FS2004 Screenshots Here!!! - Page 152
Page 152 of 155 FirstFirst ... 52102142144145146147148149150151152153154155 LastLast
Results 3,776 to 3,800 of 3875

Thread: FS2004 Screenshots Here!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zswobbie1 View Post
    Great picture, thanks for sharing.
    Golden Hawaii, it must be..
    FS2004 ROCKS!!
    Thanks.

Well, it started out as Golden Hawaii, which I have the rest of installed. But Pearl Harbor in Golden Hawaii is grossly inaccurate. For one thing, it's set in the very early thirties, with old, pre-moderization battleships, Ford Island as a grass field, biplane Curtiss fighters and a blimp base with AI blimps. All completely wrong. The Naval Air Station on Ford Island started out paved; there was very little Navy activity there in the early thirties, there were never Navy blimps in Hawaii - they sent one there once for a few minutes and quickly found that the blimp couldn't handle the Pacific trade winds. And those anachronistic old lattice-masted battleships aren't tied up on the Battleship Row wharf along Ford Island, they're moored out in the middle of the loch.

I kept the rest of Golden Hawaii but I removed all of Bill Lyons' Pearl Harbor stuff, made an AFCAD to pave the air station on Ford Island, tied up a flotilla of Paul Clawson's Idaho-class battlewagons along Battleship Row on Ford Island, and placed a bunch of buildings and stuff from scenery libraries to represent - very roughly - the air station as it was around 1940, with period correct aircraft made into scenery objects. I also moored an Idaho out in the middle of the inner part of the loch to fly Kingfishers from its catapults. In general it's far less in-authentic than the Golden Hawaii Pearl Harbor, but it's nothing like accurate in detail. I also made a rough approximation of Hickam Field across the loch, but the only part of that's at all realistic is the AFCAD parts - runways, taxiways and ramps.

It's nothing like the authenticity I seek in the models David and I make, but it was fun to fly there - back in the old days when I actually had some time to fly, much less fiddle with scenery.

Members +
    You've done a fantastic job by upping the immersion factor. We can really make our sim as real as we want...
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    Here's Shessi's Hall Aluminum PH-1 taking off from Fleet Air Base Pearl Harbor, Hawaii some time in the middle thirties with
    Battleship Row on Ford I
    Mick, are you going to upload that VP-8 paint job?

Quote Originally Posted by TARPSBird View Post
    Mick, are you going to upload that VP-8 paint job?
    I put the skins up last evening, so they should appear on the download page as soon as one of the librarians gets a chance to do an update. I know it went up because I can see it on the download page - the one who uploads a file can see it before the librarians do their thing, but nobody else can see it yet. I suppose it works that way so the uploader can see that the upload was successful.

Thanks muchly Mick....

S

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    I put the skins up last evening, so they should appear on the download page as soon as one of the librarians gets a chance to do an update.
    I see them today. Thanks, Mick!

Quote Originally Posted by zswobbie1 View Post
    Great picture, thanks for sharing.
    Golden Hawaii, it must be..
    FS2004 ROCKS!!
    Here are a couple shots of my Golden Pearl Harbor.

First, a wider view of Ford Island. As you can see, there wasn't much else but pavement on Ford Island by the end of the thirties. You can see Battleship Row on the east side and Carrier Row on the west. Everyone's heard and read of Battleship Row. Carrier Row isn't as well known, presumably because it was vacant on a certain Sunday morning in December 1941.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NAS Pearl.png 
Views:	19 
Size:	446.1 KB 
ID:	93538

The little dots are the aircraft scattered around the field.

This one is Hickam Field, across the loch from Ford Island.

Name:	Hickham Field.png 
Views:	19 
Size:	679.7 KB 
ID:	93540

I don't know why they've always called the bays in Pearl Harbor lochs. That's the Scottish word for lake. They weren't lakes, they were parts of a salt water harbor connected to the sea, not lakes.

As I mentioned my post above, the paved areas are historical but the details are just rough approximations.
    Last edited by Mick; March 22nd, 2024 at 11:06.

Evolution

The donationware P51 B/C with a repaint by Sopwith Chameleon. I really loved the model when it was released, although it actually looks so simple now. I think I paid $2 for it...... Now it has become freeware.

The Skyunlimited P51 B/C the repaint is most likely done by John "Bomber_12th" Terrell. I bought this set mainly for the early versions.

And the ultimate version of the P51 B/C for FS2004. The Warbirdsim model with a default repaint. Absolutely one of the best models done for FS2004!

Cheers,
    Huub

Members +
    Hi Huub,
    I'm trying to find the The donationware P51 B/C. Is it the one in the Donationware library?
    The
    Skyunlimited P51 B/C & Warbirdsim... Where can I dind those? Payware or freeware?

I found Robert Dial's P-51, mainly for the Pink Floyd Eclipse texture for it.

Before my laptop was 'stolen' I had all of them.. 'Sigh'..
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

Hi Robin,

The donationware P51 can be found in the donationware section of our library. There are two versions. The one with the birdcage canopy and the version with the Malcolm hood. Add-Ons Library - FS9 - SOH Forum (sim-outhouse.com)
    There are loads of repaints for these models.

