FS2004 Screenshots Here!!! - Page 133
Page 133 of 153 FirstFirst ... 3383123125126127128129130131132133134135136137138139140141143 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,325 of 3818

Thread: FS2004 Screenshots Here!!!

Icon5

RAF Kenley.....?

Shessi

Quote Originally Posted by Shessi View Post
    RAF Kenley.....?

Shessi
    Kenley indeed

Ttfn

Pete

Enjoying the last weekend of my summer holidays. I finished this one which was on my to-do list for a very long time. It is the He-100 V8 prototype with its civil registration. I will upload it soon(ish).

Cheers,
    Huub

Blog Entries
    Beautifully done Huub. I like civil liveries such as this.

From the D-IDGH, it is a small step to this one:

However it is very doubtful whether this aircraft ever flew with this pseudo military registration. When you look closely at the picture below, you can clearly see that the the military registration was painted on a paper banner which was taped over the original civil registration.

People did a lot to fool the enemy in those days

Cheers,
    Huub

Oops

Often it is good to make screenshots. I suddenly noticed the numbers at the wings were the wrong way around......

Cheers,
    Huub

taking the doggie out

for a spin round Lincolnshire; (PSS FS2002 freeware!) here's a n other ez scenery creation I'm playing with ; anyone know where?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bulldog_1.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	165.2 KB 
ID:	88423

ttfn

Pete

What do you think?

Was the German one really the inspiration for the Japanese one? Or is it just coincidence they look alike?

Cheers,
    Huub

The Germans did send over a U-Boat with a consignment of Daimler-Benz engine's, and the Japanese made good use of them

They sure did......

A short and fast Japanese Heinkel replica........

North American B-45A Tornado. This one was used for cold weather testing in Alaska. I has the very early frameless canopy that looked sleek but tended to blow out under pressure at altitude. On the way back to Eglin AFB from Alaska it stopped at the the factory to have its new framed canopy installed.

Name:	Cold Weather Test.JPG 
Views:	44 
Size:	58.0 KB 
ID:	88531

You may have to click the thumbnail to see the full sized image. Or not. I don’t know why.

The B-45 was the first real jet bomber in service with any air force in the world. That title is often awarded to the Arado Ar.234 Blitz, but the 234 was a single seat light attack plane the size of a P-38 Lightning with the bomb load of an F4U Corsair. If it had a gun it could've been called a fighter-bomber. The Tornado was a multi-crew, four engine bomber with theater-scale range and the bomb load of a Lancaster. (It was able to carry and deliver the 22,000 pound Grand Slam bomb, though apparently the USAF never acquired any of them.)

The B-45 project remains on hold until I get a real computer with FS and all my other software installed and working. I have some hope that it's now weeks, rather than months, before that will be done. Meanwhile I've retrieved some screenies of the skins I completed before my old rig went belly up.

Because sometimes emojis speak louder than words!

Jorge
    Miami, FL

Fantastic mick, Dave’s done a great job on the b45
    Alex

Brisbane, Australia

Thanks for the kind words!

There are numerous models. B-45A, B-45C, RB-45C with various armament configurations, TB-45 target tugs, all with the usual plethora of authentic skins. I think it’s over a dozen models.

The B-45 is almost forgotten now, and was almost forgotten even before the end of its service life, but it had many significant accomplishments. First real jet bomber in active service, first jet to drop a live atomic bomb, NATO’s first and for several years only nuclear deterrent, first aircraft to use aerial refueling routinely in combat, first reconnaissance plane to fly deep penetration missions over the Warsaw Pact and the European USSR, the Peoples’ Republic of China and the Soviet Far East, and more that I can’t think of right now.

Not bad for a plane that was originally bought mostly to provide the Air Force with a cadre of experienced flyers and maintainers of multi-engined jets while garnering some publicity on the side.

Very interesting, didnt know how significant it was
    Alex

Brisbane, Australia

Quote Originally Posted by anels9 View Post
    Very interesting, didnt know how significant it was
    Even during its service life, even people in the Air Force didn’t realize how significant it was. In fact, many didn’t even recognize it when they saw one.

