C-47 from Manfred Jahn and team - Page 5
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121315 ... LastLast

Thread: C-47 from Manfred Jahn and team

Charter Member 2015
    Please accept my heartfelt appreciation to the entire team who have brought us these magnificent works of art.
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Was able to download yesterday, but won't get it loaded or flown until this weekend. Want to thank everyone on the team for these great birds. I'm sure I will be very pleased with them.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

To Manfred, Gman, TuFun, and all the members of the dev team..........words can't express my appreciation for what you've done for the community so....!!!!!!!!!

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by OleBoy View Post
    Something I notice, is the tail wheel does not have a rolling animation.
    Good grief you are right. Now it seems the SOH community acts as beta/alpha testers as well... Anyway, here is a quick fix. I will ask the librarian to also update the base pack if possible.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9s7c2ufa67...ilwheelfix.zip

Thanks Don!

Manfred

cockpit problem

I just downloaded and installed the C-47, it looks great. The cockpits is working in this install.

The issue comes with the MJ C-47 Texture Basepak. The planes show up in the menu and work in game.

On some of the planes the inside cockpit panel is black, not placards, paint nothing, just the toggle switches and gauges.

What did I do?

Quote Originally Posted by Steven190 View Post
    I just downloaded and installed the C-47, it looks great. The cockpits is working in this install.

The issue comes with the MJ C-47 Texture Basepak. The planes show up in the menu and work in game.

On some of the planes the inside cockpit panel is black, not placards, paint nothing, just the toggle switches and gauges.

What did I do?
    The texture.cfg file, inside the additional texture forders, points to either the texture.clean and texture.weather folder. I assume the textures for the VC are missing in one of those folders, or perhaps even both.

The easiest way to correct this is to copy the files inside the texture folder into the texture.clean and texture.weather folders and select no when your computer asks you whether you should overwrite the files.

I hope this makes some sense

Cheers,
    Huub

Thanks Huub, I have the same issue and just knew it was something I did wrong.

I have to add my voice in gratitude to Manfred, gman and all for creating this fine aircraft and sharing her with all of us.
    Best regards,
    Jim T.
    USAF ret. ECM (Old Crow)

Blog Entries
    The black textures indicate that there is no file for the sim to paint the object with.

Try re-installing the basic file from Manfred Jahn without my texture pack. Test the airplane in FSX and verify that everything displays correctly. Boot out of FSX and add my texture pak. Boot back into FSX and you should be good to go.
    If not let me know here.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

No sound in centre of VC

Heartfelt thanks to Manfred and the whole team!

I have a strange problem with the sound in the Virtual Cockpit. (Sound.cfg is aliased to the stock DC-3). When I pan left, right and down, I can hear the appropriate sound track. But when the view is dead centre or up, complete silence. This is with wireless headphones - I will check with my speakers.

[Update: Same thing with the speakers]

It's as if the left and right channels are inverted, or cancelling each other out. Or, as if the sound files are missing a centre channel

This is the only FSX plane on my system that has this problem. [update: Just tried the stock Beech Baron 58 twin. No such problem.]

Has anybody else seen this?

Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    The black textures indicate that there is no file for the sim to paint the object with.

Try re-installing the basic file from Manfred Jahn without my texture pack. Test the airplane in FSX and verify that everything displays correctly. Boot out of FSX and add my texture pak. Boot back into FSX and you should be good to go.
    If not let me know here.

Thanks will try these tonight

Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post

If not let me know here.
    G,

I assume the textures for the VC are not in your texture.clean and texture.weather folders. As the texture configuration files in your additional texture folders does point to eithre the clean or weathered version, it can not find the textures for the VC. When I read Steven190's post correctly he only has problems with the textures form the base pack.

Cheers,
    Huub

Adding my thanks,

The C-47 you did is a real treat to start up thanks to the new sound set, and handles like a dream in the air. I have only had a few short flights but I am enjoying each from start to stop.

Thank you for the great investment of time and thought that you put into this plane. I am grateful.

good flights, Cal

Quote Originally Posted by ramjet View Post
    The C-47 you did is a real treat to start up thanks to the new sound set, and handles like a dream in the air. I have only had a few short flights but I am enjoying each from start to stop.

