Flying Stations Buccaneer S2 out now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Flying Stations Buccaneer S2 out now

Charter Member 2015

Flying Stations Buccaneer S2 out now

http://store.payloadz.com/details/18...r_s2_pack.html

Downloading now but it'll be the weekend before I get to test it.

I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Charter Member 2015
    Just noticed that XV863 is included!
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Only $15? Buying this weekend when I have time to play it, unless you guys say it makes your computer explode or something. Nice!

Will get it at the weekend.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    Only $15? Buying this weekend when I have time to play it, unless you guys say it makes your computer explode or something. Nice!
    Comparable FPS wise with their S.1. Many more options for weapons/stores - and what truly made my day - the recce pod!

Only had literally 10 min to do a quick hop - superb so far - many thanks Skippy, Fraser, and company!

DL

At last, the definitive Banana Bomber. Feared by F-4 crews the world over.

Only USD15? A bargain.

The S2 used the same offset TACAN and strip ASI as fitted to the later Lightnings.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by dhazelgrove View Post
    Feared by F-4 crews the world over.
    Because they fly so low that the APQ-72/AWG-10B has trouble picking them up?

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Because they fly so low that the APQ-72/AWG-10B has trouble picking them up?
    No. It's because being 'bounced' by a Banana Bomber and having your photo taken as proof resulted in a huge increase in the cost of your mess bill - not to mention the embarrassment of having to admit that you had a Mk.1 eyeball failure (your eyes were shut).

Dave

Shockingly, despite checking about three times, because I'd noticed it earlier, there's a slight issue with the installer. For some reason there's a texture missing from the S2D paint which makes the armament panel look odd, the solution is to copy the Cockpit01.dds from texture.Granby to texture.809R.

I'll attempt to update the download tonight.

No. It's because being 'bounced' by a Banana Bomber and having your photo taken as proof resulted in a huge increase in the cost of your mess bill - not to mention the embarrassment of having to admit that you had a Mk.1 eyeball failure (your eyes were shut).
    Sounds cool, is that documented somewhere?

At last, the definitive Banana Bomber. Feared by F-4 crews the world over.

Only USD15? A bargain.

The S2 used the same offset TACAN and strip ASI as fitted to the later Lightnings.

Dave
    Was called IFIS, integrated flight instrumentation system.

Long before EFIS lol!

Ttfn

Pete

( former q-ABC-a Bucc fixer!)

What have I missed in the manual? Ctl.+E won't start it and neither will the starter button. Is there an EPU switch I can't find?? It's showing on external view. Have to fire up the Viggi first, select the Bucc and then go fly. All very embarassing!

DaveQ (or DIM for short!!)
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

It's funny how a new product will have you digging into FSX settings when things are not as expected.

I've taken about seven short flights so far to figure things out, and to be honest I'm not even sure how I got the jet started on a couple of occasions. But once started its fun to fly.

The first thing I fixed was my throttle sensitivity. I was only getting a range between 4% and 96%, and thought it was preventing me from a cold startup. That's now fixed, but just in case make sure your throttles are at 0% before going through the startup procedures.

What seems to work for me is to hit Ctrl-Shift-F4 to make sure the Mixture is at full rich. Yeah, I know this is a jet but it did give me a clean, cold startup from there.

The only other quirk I've noticed are the avionics. I have to use a hotkey to turn them on. Related to that the COM1 seems to hang from time to time. I just finished a flight to KBFI and when acknowledging Ground Control to taxi, the radio did not respond when I selected the 1 (one) key. It eventually did return, but I noticed the same issue in earlier flights when trying to contact the tower to land. Not sure if its the a/c or something else more in general, so it's time for more experimenting. Weird.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    What seems to work for me is to hit Ctrl-Shift-F4 to make sure the Mixture is at full rich. Yeah, I know this is a jet but it did give me a clean, cold startup from there.
    This seems to be a common bug as I get it with other add-ons as well.

I'll check that out, the S1 had some xml code to prevent that but it was pointed out that it was event flooding, I may have been over enthusiastic in fixing it! I think the starter buttons set the mixture to full auto-magically, although you'll have to move the eye point around a bit to find them thanks to the 'ergonomics' of the Bucc's cockpit.