On one occasion a B-45 made a fuel stop at an Air Force base and the crew was surprised when ground control directed them to a spot on the main parking apron where they found a band and a reviewing stand with the base commander, his top officers, and dignitaries from the local community who gushed with comments and speeches to welcome what they all thought was the base’s first B-57 Intruder.

Another time a B-45 made an unplanned stop at a SAC base and the crew were arrested and confined by the base security police, who had not only not recognized it as a B-45, but not even as an Air Force plane. They were certain that they had protected the base from attack by a Russian bomber. Apparently they never pondered why a Russian bomber might land there rather than dropping a bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Was the German one really the inspiration for the Japanese one? Or is it just coincidence they look alike?

Cheers,
    Huub
    Hi Huub,

I honestly don't know, but (and this is a matter of taste of course), I prefer the lines of the Tony. It's a beautiful bird! And you did her justice with that paint!

Cheers,

Priller
    Windows 11 23H2 Enterprise Edition
    Intel i9 13900KF @ 5.8 GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro cooler
    G-Skill 32Gb DDR5 RAM 7600-36
    MSI Z790 Motherboard
    Nvidia RTX4090 Graphics Card
    Samsung 1TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 C: drive
    Samsung 2TB 980 EVO PCIe M.2 Data drive
    be quiet! Straight Power CM1000W PSU

SOH-CM-2023
    Some recent ones:

Sean

a touch of the Wanderwells

yep, I hadnt heard of her either; first woman to drive around the world, first to film a round the world flight and first to fly a floatplane in part of the Amazon basin while searching for the lost explorer Percy Fawcett

https://www.adventure-journal.com/20...fat-motor-oil/

the F13 is from Rara-Avis ; could do with some 'period' repaints; the Wanderwell's was/ were P-BAKA and P-BAJA

Name:	F13_1.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	173.9 KB 
ID:	88577

ttfn

Pete

Name:	RAF 52.JPG 
Views:	28 
Size:	60.1 KB 
ID:	88584

This RB-45C belonged to the USAir Force but was marked as a Royal Air Force plane and flown by an RAF crew for Operation Ju-Jitsu 1 in 1952, the first deep penetration reconnaissance of the western USSR. At the time NATO had announced that any Soviet attack on Western Europe would be met with nuclear retaliation against the USSR but that threat had no teeth until NATO planners knew where the targets were, and Ju-Jitsu was meant to find out.

Three planes flew routes towards Leningrad in the north, Moscow in the middle, and points south. A repeat mission was planned for 1953 but was canceled due to the death of Stalin; western leaders thought that the resulting instability in the USSR made the mission too provocative. It was repeated in 1954. After that, the CIA had the U-2 operational and no further deep penetrations by RB-45s were needed.

All USAF markings were removed from the Ju-Jitsu planes, but a few squadron markings remained, such as the hairy eyeball motif on the nose camera housing of this one.

looking forward to this one, fine work there Mick It looks like your missing some texture's if thats my scenery in the background, you'll need my Manston 45 scenery installed, an airfield visited by 45's regularly during the 1950's

Quote Originally Posted by ian elliot View Post
    looking forward to this one, fine work there Mick It looks like your missing some texture's if thats my scenery in the background, you'll need my Manston 45 scenery installed, an airfield visited by 45's regularly during the 1950's
    Yes, that’s your Sculthorpe. Sculthorpe was the primary B-45 base for much of the type’s NATO service.

I’ll have to get those textures. I thought I had all your sceneries installed but apparently not. I didn’t notice anything wrong - I just thought that building in the background was painted white.

Unhappy

Name:	RAF 54.JPG 
Views:	23 
Size:	56.2 KB 
ID:	88586

Here’s a plane from the 1954 mission, Ju-Jitsu 3. (Ju-Jitsu 2 was the cancelled 1952 mission.). Again we see all USAF markings removed but a few squadron marks left in place.

Looking good Mick!

Jorge
    Miami, FL