Rendezvous

Thread: Rendezvous

Rendezvous

I finally figured out how to creat a AI path with aibtc.exe. I made a simple back and forth path about 5 miles off Santa Catalina island. The ship assigned to this path is the AI version of the USS Macon airship available at flightsim. It is assigned to run at 2000 feet and 25 knots speed. Since it is a vessel you get a wake even though it is up in the air. I haven't figured how to get rid of it (the wake) but I don't find it upsetting. The screen shot shows it being approached by a Curtiss F9C as it would in real life.

Best, Paul

Attachment 95014

Very cool, Paul.....That's the kind of thing that is nice to "run across" during a flight from point A to point B! Back in the FS09 days I would add AI in and then over time forget about it and then encounter it during a flight.

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

Oh wow, look at how that top wing is made. It is probably like that so the pilot can see to align the hook on his plane with the trapeze under the airship. Too bad those were the only flying aircraft carriers ever made. Something like in the movie 'Sky Captain' would be cool if it were possible.
    "But there are two certain targets 135 miles from here that don't expect us . . . Let's get Enterprise and Hornet turned into the wind."
    Actor Glenn Ford portraying R. Adm. Raymond Spruance in "Midway"

To remove any unwanted effects from wing vortex to touchdown sparks one need only add "fx_none" for the listed entry , as seen below from a sim.cfg in a watercraft.

[Effects]
    wake = fx_wake_l
    wake =fx_none

Best CJ

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck_Jodry-VJPL View Post
    To remove any unwanted effects from wing vortex to touchdown sparks one need only add "fx_none" for the listed entry , as seen below from a sim.cfg in a watercraft.

[Effects]
    wake = fx_wake_l
    wake =fx_none

Best CJ
    Thanks, Chuck, works a treat! Good to hear from you; it's been a long time from the FFDS days!

Best, Paul

Members who have read this thread: 0