$15US is a great price for a brand new model. Wanted to
    look first at the pilot's notes pdf file but the link is broken.
    :ernae:

Good spot, I'll see if we can get it sorted.

Charter Member 2012
    A work in progress

XW988 belonged to RAE West Freugh, the scheme depicted shows the aircraft in the RAE colours prior to going to the Raspberry Ripple scheme.

West Freugh had 3 Buccs in their inventory especially built for test use. These aircraft kept the small S1 type bomb bays and no facility for IFR.

Bruce

I took her out for a quick flight yesterday and had some strange problems. (beautiful bird!)

(All problems were with hardware lever input)
    - Speed brake axis was inverted, but functioned normally otherwise.
    - Flap axis was mostly normal, except that flaps were fully closed at ~15% position, and full down at both 0% and 100% positions
    - Ele Trim axis was inverted, except above ~%90 nose up (input) it switched from nose down output to 100% nose up output and caused an almost immediate stall.

Also, for one of the three sessions the master caution went off, but wouldn't clear even when all the individual lights on the MCP were off (and I was pressing C). Very cool change in pitch on the master caution alarm though!

Kindest Regards,
    John

P.S. Slick repaint Bruce!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
    I took her out for a quick flight yesterday and had some strange problems. (beautiful bird!)

- Flap axis was mostly normal, except that flaps were fully closed at ~15% position, and full down at both 0% and 100% positions
    - Ele Trim axis was inverted, except above ~%90 nose up (input) it switched from nose down output to 100% nose up output and caused an almost immediate stall.

Also, for one of the three sessions the master caution went off, but wouldn't clear even when all the individual lights on the MCP were off (and I was pressing C). Very cool change in pitch on the master caution alarm though!

Kindest Regards,
    John

Hmm, not sure what's up with the speed brake as that's a direct read from the control axis.

The flaps go in steps and there's a bit of behind the scenes work going on to match up the lift increase with the various combinations of flap and aileron droop you can set, hence fully closed by ~15%. However it sounds like it may be reading some sort of wrap round when the axis gets to 0%, have you tried assigning them to a different axis to see if it's caused by the controller? I'll have to check the logic in the code to see if I did something stupid, although it hasn't changed since the S1.

If you're having issues with the elevator trim, open the loading panel and click one of the arrows in the top left corner, it should now say FSUIPC instead of FSX. This basically sends the input direct to FSX rather than scaling it in the gauge to emulate the change in tail effectiveness as the flap goes up. It says FSUIPC as I know some users of that have issues if a gauge intercepts axis it's already controlling.

Quote Originally Posted by bruce448 View Post
    A work in progress

XW988 belonged to RAE West Freugh, the scheme depicted shows the aircraft in the RAE colours prior to going to the Raspberry Ripple scheme.

West Freugh had 3 Buccs in their inventory especially built for test use. These aircraft kept the small S1 type bomb bays and no facility for IFR.

Bruce
    Actually you mean non tanked bomb door, the carrying capacity for munitions was same.

Flight refuelling probe was a bolt-on.

We used to keep a few slick doors for emergency replacement when the tanked doors leaked fuel.!

XN 974 was last Bucc I worked, a Bae/Rae test hack from West Freugh.

Ttfn

Pete

19 posts and no any VC picture ? It will be nice to compare with free Buccaneer S.2 of UKMIL - http://www.rikoooo.com/en/downloads/viewdownload/65/532 .

Bests!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

As an avid S.1 fan and having known not to try a ski jump with a "heavy" load shall we say.. I'm now looking forward to much more thrust with the Spey's. Many thanks to The Flying Stations Guys and all that took part! If I can say one thing is that tonight I'm posting now with the New S.2 on the catapult, (paused fsx but ready to go), I've got that buzz that we get from a new bird, and If "Rich" is up there then this is for you mate!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jv8prm4mGEQ

Best 2nd gen Low level tactical nuclear bomber ever, Thank you Flying Stations, one and all! :salute:

.. Shall post results!
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnC View Post

Kindest Regards,
    John

If you re-download the installer, I've updated the gauge that controls the trim axis. Mostly by adding a minus sign...

Those darn polarities!

:ernae:

Members who have read this thread: 10