Thank you for the great investment of time and thought that you put into this plane. I am grateful.

good flights, Cal
    Nothing to add.
    An unbelievable and outstanding work!
    Thank you to all,who made this possible.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Steven190 View Post

What did I do?
    I had that problem when I first installed the texture pack. When I copied both the texture.clean and textured.weather to the aircraft's main folder, (Douglas_C-47_V2) all the black textures went away

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    G,

I assume the textures for the VC are not in your texture.clean and texture.weather folders. As the texture configuration files in your additional texture folders does point to eithre the clean or weathered version, it can not find the textures for the VC. When I read Steven190's post correctly he only has problems with the textures form the base pack.

Cheers,
    Huub
    '

No worries Huub, I'll clarify here so folks can get an idea of the syntax.

The texture folder has a series of files for the VC including the panel, side panels, seat walls etc. Those are specific to the generic airplane. The texture.clean and texture.weathered files each have their own specific files for their respective cockpit components. The texture.cfg file in each individual aircraft texture file will point that aircraft to it's specific interior. The stock texture from Manfred Jahn has a perfect clean interior with perfect blue seats. My texture.clean file has a clean cockpit with light wear and gray blue seats. The texture.weathered file has the worn cockpit with the leather seats.

If anyone gets into trouble with their install, it's easy enough to fix. Just delete everything and re-install the Manfred Jahn C-47 and then install my skins, or other skins from JanKees or other painters after the initial install. This seems to be the best method.

For the first flight, be sure to fly the DAK with only the first MJ pak installed to verify the engine startup and other custom features of the airplane. If you have installed TuFun's sound pak, verify that the sound is correct. Once everything checks out, the skins packages should be a simple drag and drop with the normal mods to the aircraft.cfg.

This is a sophisticated package regardless of the fact that it is freeware. The install should be straightforward, but care should be taken to ensure that you receive all of the benefits of the work that went into the old girl.

G.....
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

My Thanks to Manfred, and everyone else who helped with this Masterpiece of Freeware.:salute:

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

wow, excellent screenshot!
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Using V1.2 repaints with V2

Will the V1.2 repaints work with the new V2 release of the C47 and same question for the C-117?

I would imagine that a little modification/edit would be required in the aircraft.cfg file to match entries of the other V2 liveries.

Thanks

For the C-47 V2, paints created prior to Oct 2013 will have to be adjusted on sheets _1_T and _1_T_spec (conversion kit in basepack). And yes, [fltsim] sections in aircraft.cfg need to be adjusted as well, following the pattern of the reference aircraft.

For the C-117 paints created prior to V2 should basically be OK, compare chenges made to the reference paint USN_17191.

Hi,
    I posted this to the discussion thread for the C47 V2 but it looks like I put it in the wrong spot and can't delete it so I'm re-posting it here.
    Great looking airplane! :salute:Thanks... However it won't start.
    I printed out the Engine Start Procedure and followed it to a tee, but the engines still won't start. Not even a putt, flicker or spark of life.
    Ideas or suggestions?

Thanks,
    Alan

FSX/Acceleration
    Win 7
    64 bit

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsup View Post
    Hi,
    I posted this to the discussion thread for the C47 V2 but it looks like I put it in the wrong spot and can't delete it so I'm re-posting it here.
    I printed out the Engine Start Procedure and followed it to a tee, but the engines still won't start. Not even a putt, flicker or spark of life.
    Ideas or suggestions?

Thanks,
    Alan

FSX/Acceleration
    Win 7
    64 bit
    Hi, is your default flight with a default aircraft?
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsup View Post
    Hi,
    Ideas or suggestions?

Thanks,
    Alan

FSX/Acceleration
    Win 7
    64 bit
    Assign a key or a joystick button to the aircraft reset function in FSX and after you load the C47 use this key. It resets in a second or so and then you can go through the startup. This did it for me anyways.

Steve

Just wanted to add my thanks to all those who helped create these beauties. They are at least comparable to and in many respects better than some pay-ware aircraft available at the moment - and all for free!

Cheers

Taff
    The grass is always greener on the other side...

But, it's just as hard to mow!

two weathered VC texture sets

Thanks to all that made this an outstanding success.

Looking for Gmans two weathered VC texture sets as mentioned in the basepack readme of the FSX Douglas C-47 Skytrain V2

(VCtextures_C47.zip)

Thanks
    :salute:

Is there a way to adjust the exterior camera spot view magnification? If I zoom back it looks like a wide angle camera shot.

Members who have read this thread: 168