals. It looks alright (minus some inaccuracies and the rotor blade blur textures), but the flight dynamics are rather bad. The lack of even basic systems doesn't make it very fun. The sound set is also a bit off, or at least seems to need some cleaning up. It sounds way too static-y/rough. This release just lacks character/personality. Good visuals are a nice thing to have, but there's really no special features that aren't already in other add-ons, including helicopter add-ons.
    That's precisely what I feared... Thanks for these warnings. I thought about buying this beautiful model, but now I won't.

Turbine engine helicopters have clutch switches.
    I missed the word "Turbine"
    Even less interesting, then.
    It was the R44 that had a piston engine, not the R66, I just realized that...

Members who have read this thread: 20