FS2004 Screenshots Here!!! - Page 145
Page 145 of 155 FirstFirst ... 4595135137138139140141142143144145146147148149150151152153 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,625 of 3875

Thread: FS2004 Screenshots Here!!!

Lightbulb A not very scientific way of measuring

I used a not very scientific (and perhaps not completely reliable) way of checking the the diameter of the propeller.

I took a head-on screenshot from the AH Spitfire. And measured the the wingspan, which was 1400 pixels. Than I draw a circle around the propeller and measured the diameter, which was 500 pixels.
    The wingspan of the real Spitfire Mk.Ia was 36ft 10", which is 9.12 m in the metric world. 9.12 / 1400 * 500 = 3.26 m.

So based on this somewhat debatable method, the diameter of the propeller is actually quite accurate.

And as you can see below the dimension of the propeller from the A2A model is about the same, while the shape of the prop blades on the AH model is more accurate.

Cheers,
    Huub

It's almost like the designed it so the inner most guns were just outside the prop radius!!

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Rat View Post
    It's almost like the designed it so the inner most guns were just outside the prop radius!!
    Nah Jamie, That's most probably just coincidence

Cheers,
    Huub

Race On Huub!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Glos_napier1.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	88.6 KB 
ID:	91937

Gloster Napier from the Virtual Schneider project

ttfn

Pete

Wait for me!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SM.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	554.1 KB 
ID:	91943

Savoia Marchetti S65, VSP
    Andy

It is indeed the Supermarine S6 from the 1929 Schneider trophy package.

I always liked the model, but personally I thought the blue was far too bright and the alpha made the aluminium far too shiny (Especially compared with the unrestored one in the London Science Museum). So I decided to give the model a new coat. I thought it would be a quick job, but it actually took much longer than I had expected.

Well judge for yourself, the original:

And my attempt to make it look a bit more realistic:

And next to that, I have the fastest of them all.....

The Macchi-Castoldi MC.72 by Giovanni Clemente

When somebody is still interested I can upload the Supermarine S6b repaint.

Cheers,
    Huub

Oh, yes please, sir! I do hope you'll upload your efforts.

KB

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post

When somebody is still interested I can upload the Supermarine S6b repaint.

Cheers,
    Huub

Blog Entries
    I second Bookman.

Sticking with Supermarine products...

As Alan Deere's Spitfire has been repainted enough, I have chosen an other aircraft from the same No.54 Squadron. The Spitfire R6709 coded KL-T was flown by the New Zealand Pilot Officer Colin Gray. Colin Gray got his first kill on May 25th 1940, when he shot a Bf109E over Gravelines near Dunkirk. He finished the war as Wing Commander with 27 kills, two shared, six probable and four shared probable kills. This score makes him the top scoring New Zealand fighter ace of the Second World War.

The scenery is a Maunsell Army fort from Ian Elliot's Thames fort package. In a simulator the impossible is possible. As the aircraft flew spring 1940, while the Army Fortresses were not build before 1943! Spitfire R6709 (by then in use by 313 Sqn) was written off after an accident at RAF Martlesham Heath, 26 June 1941.

The model is a the AH/Justflight Spitfire Mk.I. I have modified the model and removed all gloss/shine. A fully working demo from this model (non-modified) can be downloaded here : https://www.justflight.com/product/spitfire-download

Cheers,
    Huub

Personally I like a touch of gloss

So here the R6709 with the original AH model file.

A repaint is never ready until you start to over do things. But I think I will soon upload this repaint. (Once I have sorted out what I messed up....)

Cheers,
    Huub

And the next one is nearly there as well

Another Spitfire which was active during the Battle for France.

The Spitfire N3250 flown by Pilot Officer Allan Wright of 92 Squadron. The unit retained their pre-war GR unit code, until the switch was made to QJ. The aircraft had the standard "day/night" bottom wing surfaces while the rest of the bottom surfaces was aluminium.During WWII Allan Wright was credited 11 confirmed kills.

Again as soon as I found out what I messed up, I will upload this one as well

Cheers,
    Huub

No 610 Squadron RAF County of Chester

(Picture IWM)

Cheers,
    Huub

It is indeed the Supermarine S6 from the 1929 Schneider trophy package.

