First Look: A2D-1 Sky Shark

Thread: First Look: A2D-1 Sky Shark

First Look: A2D-1 Sky Shark

This is a first look at my upcoming Douglas A2D-1 Sky Shark. The exterior is about 90% complete with preliminary textures. The interior is just getting started and the flight dynamics files need a lot of work. Fortunately (for once) I have excellent documentaion for this project thanks to several of you here at SOH.

Many thanks, Paul

Attachment 93817Attachment 93818

interesting!

Skyraider on the silly pill , I do wonder if the old raider could have been beaten , after all it did gain one hell of a record .
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Looks great Paul! :salute:

Looking very good, will keep my eye on this. Just out of interest, what 3D modelling software do you use - Gmax?

Regards,

Taff
    The grass is always greener on the other side...

But, it's just as hard to mow!

Looks great,Paul!
    Can`t wait.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by rgatkinson View Post
    Looking very good, will keep my eye on this. Just out of interest, what 3D modelling software do you use - Gmax?

Regards,

Taff
    Interesting you should ask; this model is being done in FSDSv3.51 and FSXTweak 2.81. I have used FSDS for over 12 years starting with v1. However, this will be my last FSDS model. My next 2 projects are started in Gmax which I have been slowly conquering for the last year. However, Gmax is not a lock for my next modeling program. I have been playing with Blender now that Arno Gerretson has modified ModelConX to read a Blender import and export to FSX. This is an ongoing project and it might not do everything until proven. Go to the FSDeveloper website and search on Blender to see the most recent stuff.
    I expect there to be a large amount of time between the A2D-1 and my next project as I continue the learning curves.:isadizzy::isadizzy:

Best, Paul

Woohoo, I always thought the Skyshark was a very cool looking airplane. Thanks for making this Paul.

Blog Entries

How about this one?

Quote Originally Posted by PutPut View Post
    This is a first look at my upcoming Douglas A2D-1 Sky Shark. The exterior is about 90% complete with preliminary textures. The interior is just getting started and the flight dynamics files need a lot of work. Fortunately (for once) I have excellent documentaion for this project thanks to several of you here at SOH.

Many thanks, Paul

Attachment 93817Attachment 93818
    I did this quite a while ago... and nobody seemed interested though I offered my redone textures..

Quote Originally Posted by gaucho_59 View Post
    I did this quite a while ago... and nobody seemed interested though I offered my redone textures..
    gaucho, is that Kazunori Ito's A2D modified for FSX? I'd be interested in it, and your textures too.

Blog Entries

Indeed...

Quote Originally Posted by TARPSBird View Post
    gaucho, is that Kazunori Ito's A2D modified for FSX? I'd be interested in it, and your textures too.
    Yes.. it is Master Ito's... I have made it a quest to do some decent repaints for a lot of Ito's models... the man really put out some
    fine, well detailed models... but unfortunately he is no "ace" when it comes to painting... I offered to collaborate with him a long time
    ago... to really produce "pay ware" quality stuff... but he was not interested in accurate painting... probably wanted his models to be
    STRICTLY of Ito manufacture... same goes for his 2D panels.... if you check my long trailing thread... you might find some interesting stuff...
    I am not much of a "publishing" dog... so all my repaints and re-dos are for personal use... but if you send me a PM I can make repaints
    available to you on a personal basis...

Cheers...

gaucho, thanks for your reply. PM sent. :salute:

Blog Entries

Question....

Quote Originally Posted by PutPut View Post
    Interesting you should ask; this model is being done in FSDSv3.51 and FSXTweak 2.81. I have used FSDS for over 12 years starting with v1. However, this will be my last FSDS model. My next 2 projects are started in Gmax which I have been slowly conquering for the last year. However, Gmax is not a lock for my next modeling program. I have been playing with Blender now that Arno Gerretson has modified ModelConX to read a Blender import and export to FSX. This is an ongoing project and it might not do everything until proven. Go to the FSDeveloper website and search on Blender to see the most recent stuff.
    I expect there to be a large amount of time between the A2D-1 and my next project as I continue the learning curves.:isadizzy::isadizzy:

Best, Paul
    How different from Ito's model is your upcoming production? Are you mapping things like inside wheel well covers and wheel wells, cockpit interior , etc.

Quote Originally Posted by gaucho_59 View Post
    How different from Ito's model is your upcoming production? Are you mapping things like inside wheel well covers and wheel wells, cockpit interior , etc.
    I don't have Ito's model so no comparison is possible. FSDS uses planar texturing rather than mapping as is often done in Gmax and 3ds, etc. (You can do planar texturing in Gmax if you desire) Everything you mention will be textured.

Best, Paul