Carenado C208B GRAND CARAVAN EX HD SERIES

Thread: Carenado C208B GRAND CARAVAN EX HD SERIES

Carenado C208B GRAND CARAVAN EX HD SERIES

Carenado has just released their latest.

This is simply a HU not an endorsement.

http://www.carenado.com/CarSite/Port...uct&correl=107

VCN-1

Quote Originally Posted by VCN-1 View Post
    Carenado has just released their latest.

This is simply a HU not an endorsement.

http://www.carenado.com/CarSite/Port...uct&correl=107

VCN-1

I would go for it...but I'm not gonna pay $38 for a full plane when I already have the first release. Looks great but....I'm happy with what I have for now. Maybe when they go on sale? Too bad it was offered as an upgrade package like the DUKE was.

I have purchased several Carenado products, and am quite happy with them. That said, I am not in the market for another C208 or any other G1000 airplane.

Charter Member 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by skyhawka4m View Post
    I would go for it...but I'm not gonna pay $38 for a full plane when I already have the first release. Looks great but....I'm happy with what I have for now. Maybe when they go on sale? Too bad it was offered as an upgrade package like the DUKE was.
    Hi Skyhawk - agree with you 100% I will give this a miss unless its vastly discounted!

I thought the Caravan was an odd choice for an HD upgrade, their previous Caravan not that old compared to others. I would think some of their older releases like their Mooney or old Piper/Cessna series could benefit more from HD upgrades. Would love to see their old Mooney M20J redone in HD with a Stolle FDE.

The new Caravan does look nice, but don't have a need for it in the hangar. Still very happy with Bill's old Kodiak for that type of plane.

Cheers
    TJ
    "The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

182RG would have been nice

No longer active
    Really ? Most probably everybody would complain, why another 182. Why not a 208 EX with the much higher performance than the standard 208....

Charter Member 2012
    I would still love a Cardinal RG!

Bernt you do good work but unfortunately it's JACG. (Just Another Carenando G1000).

They need to step up their avionics game. If they implemented Navigraph I would buy every one of their G1000 releases.
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Quote Originally Posted by ryanbatc View Post
    Bernt you do good work but unfortunately it's JACG. (Just Another Carenando G1000).

They need to step up their avionics game. If they implemented Navigraph I would buy every one of their G1000 releases.
    Ryan hit the nail on the head. Carenado is churning out beautiful aircraft that have no avionics substance. If Carenado inked a deal with Navigraph, and got a coder on board that could integrate that to their products, they would instantly become the PMDG of GA in fsx. Overall the aircraft they make are great. But that would make them outstanding. I still buy them and piggy-back my reality xp to drive the avionics, but c'mon, Carenado. It is time to take the next step.
    Matt

Charter Member 2014 HighGround22's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pilottj View Post
    . . . Would love to see their old Mooney M20J redone in HD with a Stolle FDE. . . .
    Oh man, I DO hear ya talkin'!!
    -Jon
    -------------
    If you try to fail,
    and you succeed,
    which have you done?

Members +
    Quote Originally Posted by bstolle View Post
    Really ? Most probably everybody would complain, why another 182. Why not a 208 EX with the much higher performance than the standard 208....
    Interested in that reply Bernt, since I can't seem to find anywhere on the Carenado EX product page if it does indeed include the performance enhancements, of if this release is just the added G1000 and the updated cabin.

Might be me, but marketing wise I would spell that out if I was the developper. Unless only a few of us are interested in that side of things. But the EX does have a nice boost over the standard 208.

Cheers!
    BigBry

No longer active
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBry View Post
    Interested in that reply Bernt, since I can't seem to find anywhere on the Carenado EX product page if it does indeed include the performance enhancements, of if this release is just the added G1000 and the updated cabin.
    Might be me, but marketing wise I would spell that out if I was the developper. Unless only a few of us are interested in that side of things. But the EX does have a nice boost over the standard 208.
    Just checked Carenados website and a quick glance revealed that they apparently never post any technical details in their product description.
    On the other hand, if you are interested in the EX, the first hit when typing 'caravan ex' into the google search is the original Cessna Caravan website whith lots of comparison data as well. http://www.cessna.com/caravan/grand-caravan-ex

They should do a (non Grand) Caravan amphib and also a Pilatus PC-12 NG. Those are two really versatile aircraft that also use the high end glass avionics.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    They should do a (non Grand) Caravan amphib and also a Pilatus PC-12 NG. Those are two really versatile aircraft that also use the high end glass avionics.
    Actually i dont think they should attempt more complex glass until they can do a G1000 properly, with navigraph updates, without killing frames. Its not impossible...It just requires a step up in programming skill.
    -JB

Indeed. Interesting to note that Flight1 has repeatedly declined requests to update their PC-12 (one of my most frequently flown GA a/c) to fully functional NG version as they say the work involved is too great to justify making/selling it.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Members +
    Quote Originally Posted by bstolle View Post
    Just checked Carenados website and a quick glance revealed that they apparently never post any technical details in their product description.
    On the other hand, if you are interested in the EX, the first hit when typing 'caravan ex' into the google search is the original Cessna Caravan website whith lots of comparison data as well. http://www.cessna.com/caravan/grand-caravan-ex
    I did that awhile ago Bernt! Actually, the first time I heard Carenado was working on the EX! Call me crazy, but I am considering buying this one. I think I will drop them an email to see if the performance updates are indeed included, or if it's just the G1000 and new interior slapped into their previous 208.

Cheers!
    BigBry

No longer active
    Performance matches the real world EX performance.

Members who have read this thread: 3