I always liked the model, but personally I thought the blue was far too bright and the alpha made the aluminium far too shiny (Especially compared with the unrestored one in the London Science Museum). So I decided to give the model a new coat. I thought it would be a quick job, but it actually took much longer than I had expected.

And next to that, I have the fastest of them all.....

The Macchi-Castoldi MC.72 by Giovanni Clemente
    Like the S6's blue, I find the red a bit unrealistic. The red on your Re.2005 would be better in my opinion. I think all of the Schneider racers could use some of your skills!
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by KC013 View Post
    Like the S6's blue, I find the red a bit unrealistic. The red on your Re.2005 would be better in my opinion. I think all of the Schneider racers could use some of your skills!
    Thanks for the kind words KC013, and I can assure you there are several Schneider 1929 aircraft on my to do list including some Italian aircraft. The Macchi-Castoldi MC,72 is not from the Schneider 1929 project but was done by Giovanni Clemente I have looked at many pictures of the original which is currently under restoration. And I think I have some ideas what I would like to improve on these textures.

But first I will try to finish the textures for the AH Spitfire I intended to do.

This one is available in the library already for a few days

And this one I have just uploaded a few minutes ago

We have reached August during the Battle of Britain, and the next repaints will have roundels on the bottom of the wings....

Cheers,
    Huub

At the time of the Battle of Britain the US Navy was flying around in color schemes like these:

Captain Kurt's CFS2 F4F-3 Wildcat working well in FS2004.
    Hartwig
    __________________________________________________ _____________

Quote Originally Posted by hawk_sh View Post
    At the time of the Battle of Britain the US Navy was flying around in color schemes like these:
    And they went to war that way! The insignia on the nose signifies participation in the euphemistically named "Neutrality Patrol," when the U.S. Navy assisted the Royal Navy in protecting convoys from the Kriegsmarine's Ubootwaffe in ways that sometimes erupted into small scale but deadly shooting matches. On the American side at least a destroyer was lost. The U.S. Navy's orders to participants were that any U-boat kills they might make should not be reported or recorded.

Cheers,
    Huub

One to go with Ian's RAF Hornchurch

And one to go with Ian's RAF Biggin Hill

Already before the war the RAF realised that it required bigger calibre shells to shoot down modern bombers, than even the "mighty" eight .303 (7.7 mm) machine guns on the Spitfire could deliver. Therefore in June 1939 the Spitfire L1007 was equipped with a French/Spanish Hispano HS404 20mm cannon in both wings. The cannons were used successfully on French fighters, where there were mounted to shoot thought the hollow propeller shaft. As the Spitfire slim wings weren't designed to carry cannons, the cannons had to be mounted on their side and bulges appeared to house the 60 rounds ammunition magazines. The combination was not very successful. This had multiple reasons, but the main reasons were the high G forces and flexing of the wings. But a licence to produce the guns in the UK was acquired and the cannon mounted Spitfire entered operational service with No.19 Squadron during the Battle of Britain. But as the problems with the cannons did persist, they were already withdrawn from the front line by end August again. By December the problems with the cannons were finally solved and the Mk.Ib Spitfire re-entered service with 92 squadron.
    After a difficult start the licence build Hispano cannon remained the standard RAF aircraft gun, on many different aircraft, until the end of the war.

I did a repaint for the AH Mk.Ib Spitfire. Sadly not the most accurate model, but I'm happy with the result.

Cheers,
    Huub

Patrol over Imphal, Assam province, India, May 44, cause you cant fly Spits all the time There's not a decent SEA skin for the AH hurri out there, but Thicko's CFS2 model works nice in FS9
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails H1.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by ian elliot View Post
    Patrol over Imphal, Assam province, India, May 44, cause you cant fly Spits all the time There's not a decent SEA skin for the AH hurri out there, but Thicko's CFS2 model works nice in FS9
    Try Robert Sanderson's..there's a few paints for that

There may not be a decent repaint, but there is of course this one.... with a great VC!

I really don't know whether and where is still available.

Cheers,
    Huub

Edit: I saw Motormouse was already ahead of me!

There may not be a decent repaint, but there is of course this one.... with a great VC!

I really don't know whether and where is still available.

Cheers,
    Huub

Edit: I saw Motormouse was already ahead of me!
    Right here Huub , ---> https://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforu...nks_search.php

Search ' Robert Sanderson' in the library , you'll find all of the Hurricane models

Ttfn

Pete

Members who have read this thread: 227