The Skyunlimited P51 is most likely not available anymore (at least not that I'm aware of). I purchased it for the A-36 and early P51/Mustang versions. But this gap has been filled by Allen's recent CFS2 conversions of the stock CFS3 P51 model. The SU P51 B/C is superior to the donationware model. But for me the donationware model is more attractive due to the large amount of repaints.

The Warbirdsim model is still payware, although the FS2004 version is hard to find and quite expensive. There are two sets. WarbirdSim Mustang P51 B C & III Fighter Leader I and the WarbirdSim Mustang P51 B C & III Fighter Leader II set. The Leader I set is the set with droptanks and the Leader II set has bombs and contains a F-6C reconnaissance version. Both have different contain different liveries, but there are plenty repaints available in the library.

I was able to find the leader I set at PC Aviator ( PC Aviator - The Flight Simulation Company! ), although it is advertised with pictures from the leader II set! (The description is correct)
    The leader II set can be found at SimShack ( North American P-51 Mustang Fighter Leader II for FS2004 by Warbirdsim (simshack.net) ).

Since I have purchased the Warbirdsim version I didn't do much with other models anymore. This model is really among the very best models ever made for FS2004!

Cheers,
    Huub

Members +
    Thanks for all that info. Just what I wanted.
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    The donationware P51 B/C with a repaint by Sopwith Chameleon. I really loved the model when it was released, although it actually looks so simple now. I think I paid $2 for it...... Now it has become freeware.

The Skyunlimited P51 B/C the repaint is most likely done by John "Bomber_12th" Terrell. I bought this set mainly for the early versions.

And the ultimate version of the P51 B/C for FS2004. The Warbirdsim model with a default repaint. Absolutely one of the best models done for FS2004!

Cheers,
    Huub
    Wow - great pictures - especially "Princess Elizabeth"

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post

Cheers,
    Huub

Thanks Huub ! Nice to see my stuff still out there _ its been a loooooong time !

Pearl Harbor looks slightly different with my Golden Hawaii.

The Kellet is taking off as AI from the roof of the fictious "Aloha Gazette" building.

Bernard

Quote Originally Posted by Sopwith Chameleon View Post
    Thanks Huub ! Nice to see my stuff still out there _ its been a loooooong time !
    SC,

Thanks for all your nice repaints . They survived time!

Huub

Quote Originally Posted by Rawsthorne View Post
    The 'target' planes in my earlier Mig 21 shots are from another CD set featuring Cold War aircraft - I'll to look for it today - I seem to recall that it was for FS2 as well as FS9 and that the virtual cockpits were crude but the rest of it very nice; very good for setting up these 'interception' scenarios for the Sabre and the Mig etc. Btw, both of those were freebies from PC Pilot Magazine and I can supply full details of the fantastic F-86 (by "SectionF8" if you want
    They are from Just Flight's "Air Power Cold War" for Flight Simulator 98 & 2000 AND CFS2 with "29 legendary aircraft". You do get the option of loading them into a more recent sim while going through the installation, so I opted for FS9. Unfortunately what you get then are models which look crude up close and with bits missing (the Yak takes off without its undercarriage and the Vulcan has an airbrake stuck in the open position). BUT - they look just great from a distance so make good enemy aircraft for your screenshots

This Air Power disc was one of three in one of those old red box sets which also includes CFSww2 Europe and Pacific Command Pilot

Quick question for Huub Vink, was wondering if you have tried to convert the Warbirdsim model to CFS2? Would be happy to purchase the Warbirdsim version if I thought it would convert into CFS2. I'm still flying that old sim and have the SU P-51's and enjoy them, but can never have enough.

BTW, Sopwith Chameleon, I use many of your repaints for CFS2 and believe the are among the finest available for the CFS2! They look great after all this time.

msfossey

valiant bolt-hole

Name:	Valiants_1.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	83.4 KB 
ID:	93597

Another ez scenery WIP, rejuvenating a disused airfield ; one of the V Bomber 'Dispersal' bases (aka bolt hole)

ttfn

Pete

somewhere in the North Sea (just for Huub)

Name:	NL_2.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	45.6 KB 
ID:	93599Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NL_1.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	58.8 KB 
ID:	93598

SOH S2F. Steve Beeny's Hawker Sea Hawk which you can still get from here ------> https://www.nazcastudios.com/sea-hawk/

NL2000 background scenery, and carrier Karel Doorman

ttfn

Pete

Mig-25 'Foxbat' by AlphaSim

F-86 Sabre by SectionF8 (PC Pilot issue 59 freeware)

The Russian is from Wings of Power collection "The Cold War"

Antonov An-12 "Cub" for FS9; Vladimir Zhyhalskiy

PC Pilot issue 62

Hawker Nimrod by Ted Cook

PC Pilot freeware (issue 51)

Quote Originally Posted by leuen View Post
    Pearl Harbor looks slightly different with my Golden Hawaii.

The Kellet is taking off as AI from the roof of the fictious "Aloha Gazette" building.

Bernard
    Glad I was poking around here! I have the Pitcarin Autogiro from GAS, this'll make a nice addition!

Members who have read this thread: 227