FR Me-262 Special Edition Update Available

Thread: FR Me-262 Special Edition Update Available

FR Me-262 Special Edition Update Available

The free Special Edition Me-262a package for previous purchasers of any Flight Replicas Me-262 packages is now available.

For more info, please head on over to http://www.flight-replicas.com/Me-26...ition_Free.htm

Please note, your emails must have "FR Free Me-262a Special Edition Upgrade" as the subject line!

Mike

Thanks Mike :ernae:
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

Hello Mike! It´s me again. I´m installing the fde files to the old models, but i have a question.
    The new .air file is already in the old models but the .cfg has other values that are different from the new .cfg file. For example:
    In the reccon variable there are 3 CameraDefinition not in the new one .cfg. The same happens to the [LIGHT] section when there are lights to the front and rear VC.
    I don´t know if the new eyepoint view is correct for the two-seater version too. (I used the old one)

So, after reading the manual of the new version, and trying to install the FDE in the old version, i rolled back, because there are many other parameters that changes. (CameraDefs,lights,eyepoint view,AP,etc)

If i may suggest, it should be good that a complete set of the old 262 CFG´s be released with the new defs of the new CFG. (At least for the RARE TYPES because it´s where the more changes are visible)

Put this info in here because may be a valuable info for the other guys. :salute:
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -

Quote Originally Posted by flaviossa View Post
    Hello Mike! It´s me again. I´m installing the fde files to the old models, but i have a question.
    The new .air file is already in the old models but the .cfg has other values that are different from the new .cfg file. For example:
    In the reccon variable there are 3 CameraDefinition not in the new one .cfg. The same happens to the [LIGHT] section when there are lights to the front and rear VC.
    I don´t know if the new eyepoint view is correct for the two-seater version too. (I used the old one)

So, after reading the manual of the new version, and trying to install the FDE in the old version, i rolled back, because there are many other parameters that changes. (CameraDefs,lights,eyepoint view,AP,etc)

If i may suggest, it should be good that a complete set of the old 262 CFG´s be released with the new defs of the new CFG. (At least for the RARE TYPES because it´s where the more changes are visible)

Put this info in here because may be a valuable info for the other guys. :salute:

Yes, users will have to change the new aircraft.cfg to match the necessary entries related to their specific previously related packages, eg. [fltsim.x], etc.. It's good that you mention the possible areas. The Special Edition is fundamentally just a stand-alone new release that is temporarily free to previous 262 package purchasers, but due to feedback and interest, added emphasis has been put on the fact that it can also be used to bring older releases up to date aerodynamically if desired.

Mike

Very clear Mike :salute:
    Now, going to do some flights with my brand new 262. Thanks again.

Great news indeed

Just dropped email to the support address and I'm going to take this baby out tomorrow after work

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Too dark here to get a descent photo of me and my box right now, but I'll take care of that tomorrow.

Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Very nice! Got one flameout already
    The sound package is very nice too!

Videre Vincere Est
    Nice! Mail is sent

"When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity." - Albert Einstein

Warrant's [MARQUEE]YouTube Channel[/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Photobucket [/MARQUEE] [MARQUEE]Webpage[/MARQUEE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Weather radar EU and USA

Thanks for the Update Mike & Bernt. Its very much more of a challenge to fly now which is great. One thing I'd like to ask about just to check its not me not unlocking something or a problem with installation... I've noticed the front wheel doesn't move with the rudder anymore and to steer on the ground you have to use differential braking... is that how it should be? Its not a problem, just something I'm curious about because it differs from how the model handled on the ground before and I didn't notice any mention of it in the manual.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by MDIvey View Post
    Thanks for the Update Mike & Bernt. Its very much more of a challenge to fly now which is great. One thing I'd like to ask about just to check its not me not unlocking something or a problem with installation... I've noticed the front wheel doesn't move with the rudder anymore and to steer on the ground you have to use differential braking... is that how it should be? Its not a problem, just something I'm curious about because it differs from how the model handled on the ground before and I didn't notice any mention of it in the manual.

Matt
    Hi Matt. The Me-262 didn't have nosewheel steering - it was done by differential braking. I don't believe I ever made the nosewheel turn with the rudder?

Mike

Hi Mike

thought that was the case but just wanted to check. I don't like to contradict the horses mouth but I'm almost sure that the front wheel use to turn when I used the rudder controls... but that's history... if that's how it works its great to have it right... just makes getting to the runway an interesting job which isn't usually so with a trike U/C. Thanks again for such a great model.

KR Matt

Quote Originally Posted by MDIvey View Post
    Hi Mike

thought that was the case but just wanted to check. I don't like to contradict the horses mouth but I'm almost sure that the front wheel use to turn when I used the rudder controls... but that's history... if that's how it works its great to have it right... just makes getting to the runway an interesting job which isn't usually so with a trike U/C. Thanks again for such a great model.

KR Matt
    No, none of the FSX 262's have ever had nosewheel steering, nor did the ones for earlier sims (first did the 262 in 2004, believe it or not). I actually remember someone back then complaining because the nodewheel didn't turn with the rudder! However, if you are taxiing fast enough, the aircraft can be steered somewhat by the rudder, which may have given that impression, as then the nosewheel will turn as the aircraft turns.

Mike

Soon as I find my purchase details I'll be getting this! Thanks for the offer for previous purchasers mIke:ernae:
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Thanks a lot Mike, Bernt and Warwick - she flies like a dream and looks the part! Love we now have to watch those throttles!

Very kind of you all.

I'll have to wait 10 more days before I can finally give a try to this update. :isadizzy:
    Thanks a lot to you all for this update :ernae: